Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 7th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of War Machine

The Book of War Machine

C3G MARVEL WAVE 9
HOMELAND SECURITY

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set.
Its model number and name are #067-069 / War Machine.
Its model number and name are #211 / James Rhodes.
Character Bio - James Rhodes is the best, and perhaps the only friend of Tony Stark who is otherwise known as Iron Man. When Tony Stark was held against his will in a war camp during the Vietnam War, during his escape as the newly suited Iron Man, he encountered James Rhodes. The two worked together to escape as Rhodey commandeered an enemy helicopter and flew Iron Man away to safety. Tony Stark reached out to Rhodey and offered him a job to be his personal pilot. Tony Stark did this in an attempt to reward Rhodey for saving his life as he was disguised as Iron Man. Rhodey eventually took the job and the two became the closest of friends. When Stark fell into alcoholism and faked his own death, Rhodey took over the mantel of Iron Man for a brief time. When Tony Stark resumed the role of Iron Man, Rhodey continued his superhero career by using the War Machine armor that he modified and equipped with multiple assault class weaponry such as a mini chain gun, rocket launcher, sub machine guns, and laser guided ballistics with a built in targeting computer.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: If Killer Croc uses his Swamp Creature ability, would that trigger War Machine's Auto Chain Gun?
    A: Yes. If an opponent's figure is thrown, placed, summoned etc. into engagement with Mystique, then Engagement Strike applies. So if a figure not within Auto Chain Gun range ends up within Auto Chain Gun range for any reason, you may roll for it (prevents friendly fire situations).

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:42 AM. Reason: png
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:13 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of War Machine

NAME = WAR MACHINE
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES RHODES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 270

AUTO CHAIN GUN
When an opponent's figure that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine prior to moving ends its movement within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Continue rolling for Auto Chain Gun until the figure is destroyed or you do not roll 11 or higher.

ARMOR PIERCING ROCKET LAUNCHER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2.
Only non-adjacent figures can be attacked with this special attack. For each skull rolled, the defending figure subtracts 1 die from its defense. After attacking with this special attack, War Machine may attack two additional times.

TARGETING COMPUTER
Reduce War Machine's Range number by 1 for each Wound Marker on this Army Card. Add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled when War Machine attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Viegon; June 17th, 2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:59 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of War Machine - Designing

Looks good Griff .
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm lovin it. The only thing I think might even need to be toggled in playtesting is the D20 number on Auto Chain Gun - but we'll see.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 7th, 2011, 03:20 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yeah, this design is the poop! Great stuff, this should fly through, though I agree with Bats, the d-20 number might need tweaked, but looks great for now.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; July 7th, 2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:41 AM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT War Machine

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 265-275, so probably 270.
- Give a brief overview. He has a great normal attack but it is also easily countered by just engaging him or forcing him to take enough wounds to lose his Targeting Computer. His Special Attack is a blast , and should also give him the crowd control he needs to really handle squads. His Auto Gun is a great tool, and though it can be out ranged and countered, it is still something his enemies have to keep in mind.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 280.
- Give a brief overview. This was fast and close. I really thought WM was gonna get this one, but the PDs pulled it out in the end.
Map: Custom.
Units: War Machine - VS - Parademons x3 +1 extra.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Give a brief overview. War Machine just had far too many attacks in his Special Attack for the Kree to keep up with, especially since the ranges matched.
Units: War Machine - VS - Kree Scout x7.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. A very well balanced game and it was a lot of fun using the targeting computer with Captain America's boost and also bonding with Bucky.
Units: War Machine, Captain America (C3G), Bucky, Ant-Man, and Fire Ants x7 - VS - Ultron.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. He is fast enough and has a great arsenal of weapons to handle just about any opponent.
Units: War Machine and Silver Surfer - VS - Green Lantern (Hal) and Flash.
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM

This is a great response thanks. And after I did the tests and made some tweaks, he was worth about 280 to me, so good call on that. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
War Machine! Awesome, I've been waiting for this guy!

So at first glance, I like him. The Auto Chain Gun power is cool. Will make him very dangerous to melee squads and heroes. I do think the d20 roll may need to be a bit higher. Playtesting should be able to prove one way or the other. I like the wording of the power. I think it is more clear than the official wording for similar engagement strike type powers (Nakitas, Ice Spikes).

Armor piercing rocket seemed too powerful at first, with three shots per turn, until I looked back at Punisher and realized he was rolling more dice. Neat way to simulate miniature Man-portable type rockets that are dangerous, but not insta-kill.

Targeting Computer is great too. I love how damage reduces its effectiveness. Very nice touch!

I think his cost may be a bit too low. This guy is certainly more than 20 points better than Official Iron Man. But, of course, official Iron Man sucks, so maybe this is about right.

Really no big flaws I see here. Theme is great and powers are fun and interesting. I'll be printing this out for my games, and can't wait until Iron Man MK3 is out!

Rob

P.S. - Is this the kind of feedback you're hoping for? Am I looking at/thinking about the right things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
For your ERB viewing and commenting pleasure, I am proud to announce and introduce you to WAR MACHINE! Thanks for your help.

WAR MACHINE
JAMES RHODES

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
SOLDIER
DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 260

AUTO CHAIN GUN
When a figure that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine prior to moving ends its movement within 4 clear sight spaces of War Machine, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Continue rolling for the figure until it is destroyed or you no longer roll 11 or higher.

ARMOR PIERCING ROCKET LAUNCHER
SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2.
Only non-adjacent figures can be attacked with this special attack. For each skull rolled, the defending figure subtracts 1 from its defense. After attacking with this special attack, War Machine may attack two additional times.

TARGETING COMPUTER
Add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled when War Machine attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack. Reduce War Machine's Range number by 1 for each wound marker on this Army Card.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Solid feedback from Porkins. Glad we decided to bring him into the ERB.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old July 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

That has got to be the fastest initial playtest on record.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:46 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
That has got to be the fastest initial playtest on record.
Griffin hasn't slept for the last 72 hours.
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:37 PM

LOL. I have had a lot of down time the last few days, and I really wanted to devote it to playtesting and getting some things moving along, and not just my designs either, but public and private designs like Ronan, Banshee, War Machine, etc. Tomorrow evening is my only event for the week, so I am getting in as much C3G fun that I can. I have even been playing Heroscape with the kids. And tonight me and the wife threw them a "stay up TV night Ice Cream party" for being so good lately.
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:24 AM

I propose we move to Playtesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library