Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 17th, 2020, 01:39 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Grappled figures should not be able to move away using Carry or Summoning etc.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 20th, 2020, 02:26 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I would like to nominate my customs Abe no Seimei (Primary) and Kincho (Secondary) for SoV consideration. They are intended to be the first step towards a Yokai faction, fleshing out the other side of Masha Shingai to create a new and unique faction within HeroScape.

ABE NO SEIMEI

The miniature used for Abe no Seimei is Nymph, Alseid #008 from the recently released Mythic Odysseys of Theros D&D set.

BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

KINCHO

The miniature used for Kincho is Tanuki #019 from Pathfinder's Jungle of Despair release.

Currently, the only other Yokai (possibly) in existence is Masha Shingai, who is under review by SoV. There are no other big existing synergies right now, but these two units leave open the space for further Yokai designs to really flesh out the faction and create something unique.

I've delved into what makes these guys special in the spoilers below. In short, they are a highly creative, unique foundation for a future faction, even if they aren't "competitive" in the traditional sense.

BALANCE
Spoiler Alert!

THEME
Spoiler Alert!

CREATIVITY
Spoiler Alert!

PLAYABILITY
Spoiler Alert!

AVAILABILITY
  • Abe no Seimei is a Common figure from a very recent D&D release. He has 110+ sculpts floating around eBay, 20+ at MiniatureMarket, and generally strong availability for a very affordable price for just $2-$3 on average.
  • Kincho is a bit older, but he's still routinely available for an average of $3-$5. For example, just from these sites he sums up to 96+ sculpts:
    • MiniatureMarket: 11
    • RPGLocker: 25
    • eBay: 60+
Whew. I think that I'm done typing now. Many thanks go out to @Leo Ultra and @Captain Stupendous for their help playtesting and their feedback on the units, along with other users from the Discord server like @Shiftrex and @flameslayer93 for their continued feedback as well! My apologies for the long post, but I look forward to your consideration!
Old September 20th, 2020, 11:35 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

When using Abe No Seimei's Divination special power, how is it decided which unrevealed Order Marker the Yokai player can look at? I assume it's supposed to be that the Yokai player picks from one of 4 unrevealed Order Markers, but that's not what the card says (so I could be wrong about the intent).
Old September 20th, 2020, 12:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

The intent is indeed that the Yokai player can pick any unrevealed Order Marker to look at (so it's not completely at random). I believe that's the precedent that we settled on in AotV due to cards like the Fyorlag Spiders, Silver Surfer, and the Glyph of Oreld, which all specify "random Order Markers" despite not actually being random in practice.
Old September 20th, 2020, 02:29 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
The intent is indeed that the Yokai player can pick any unrevealed Order Marker to look at (so it's not completely at random). I believe that's the precedent that we settled on in AotV due to cards like the Fyorlag Spiders, Silver Surfer, and the Glyph of Oreld, which all specify "random Order Markers" despite not actually being random in practice.
See, I ditched my Marvel set long ago, and never got my hands on Fyorlag Spiders.

Thanks for clarifying that, Astro! Much appreciated.
Old September 21st, 2020, 08:20 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

to review Abe no Seimei and Kincho from me.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 21st, 2020, 02:57 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

It's tough to get a real feel for Abe or Kincho without much in the line of existing Yokai. I can see where they both support Masha, but that's about it. Combined they give some shifting and order marker trickery to Masha, but neither of them do much of anything themselves (Abe's single attack of 3 at range 6 is only ok). I can see potential there, right now I fear it will be like playing the gladiator heroes before the Capuans came out.

Still, the potential is there, and it's hard to really judge them in terms of playability from theoryscaping.

to review Abe no Seimei
to review Kincho
Old September 24th, 2020, 01:32 PM

Continuing the discussion about these new Yokai, I have a general question in regards to Masha Shingai: would it be possible to amend Fiery Retribution to trigger for Samurai or Yokai? For example:

Quote:
FIERY RETRIBUTION 13
When Masha Shingai, or any Samurai or Yokai that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Masha Shingai, receives one or more wounds from a normal attack by an attacking figure who is not adjacent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, deal one wound to the attacking figure.
This change would have no impact on the testing that has already been done on Masha, since he is designed primarily for the Samurai and it doesn't change any other units. It does make for a slight thematic shift if he can avenge both Yokai and Samurai, but it logically follows that he would avenge either type of army that you can expect to find him within (if I had some of the faction laid out way back when he was initially changed to a Yokai, I would've included the synergy then, but unfortunately I didn't have the foresight for that).

Fiery Retribution itself is often fairly weak in practice, but the added synergy with Abe no Seimei and Kincho would result in Masha feeling more valuable for his points in Yokai builds (especially since they're more likely to have high life and low defense than Samurai are). Given that their main issue is quantity of attacks, the extra chance to deal damage is also a nice supplement to the faction and helps them generally feel more cohesive together. I ran some quick tests so far and found this synergy to be reasonable; I would be comfortable with Seimei and Kincho being tested with this synergy in mind.
Old September 24th, 2020, 02:15 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

That change seems fine to me.
Old September 24th, 2020, 02:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That change is also fine with me; I'm wary of setting a precedent for making changes of this nature after a unit has been submitted. But where it changes none of the interactions as of testing time I think this should be fine.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 24th, 2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That change is also fine with me; I'm wary of setting a precedent for making changes of this nature after a unit has been submitted. But where it changes none of the interactions as of testing time I think this should be fine.
Aye, and there is additional concerns since it has already passed UF Review. Though I rather doubt anyone would change their opinion based on this change.
Old September 24th, 2020, 09:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

to both Yokai and to the Masha edit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs