Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old March 25th, 2019, 11:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Chewbacca and 1 of my 2 Wookie Warrior units finished. Will be a busy week, so won't finish my second unit for a bit, but they will be the same as these.

@TREX , I really like the way you melded Star Wars into the Frostgrave rules. There were only a couple minor tweaks that I will jot down hopefully today.
Thanks Hahma. I also found a few errors when I was formatting the text on some of the cards and also had to resize the pages so they fit better when being printed. Ill take your feedback and anything else I find when going through it once more to make a final draft. I also need to do some cover art for a front for a booklet.

Great looking wookiees.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 25th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Laugh it up furball.
Nice work.
Old March 27th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Laugh it up furball.
Nice work.
Thanks T.

I like the way FFG made a connection with Chewy and Han with some abilities that them synergy.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 27th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

It's been a good few weeks of minis gaming. So I'll start with the game I played longest ago, and work my way forward over the next couple posts as time allows.

I've had this map setup in the basement for a couple weeks for The Walking Dead All Out War, but finally got to chip away at this scenario here and there during the week.

The last one I played with Samuels Garage from 4Ground games and a new stake bed truck I picked up. This time I had wanted to try out the ambulance and paramedic vehicle I picked up at CVS a little while back.

For this scenario, I put objective tokens inside each of the medical vehicles, along with 2 in the building and others here and there, for 8 in total. Using my family custom characters again, we needed to search as many tokens as possible, at least 6, but for sure the ones in the vehicle and building. The building represents a medical clinic, so the group really wanted to get as many medical supplies as possible. Bandage equipment cards were gained when searching those 4 tokens, with regular random supply cards drawn for other objective tokens searched. To win, we needed to all survive, get 6 or more objectives (4 medical) and get off the board only between the center of each side next to the corner we entered from.

We started to the right and took care of some close walkers, then Morgan, the runner, was able to search the ambulance. Then after some more walker killing we moved toward the red ambulance, with Morgan searching the objective token behind the jersey barriers in the middle. Then we continued towards the blue car, with Morgan searching the red ambulance on the way. We took out some more walkers, Roseanne used her gun a second time, taking out another walker but creating Mayhem, as well as running out of ammo. She had more ammo, but needed an action to reload, but we were too busy with using actions to try too reduce threat assn move. My character was the leader and he could auto reduce threat for assndn action, and as too he threat climbed, that and moving were what he needed to. He got bitten, but fortunately the end of turn roll for more bitten damage was in our favor 75% of the time, and Paige having a healing ability certainly helped as well. We had an Alarm event card causing the little blue car near our entry point to create Mayhem, but Morgan with her athletic ability to run 10 inches instead of 8, let her get to the car, shut off the alarm and get back to us.

We were getting close to the front of the clinic, but had to retreat a bit to avoid melee for a couple turns because it added to the threat level. Eventually we headed back to the clinic, taking out walkers in the way, and Morgan made a brave move to search the objective token by the crates. We got in the clinic, took out the walker in the front room, then took out the one in the back. We had another Alarm event anon this time it was the white ambulance. It was good in that it drew all walkers within 10 inches to it, but bad because it raised the threat each event phase, and we weren't going to shut this one off.

Morgan took advantage of the distraction to search the objective token on the he dumpster but there was a Lurker in there, though fortunately it didn't do any damage. She came back into the clinic and joined us on our way out the front of the clinic, and then off the board to the left of where we entered.

Fun scenario. This is one of my favorite games. Very thematic and cinematic.

Old March 27th, 2019, 05:57 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Love those buildings. Whole set up is pretty sweet.
Old March 27th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Love those buildings. Whole set up is pretty sweet.
Thanks T!

I have put a decent amount of money and time on the buildings, and money on the 6 different 2x2 mats from Deep Cut Studios. Not to mention the game minis and scatter terrain. It's rewarding when others enjoy it via pictures or in person, and has certainly been worth it to me in the enjoyment I get from playing and teaching others.

Old March 31st, 2019, 12:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

I had a fun time at Adepticon today. It's an hour and a half drive, but well worth it to check out some cool miniatures games, from the tournament tables, to the demo tables, to the vendors. I also ran into some people I know and met some others.

