Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:49 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Trex's customs:Assassin's Creed/Attachment Cards 10/16/1

Is it weird to play the Airborne troopers since you have to make a decision about order markers before you know where they are going to land? I wonder if it might be better to place them after rolling for initiative (so the AE can get placed first) but before placing Order Markers.

EDIT: I just re-read the AE card. I was thinking that they are placed before rolling for initiative, but their card simply says "before placing OM's". It's not specific about rolling for Initiative. So my comment above may not make any sense...
Old October 22nd, 2018, 12:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Is it weird to play the Airborne troopers since you have to make a decision about order markers before you know where they are going to land? I wonder if it might be better to place them after rolling for initiative (so the AE can get placed first) but before placing Order Markers.

EDIT: I just re-read the AE card. I was thinking that they are placed before rolling for initiative, but their card simply says "before placing OM's". It's not specific about rolling for Initiative. So my comment above may not make any sense...
I have it worded so they dont clash with the airborne elite at the front of the game. The difference with the airbourne clones is that you roll for each squad at the beginning. The ones that didnt make the gunship drop are placed in your startzone. The ones dropped by gunship are placed after initiative is rolled. It works thematically as well because after you have an initiative order figured out they join the fight.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 22nd, 2018, 09:57 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ive been busy at work with my 3d printer. Ive found a variety of things sci fi or star wars that you could put on tree hex bases. Naturally it would be loads of fun to add to the existing HoSS destructible objects. One thing that is frustrating about the destructible crates and barrels are that some are multi life objects. While this doesnt sound particularly bad, if you have multiple of each of them you are required to track them seperately and have a bunch of cards for each kind of crate. My fix for this is simple. Make each type of crate a 1 life DO so you have 1 card for each crate/barrel size. I also plan on making DO cards for items such as atgar cannons, e web cannons, various turrets, computer consoles, revolutionary war type cannons, and others all with models available through 3d printing much like my dungeon defender eternia crystals. If any of you have other ideas like this youd like to see let me know. Ill be using the HoSS rules for occupancy on some of these or a rendition similar for guns the characters man from an adjacent space.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Ive been busy at work with my 3d printer. Ive found a variety of things sci fi or star wars that you could put on tree hex bases. Naturally it would be loads of fun to add to the existing HoSS destructible objects. One thing that is frustrating about the destructible crates and barrels are that some are multi life objects. While this doesnt sound particularly bad, if you have multiple of each of them you are required to track them seperately and have a bunch of cards for each kind of crate. My fix for this is simple. Make each type of crate a 1 life DO so you have 1 card for each crate/barrel size. I also plan on making DO cards for items such as atgar cannons, e web cannons, various turrets, computer consoles, revolutionary war type cannons, and others all with models available through 3d printing much like my dungeon defender eternia crystals. If any of you have other ideas like this youd like to see let me know. Ill be using the HoSS rules for occupancy on some of these or a rendition similar for guns the characters man from an adjacent space.
I did two things for my DO's. The first was that I only ever give them max 2 life. For large crates I made paper versions that I reinforced with foamcore. My son stepped on a few. Those became the damaged ones. So they start at 2 life and when they take damage I replaced them with the damaged ones. Before that and for other things like smaller crates I use markings such as having one face of the crate having a 2 on it or something and the opposite side having a 1. Then I can just flip them when they are damaged.

Something else I'm running though in my head is to give certain DO's a defense of ZERO with a power that gives them X number of Auto Shields. The though is that they don't defend themselves so why should their defense be a variable. It should be a set strength and you either hit it hard enough to damage it or not.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:58 PM
"like" happy

@japes , I like the idea of the shield. I actually have some customs in the works that use shields. Im a long time fan of Starcraft and Starcraft II. My protoss zealots and Artanis I have so far will have a shield ability that Ive been working up. As far as the destructible crates all mine are made from solid materials. Id mainly change them to 1 each to save card spce on the table. Ive already printed some atgar cannons to make a man able turret with the same stats as the rebel atgar cannon but as a DO that any figure can use. I like the anti infantry battery as is. I have 2 of those and may print some more. When I print the eweb turret ill just give it the same abilities as the gunner that has it but it will be a DO object figures can man. I also found and made some cool computer consoles that could control different types of remote turrets. I have 5 bacta tanks, and like those as is. Lastly I have some cryo sleep pods and bigger crates that at the very least will just be cool scenery glued to tree hex bases. I remember in the newer battlefromt games that some of the turrets have a shield on them though. Whats even better, is all this terrain will work for heroscape and as terrain on my grid less wargame battlefields.

Old October 23rd, 2018, 12:02 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For some things I don't mind 1 life for but others I never liked the balance of just upping the defense. It made it impossible for some things to damage them. I may not be able to damage a car with one shot but give me a few opportunities to weaken it and I can start tearing it down. And I'm getting old so I'm at most only rolling 3 dice.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 12:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You can only lift 3 dice or can only calculate 3 at a time?
Old October 23rd, 2018, 12:57 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Maybe both wise guy.

My attack as a formerly well trained Human with no special powers or weapons. Though I'm told I'm pretty deadly with a bo staff and my wooden practice daishō. Mostly the Katana but I'm not bad with the wakizashi either. So maybe I am an Attack of 4.

Old October 23rd, 2018, 02:45 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Maybe both wise guy.

My attack as a formerly well trained Human with no special powers or weapons. Though I'm told I'm pretty deadly with a bo staff and my wooden practice daishō. Mostly the Katana but I'm not bad with the wakizashi either. So maybe I am an Attack of 4.
I used to be good laying a beatdown with my fists, but nowadays my strong point is the business end of my ak 47s., thanks to my Ulcerative Colitis wearing me down over the years.

Old October 23rd, 2018, 03:48 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

In junior high school I took karate class...does that count?
Old October 23rd, 2018, 04:06 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Most definitely

Old October 23rd, 2018, 04:56 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
That's 2 Attack for you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards