Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old December 19th, 2019, 12:27 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Send Sir Heroscape to GenCon!

I don’t know you and I don’t know your YouTube channel so this isn’t personal.

That being said, I find it to be in poor form to use this website as a fundraising tool, no matter the reason.

If you have a YouTube channel then the appropriate place to advertise a fundraiser would be through your channel.

- Raider30, Beau
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
I don’t know you and I don’t know your YouTube channel so this isn’t personal.

That being said, I find it to be in poor form to use this website as a fundraising tool, no matter the reason.

If you have a YouTube channel then the appropriate place to advertise a fundraiser would be through your channel.

- Raider30, Beau
My channel is where I’m primarily doing this. I posted it there first. All I did was simply link the campaign in this NEWS forum to get the word out in other locations. My intention wasn’t to do anything else with it here other than provide a link for people to follow. I don’t think I’m out of conduct here, but if I am, admins can let me know.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:42 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Again, not personal, but where does it end?

I contribute to the Heroscape community, my wife sells <insert random mlm item>, all I do is make a post with the link to her product. Is that ok?

-Raider30, Beau
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I dont think Dragon Ruler was hating on you. Its just a difference in what he finds socially exceptable and what isnt. I fall on the side of the fence that if I personally cant afford things, I make it a higher priority for myself to achieve it or live with the fact that I cant have that thing. Thats not to say that others shouldnt do this type of thing. If they are ok with it and the people supporting them are ok with it then there isnt a problem. The OP is quite clear in what is being asked and seems perfectly fine. All people do not look at gofundme projects in the same light and I understand different perspectives. I personally wont ever make it out to Gencon. The cost of it could be afforded if I made it a priority, and the time spent there could happen, but for the expenses of both I dont find it worth the cost. I also would never ask others to cover my expenses, but that is my own prerogative. Good luck on your quest Sir H. I hope you do get to go, because I know how much it would mean to you to get to go.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I have already heard from others essentially the same thing that DR posted above.
Can’t win them all over, and there will always be haters. I mean, I don’t do what I do for a job. It purely started as a “I’m playing a game, so why not video too” decision, and it’s grown to an incredible support group on YT of people who still love the game as well as newcomers. For people who know me, this is not begging. For people who don’t, well, I guess it can’t be helped what they’ll think.
Ah, but I disagree. I would not classify any of our friends here as "haters," or people who are not going to understand. What you propose to do here is something that many, many people are not going to appreciate at first glance. It's a crowdfunding thing, and it's a social media thing. It doesn't speak for itself, to many of our readers.

And that's ok. Just as it's ok that people give or not give, as they please. I appreciate everybody being respectful here, while still airing a fraught-but-fair question.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I contribute to the Heroscape community, my wife sells <insert random mlm item>, all I do is make a post with the link to her product. Is that ok?

-Raider30, Beau
Another fair question!

Not to put words into Sir H.'s mouth, but he might say that he is making Heroscape content on YouTube, and that people who want more of that might be interested here. Not that anybody has to invest, but that's what the investment is for.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 19th, 2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:

-Raider30, Beau
Another fair question!

Not to put words into Sir H.'s mouth, but he might say that he is making Heroscape content on YouTube, and that people who want more of that might be interested here. Not that anybody has to invest, but that's what the investment is for.
Fair enough and I might answer that she gives me a portion of the sales from her products and I use that money to go to Gencon to help run heroscape events for our wonderful community. 🙂

- Raider30, Beau
Old December 19th, 2019, 01:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

-Raider30, Beau
Another fair question!

Also to add to DS here. If he has a singular post and isnt flooding the forum with this stuff it isnt spam. Also if your wife sells minis that can be used with heroscape its perfectly fine to put those said minis in your trade/sales thread. As long as its not being flooded all over the place in multiple posts it should be exceptable. That is where the "end" would be. As I stated above this isnt something I would take part in, but I dont see the problem in how it is handled here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 19th, 2019, 01:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
No one has filmed Gencon events and posted in years...
@lefton4ya , when was the last time someone filmed out there?
@Xorlof , maybe 4 years ago.
He actually filmed just 2 years ago in 2017. He had that sophisticated top-down rig with drop mics and everything. He never got around to editing the footage, i.e. syncing the drop mics, rotating the view, and splitting it into multiple streams. He did post the raw footage with the phone mic, though:

Old December 19th, 2019, 01:59 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
No one has filmed Gencon events and posted in years...
@lefton4ya , when was the last time someone filmed out there?
@Xorlof , maybe 4 years ago.
He actually filmed just 2 years ago in 2017. He had that sophisticated top-down rig with drop mics and everything. He never got around to editing the footage, i.e. syncing the drop mics, rotating the view, and splitting it into multiple streams. He did post the raw footage with the phone mic, though:

I was going to say, pretty sure he did 1 or 2 of these back when I first came in 2017. I think he captured yours and my Bring 2 Championship game (where you beat me single-handedly with MW's ) as well.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 19th, 2019, 02:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Marro Warriors were very good to me that year.
Old December 20th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The proper thing to do is to report the post and let the admins take a look. I will bring this to their attention.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online