Plenty of Star Wars Legion tables for tournaments, and plenty more that I didn't get pictures of.

A couple Hoth themed demo tables to let people play a couple rounds to get the feel of the game.

Can't remember what this table was for.

Some random setups for upcoming games.

Some upcoming Legion minis.

New starter set for Legion with 2 new factions with the start of the Clone Wars releases later in the year.

Some Walking Dead All Out War stuff.

Fallout Wasteland Warfare being setup, with a cool vault set from Blacksite Studios. The guy and his wife setting this up were really cool. I talked to them for a good bit.

I demoed a new game called Breachstorm. It was ok. Had some interesting things going on, but also some things I didn't like. But at least I kicked butt in the demo

I did buy a few things as well, and had to restrain myself as there was so much awesome stuff there, it's not even funny.

A quart container of mdf bases of many sizes (some for basing different size minis, and some bigger round and ovals for basing scatter terrain).
A new house with carport kit for The Walking Dead and Fallout Wasteland Warfare.
Several Reaper minis for Rangers of Shadow Deep. (A couple barbarians/savages to hire, some vultures, some giant rats and a townperson with a lot of baggage that can be a Pack Mule for Frostgrave).
10 resin fence pieces (4 corners, a couple straights in good shape and some straights with bent out wood planks.) I'll paint them up and they could pretty much go with many game systems.
A small box expansion for Fallout (with Loner Sole Survivor, Dogmeat Scout and Codsworth. It also comes with another character card for Dog. So you can run with both Dog and Dogmeat in a crew and they have different stats. This Dogmeat is different than the one from the core set. This is more about searching and not as killy. They are also coming out with Dogmeat in armor. This male survivor has his own character card and can be played with the Sole Survivor Nora from the core set in your crew).
And 6 magnetic wound dials that will be neat to keep track of wounds, up to 10. I've seen Ash Barker use them for keeping track of wounds on models for Rangers of Shadow Deep and other games, instead of putting down a lot of wound tokens. I'll give them a shot.

Last week I had received an order of 2 small expansions for Fallout.

Piper on the left, Cait on the right and the Courser next to Cait were one set and Knight-Captain Cade, Paladin Dance and an Eyebot were from another set. I got them assembled and primed. The clear peg that the Eybot sits on was missing, so I emailed Modiphious and they will get me one. I also have put in an order for the Brotherhood of Steel, Super Mutants and Survivors core sets. I'm really diving into this game because I do love Fallout and it's a good game system that is similar to The Walking Dead All Out War, in that it can be played solo, co-op and vs others.

Old March 31st, 2019, 08:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Map, that multi-room 3D urban dungeon crawl set up has me

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 31st, 2019, 08:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Map, that multi-room 3D urban dungeon crawl set up has me
It's on sale, $169, regularly $199

https://blacksitestudio.com/product/the-ark-vault-89/

It comes prepainted (the guy at Adepticon repainted his the way he wanted it). They come in mdf flats where you punch out the pieces and glue together. So there is some work involved

Old March 31st, 2019, 08:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Tempting, but the scale looks smallish for Heroscape figures.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 31st, 2019, 08:55 AM

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old March 31st, 2019, 09:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Tempting, but the scale looks smallish for Heroscape figures.
Well actually, the game that these folks were demoing is Fallout Wasteland Warfare. I just checked the models side by side, and they are the same height as normal Heroscape human sized. Though the Super Mutants from Fallout are bigger. Heroscape minis are chunkier and the bases are a couple mm wider than Fallout.

Generally, terrain kits are going to be made for 15mm historical or futuristic games, or 28mm for everything. Scape and Fallout models are about 32mm. The Walking Dead All Out War minis are 32mm and they work fine with all the terrain sets that I have in 28mm. The main thing is the doorways that they won't be able to stand in, but other than that, they work fine.

That said, this kit is a lot of money if you aren't sure and aren't going to use it. The neat thing though with this company, they leave little circular indentations in connecting points between pieces so you can add little magnets. The guy at Adepticon did this and it made for nice sturdy connections. The set is also pretty modular he said, so you can change stuff around.

Quote:
Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks T! It was fun checking everything out and talking to game designers, terrain company owners, running into people I know from my area, and meeting new people.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures