Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How to Rebase Zaeus, Blade Dancers, and Omegacron

Hey guys. I have been lately been rebasing my C3V figures, and I have found that the units in the title are tough to do. Zaeus and the BDs have these really thick plastic pegs on their feet that are a pain to cut off, and Omega is firmly stuck to his base. I have been using an X-ACTO knife to cut the other figures of their base, and Zaeus was a pain through this method. Anyone have any ideas on how to rebase these guys?

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: How to Rebase Zaeus, Blade Dancers, and Omegacron

When I've rebased AT-43 and Confrontation figures, I flex the base back and forth to try to loosen the feet. Then I use wire snippers to cut away the base, pointing the snippers toward the feet. Usually, the base will split to the hole the peg is in. I try to leave the pegs intact then mark and drill holes in the new base and use the pegs to get a better bond.

For Mechwarrior figures, I use a sharp X-acto knife and slowly try to work it between the feet and the base. Sometimes they pop off easily and other times...let's just say I'm lucky to have all my fingertips. The trick is to keep the blade flush with the top of the base so you don't cut into the feet...and cut away from your fingers, not towards them.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I agree with Mac, the Confrontation bases are so similar to Heroscape bases that I was not planning on rebasing them. You just have to sand them down a fraction to make them fit in ladders.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I agree with Mac, the Confrontation bases are so similar to Heroscape bases that I was not planning on rebasing them. You just have to sand them down a fraction to make them fit in ladders.
I had thought about that, but never tried it. I'd like the bases to be the same as Classic Scape, but I've got so many UNA, Red Blok, and Therian figures that I'll never get them done. I'll give this a shot. Thanks, Z.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

With figures like the skeletons or Phemera Omega or Storm Golems, I definitely think the sanding approach is the way to go. The bases look good and are nearly identically-sized to the classic medium Heroscape Bases. No need to go through all the effort of rebasing, in my book.

For Zaeus and the VBDs, it's a slightly stickier question, because the bases they are mounted on are larger - basically the same size of the D3 large round bases. If it bothers you to have a medium figure on a large base, then I could see rebasing those. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal, though.

For Omegacron, I also use an exacto knife. One suggestion I have is to let the figure sit in a pan with some boiling water for a minute before you rebase. This will soften the plastic and make your job easier. This trick helps soften the basing materials of all minis, although it's less effective on Huge D&D figures (which have stiffer bases than small/medium/large D&D figures).
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks you guys. I have to rebase my Storm Golems, Blade Dancers, and Omegacron still. I will boil Omega for sure. That seems like the best solution. The Dangers I will see if I can use the knife to create a wedge under their feet so I can slip a wire cutter in there and cut off the knobs. Then I will clean up their feet to be flat. Thanks you guys!

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs