Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Lyrgard's battle reports (links in OP)

I would let the heroes have the time to regroup for this scenario, reason being they have to fight a tons more points worth of figures and they should be allowed to get into the best possible position to beat the mass waves. Also wouldn't it make sense after each battle the heroes take a moment to regroup and heal. Also who says the people you're going to play with are smart enough to bring healers for this campaign. Another thing, when you played the campaign you knew exactly what you wanted each figure to do for each of your three oms, and you knew what and when to expect what was coming. The guys you'll be playing might not always be on the same page on what they are doing. They also shouldn't know what and when there enemies are coming. Also I agree that you should make it that the gm decides when he releases his army.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:54 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome adventure Lyrgard! I'm getting together with a couple of friends this weekend. I think we're gonna do a dungeon crawl now...
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Awesome adventure Lyrgard! I'm getting together with a couple of friends this weekend. I think we're gonna do a dungeon crawl now...
Oh, please tell us how it went !

@Crixus33 : I played this same campaign with total beginners at heroscape. Granted, I made them some pre-made army for them to choose through. They totally understood the need of healer, without me needing to tell them. As for knowing what to do with each order marker, they took lot of time to speack before placing order marker, discussing every possibility of move ! It was really great to see them, They were really good for first-time player, and very often saw through what the GM could do to hurt them and shut down this possibility before the GM could play. They even was wary enough to not trying to take treasure glyphs, without knowing the traps behind them. They also managed to beat the GM on this campaign.

More on the campaign : I made two main mistake when playing this campaign :

1) Playing mixed generals armies.
The campaign stipulate that each heroes'army must be of one general only. So Kelda + Tandros, Raelin + Kaemon are not allowed. It is really hard to find good armies with staying strictly bellow 200points, but if you let a little leisure to your players, here are the best army for each general :

Jandar : Raelin v1 + Sgt Drake Alexander v1 (190points)
Raelin is a must, Drake hit hard, has protection against range, and his grapple can come in handy

Ullar : Sonlen + Theracus (200points)
Sonlen is formidable in this campaign. hitting from range twice, healing from range, can heal himself, like a swiss' army knife. Theracus help with the mobility, can move figure of others players

Aquilla : Rhogar Dragonspine + Darrak Ambershard + Blue Wyrmling (205 points)
Rhogar is another (lesser but still pretty good) swiss army knife, Darrak is a heavy hitter and treasure glyph taker, and the blue wyrmling can hit two targets and flies.

Einar : Tandros + Ana Karithon (220points)
Tandros protects, takes hits and give hits. Ana is a mix of Raelin (def+1 aura) and Kelda (healing), but without having to use order marker on her to heal. She also have ranged SA againsts undeads (zombies, shades, pks, Cyprien, etc)

2) Playing Wo-Sa-Ga
Wo-Sa-Ga is too big. She doesn't fit in the cave. I realized it too late in the game and decided to look away, but definitely, she is too big of a snake ^_^

The second time, I used the following set of armies for the GM, and it worked great :

Forest's army :
2x wolves of badru (1X imposed, or 1x anubian)
1x werewolf lord

Cemetery's army :
2x zombies (imposed)
2x shades of bleakwood (make good fear when the gm rools the D20)

Stair's army :
2x PKs
Cyprien (with stealth flying, they can fly away for the stair, like a bunch of bats ! I like the idea)

Egg clutch's army :
Egg clutch (imposed)
3x black wyrmling (imposed)
1x deathreavers

Swamp's army :
Othkurik (imposed)
3x marro drone
2x marro stingers
1x Minions of Utgar.
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:47 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Oh, please tell us how it went !
I'd love to, but I don't have the time right now. I started to type my reply, but I knew I needed to put some pictures up. So for now, I'll tell you that it went great! We had a blast! (Especially the Game Master. ) It won't be a full-blown battle report, but I'll probably put it in a new thread. (Which won't happen until this weekend, 'cause I'm going to visit a college tomorrow.) I'll let you know when I've put it up.

