Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 13th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscapers that are published authors

I took my own advice. Here is a link to my own book of original poetry on Amazon Kindle. It sells for $2.99. I get $2.10 of that.

The Beasts of Darkwood Hole

Old February 14th, 2012, 05:51 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I am writing a novel! And I am only in junior high. It is medeival/fantasy, but I am trying to keep it realistic. The element of magic and gods will be there, but it will not be clear if it is legend and folklore or a real thing. I will leave it to the reader to decide...
...Until maybe later, if I make a series.

Read a sample here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=38982

Last edited by elvenwizard9; February 14th, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:38 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I took my own advice. Here is a link to my own book of original poetry on Amazon Kindle. It sells for $2.99. I get $2.10 of that.

The Beasts of Darkwood Hole
Yet, here is one example of how Amazon's contract is slightly shifty. I hope you haven't had any issues with this (and hope that it stays that way), but it's something to keep an eye out for:

http://www.sfwa.org/2012/02/guest-po...-e-book-price/

Out of curiousity, how well has your book sold? I'm quite curious...
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post
Yet, here is one example of how Amazon's contract is slightly shifty. I hope you haven't had any issues with this (and hope that it stays that way), but it's something to keep an eye out for:

Jim would have full control over his price if he went with the 35% royalty option. When Amazon introduced the 70% royalty one of the conditions of receiving that royalty rate was that they could and would adjust prices to match the lowest competitor's price. They were very clear and up-front about this, but that's been a few years ago. I got in on Kindle from just about the outset, so I was fully aware of that condition. It could be that he joined KDP late and didn't notice the distinction between the two royalty levels.

The one time it happened to me was, like him, a situation in which Kobo had marked down some titles. KDP (Amazon) told me right away what the problem was. I contacted Smashwords, who distributes to Kobo, they corrected it the next day, and my Amazon price was back where it needed to be the day after that. So far I really can't complain about my experience with Amazon.
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtrumpet25 View Post

Jim would have full control over his price if he went with the 35% royalty option. When Amazon introduced the 70% royalty one of the conditions of receiving that royalty rate was that they could and would adjust prices to match the lowest competitor's price. They were very clear and up-front about this, but that's been a few years ago. I got in on Kindle from just about the outset, so I was fully aware of that condition. It could be that he joined KDP late and didn't notice the distinction between the two royalty levels.

The one time it happened to me was, like him, a situation in which Kobo had marked down some titles. KDP (Amazon) told me right away what the problem was. I contacted Smashwords, who distributes to Kobo, they corrected it the next day, and my Amazon price was back where it needed to be the day after that. So far I really can't complain about my experience with Amazon.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, Mossman.
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:54 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No problem. His point about keeping your eyes open and know what you're getting into is good advice for any agreement- be it self-pubbing or with a big house.
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
No problem. His point about keeping your eyes open and know what you're getting into is good advice for any agreement- be it self-pubbing or with a big house.
While we're on this subject (this is related, but not directly), does Heroscapers have a thread where authors (not necessarily published) can share excerpts of their work? I want to be able to share some of what I have written, but no such threads came up when I searched the site, and I want to make sure that posting such excerpts would be well within the rules.

Also, I didn't want to hijack this thread as it seems to be focused on published Heroscapers.
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This forum is probably the best place to start such a thread, since it wouldn't really fall under Fan Fiction.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM

I started a new thread detailing my book, along with an excerpt.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...70#post1568470
Old March 2nd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I finally got my first online article published by CBS!

Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I finally got my first online article published by CBS!
Way to go!
Old March 25th, 2012, 04:26 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart

Well, don't know if this counts as published, though fed up with waiting months to be taken on by an agent or publisher and after figuring I don't want to wait months more on the very slim chance that something might happen, I decide to make my fantasy novel LORD OF ULIM available on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Ulim-Lord...2706949&sr=8-1

Last edited by philowar; March 25th, 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books