Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 6th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Cyprien Esenwein

The Book of Cyprien Esenwein
Fields of Valor - Collection 7 - Heroes of Elswin

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Sometimes it is difficult to perceive the difference between good and evil. This is not the case with Cyprien Esenwein. He is pure evil.

On Feylund, his undead army of vampires, zombies and skeletons controls most of Annellintia and all of Morindan. He favors his Skeleton Cavalry for their speed and resilience. He fights with his vampires, often indistinguishable from the rest of the army.

On Valhalla, Utgar has given much authority to Cyprien. His pure evil nature and lust for power has impressed Utgar. Cyprien fights alongside his army and leads by example, taking on the opposing armies’ greatest champion. Often, the opposing champion is cold and dead before he realizes what has happened. With each fallen champion Cyprien grows stronger. Cyprien is feared by all; even Drake has felt his chilling touch. To make matters worse, Cyprien has begun drinking the waters of the wellsprings, and he has received visions of his undead army. He believes eventually a portal will open and his entire army will join him on Valhalla. The combined attack of a huge Marro army and Cyprien’s army would bring certain doom to any opposition.
(Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
LIFE DRAIN
Each time Cyprien Esenwein destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. Cyprien Esenwein cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

CHILLING TOUCH
After moving and before attacking, Cyprien Esenwein may attempt a Chilling Touch. To do this, choose a figure adjacent to Cyprien Esenwein and roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 1-12, nothing happens.
• If you roll 13-15, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.
• If you roll 16-17, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.
• If you roll 18-19, the chosen figure receives 3 wounds.
• If you roll a 20 or higher, the chosen figure receives 6 wounds.
Cyprien Esenwein's Chilling Touch does not affect Soulborgs or destructible objects.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Cyprien Esenwein's movement, ignore elevations. Cyprien Esenwein may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Cyprien Esenwein starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
    A figure can move 0 spaces, so yes. He can stay where he is and use Chilling Touch. (Hasbro FAQ)

- STEALTH FLYING : Walking Away From Engagements
    Does Cyprien Esenwein have disengage when walking?
    No. If Cyprien Esenwein's flying power is negated, or if he decides to walk away from an engagement, he will take any leaving engagement strikes. If Cyprien Esenwein begins his move engaged and chooses to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement swipes. (dnutt99)

- LIFE DRAIN : Destroying your own figure
    If I control Cyprien and use him to destroy another figure I control, will Life Drain still remove a wound marker?
    Yes. Life Drain states "Each time Cyprien Esenwien Destroys a figure...." it does not specify that it has to be an enemy figure.

Synergy Benefits Recieved
  • - SONYA ESENWEIN : Eternal Strength / Chilling Tough
    If Sonya Esenwein is in play and under your control, Cyprien Esenwein may benfit from her ETERNAL STRENGTH d20 enhancement for his CHILLING TOUCH ability.

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Cyprien Esenwein may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings
Jexik: Cyprien Esenwein- Cyprien wears the daddy pants for the vampires, and for good reason. However, Q9 is still too hot to be cooled by Cyprien's touch. A-

OEAO: A-

Cleon: Tier 8 (40/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
TBA

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Cyprien Esenwein

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: vc added
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:36 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Such a cool hero! Very awesome and fun abilities. I'll be very interested in seeing how he will play out. His ability to kill 2 units in a turn is very good. He can even multi-wound very well too. Hopefully he's not too expensive. Havign a built-in healer is amazing. He has very decent defense, very high life, and has stealth flying to boot!
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I will be spending a LOT of time figuring out how to beat this guy before GenCon because I know he's going to be a popular selection. I also know that he's got some counters....

Q9 if you don't want chase him.

Krug if you can get him engaged.

I also think that SuBakNa could smack him down.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I will be spending a LOT of time figuring out how to beat this guy before GenCon because I know he's going to be a popular selection. I also know that he's got some counters....

Major X17 could tie him down. No running away, a ton of defense, and enough attack to kill him. Plus, he's immune to the Chill.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:12 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yea, you have to hope that the opposing army doesn't choose a blas/glad/q9 army, cause vampire armies will get crushed
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:13 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Well it looks like we've found the first weakness to Vampires...... A Blast/Glad combo with Major X17 mixed in there.
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:

Major X17 could tie him down. No running away, a ton of defense, and enough attack to kill him. Plus, he's immune to the Chill.
Yet anothr example of how this wave gets us to rethink old figures....MAjor X17 isn't the most popular player out there, but he should see new life against cyprien.
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:

Yet anothr example of how this wave gets us to rethink old figures....MAjor X17 isn't the most popular player out there, but he should see new life against cyprien.
One of my favorite thing about Heroscape - with each Wave, use of figures ebbs and flows. X17 was low on the list of drafts. Now he's a counter to a VERY powerful unit from a new wave. Due to the Warden, Zettians, Obsidians, and Dumutefs may return to the tournament calibur circuit. It really is fantastic. The power creep works backwards - instead of NEW figures outclassing everything, it breathes new life into OLD figures.
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:39 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Chilling touch is probably how he'll be healing himself most of the time...

Come to think of it, he needs to fight squads to heal efficiently, and heroes are innately weak to squads... Playtesting will tell.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 7th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I really like this guy. I can see him tearing up an orc army. With his old lady beefing up his special he gets even nastier. Then the whole Stealth Flying, movement 8 thing...*shudders*
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:48 AM

nickmodaily has disabled reputation
I think that X17 and Cyprien would make a great combination. X17 can tie down a bunch of smaller enemy units, you know, keeping them fresh for him while he flies around the board taking out the larger ones. Then when he gets hungry, he can fly back to see what X17 has for him for dinner. X17 would be like his refrigerator.

"It is not possible to fight beyond your strength, even if you strive."
Homer, Iliad, XIV 1. 214
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmodaily
I think that X17 and Cyprien would make a great combination. X17 can tie down a bunch of smaller enemy units, you know, keeping them fresh for him while he flies around the board taking out the larger ones. Then when he gets hungry, he can fly back to see what X17 has for him for dinner. X17 would be like his refrigerator.
And a good draft pick....select X17 so your opponent can't use him against you.

I like this guy a lot. I think I will be taking him with swarm armies frequently. I'll use him to feast on my Orcs. Ten points killed for a wound removal? That's fair.

As an undead, he's immune to zombification.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units