~Sir Yeshua Forgemaster
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:35 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

haha, I didn't ask for a full fledged photo report (but it would of course be warmly welcomed ), so for now I'm happy knowing you had a blast !
You should definitely make a new thread for that, and now I'm all waiting for it !

I'm currently playing a "classic" game. Vydar 'Trons and Warforged are fighting over the title of "best metalhead fan" and decided to sort it out on the battle field !

So

2x blastatrons
2x gladiatrons
Major Q10
Raelin (v1)

against

3x Warforged soldier
Heirloom
1x Iron golem
Raelin (v1)

(they both took the new clones of Raelin just out of the clonage facility of Vydar, I guess...)

They agreed to meet on Artic Divide (Eh, I received my first Tundra not long ago, I was eager to test it ! First time trying the 'trons and warforged too !). Heavy Snow, Normal Ice. As for the glyph, I'm not sure yet. I was thinking Ivor (range +4, good for 'trons) and Thorian (no more range, good for warforged). Two opposite glyphs. The 'trons move 8 figures a turn so have better map control, but the warforged can switch with a figure on a glyphe ! Do you have better proposition ?

I'll make it a full blown photo report. Stay tuned
Who'll win ?

Last edited by Lyrgard; March 14th, 2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Blasts should have it, only Heirloom could give troubles.

Old March 14th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I don't think you have enough Glads to boost the Blasts; I'll guess that the Warforged will win.
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Warforged are the best.
...but just a little problem for them: they can't switch if they are engaged with 2 or more Glads ! :/

Good luck Warforged, you can do it.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:59 AM

As it stands now, the crowd is 2:1 for the warforged !

@Foudzing : nicelly analyzed, with the heavy snow and little corridor, the tron will probably be a little crowded, and with some good rools, Heirloom can be devastating

@Arch-vile : As a last ressort, blastatrons can be used to give bonus to others blastatron. But you are right. I only have 2x gladiatron (man, they are hard to find now a day, especially in France !)

@DanieLoche : Cyberclaw would prevent warforged to switch even with only 1 gladiatrons engaged !

I finished playing the game, and will start to post the photos !

The preparation :

Internecine Rivalry in Vydar's ranks

The two metallic race in the ranks of Vydar's army are competing to gain the favor of the general. To definetely know who are the best metallic army, the 'trons and warforged agreed to settle this with a fight. They took rendez-vous near small montain, in a place named "Artic Divide".

The map, Artic Divide (BoV's map) :

The Army :

'trons Army
2x Blastatrons
2x Gladiatrons
Major Q10
Raelin (v1)

Warforged Army
3x Warforged Soldiers
Heirloom
1x Iron Golem
Raelin (v1)

I played this game solo. It was for me the first time playing both army (I bought a lot of Heroscape, from what I didn't have the time to try all), so it is possible I made mistakes. I would gladly accepts any comment on this, to learn to play them better.

The armies take place :

Warforged :

'Trons :

Who will gain the favors of Vydar ? It's anyone's guess !

Here is the fight :

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lyrgard; March 22nd, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:04 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll go with 'Trons Army. Warforged really have no way to take out Raelin other than killing all the Glads.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Go Warforged!
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:12 AM

3:2 for the warforged ! Here come the first part of the fight !

First Contact !

Trons gain initiative and begin :

3 warforged Soldiers move up

Major Q10 joins the ranks of trons

On the other side, Heirloom begin a move to gain height.

Having nearly nothing to fear of ranged attacks, the Trons' Raelin move forward and places herself right in front of the corridor between two ice peak

The other Raelin also move. She takes a position to the side of the corridor, where she can see the first half of it, but cannot be seen from the other half.

The Trons once again gain initiative and move forward. The warforged's Raelin cannot be seen as planned.

2 warforged take positions to block the snowy corridor, whereas a third advance from the rear of the start zone.

The Trons move forward once again, and a gladiatron come into melee. Only 3 blastatrons can see the warforged, but the third shoot finds a weak spot.

Heirloom moves up

and does his feared 3 skull special attack :

2 gladiatrons and 1 blastatron fall, despite deing in Raelin's Aura. Heirloom is here !, trons will have a hard time progressing in this corridor !

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports