Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart
The Book of Nicholas Esenwein

The Book of Nicholas Esenwein

C3V Wave 1 - Thormun's Reprieve - Heroes of Vasel's Vigil

PDF Download

The figure used for this unit is a Vampire Guildmaster figure from D&D Miniatures. Its model number and name is (38/Savage Encounters), or a Vampire Stalker figure from D&D Dungeon Command: Curse of the Undeath

Character Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Bloodborn Rising
Each time Nicholas Esenwein destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. If the destroyed figure was small or medium, and not undead, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Thralls. Nicholas Esenwein may not use Bloodborn rising on destructible object.

Overextend Attack
After taking a turn with Nicholas Esenwein, you may place a wound marker on Nicholas Esenwein and take another turn with him. You may only use this power once per round.

Flying
When counting spaces for Nicholas Esenwein’s movement, ignore elevations. Nicholas Esenwein may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Nicholas Esenwein starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take and leaving engagement attacks.

- Rulings and Clarifications -_______________________________________

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
Bloodborn Rising: Thralls
After Nicholas has destroyed a small or medium non-Undead figure, you may replace that figure with one of your previously destroyed Thralls.
Skeletons of Annellintia: Necromancy
As an Undead Duke, Skeletons of Annellintia can be placed on Nicholas Esenwein's card to potentially reanimate.
Synergy Benefits Received
Zombie Hulk : Paralyzing Fear
As an Undead figure, Nicholas Esenwein may be aided by Zombie Hulks's PARALYZING FEAR special ability

Skull Demon : Valkrill Attack Aura 1
As a Valkrill Figure with a Range of 1, Skull Demons can boost Nicholas' attack.
Synergy Imposed
Ana Karithon : Turn Undead Special Attack
As an Undead figure, Nicholas Esenwein is subject to Ana Karithon’s TURN UNDEAD SPECIAL ATTACK

Van Nessing : Divine Mission
As an Undead figure, Nicholas Esenwein is subject to Van Nessing’s +2 attack die when Van Nessing takes another turn using DIVINE MISSION.
______________________________________________________________________ __
- Heroscapers Community Contributions -

Power Ranking and Master Index
Nicholas Esenwein- He's no Cyprien, but healing and bringing back a figure with one kill is a solid combo. If stronger Thralls arrive, he gets stronger. B -by dok

Unit Strategy Review
-TBA

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12

Last edited by superfrog; January 18th, 2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Darkprowl Thrall added
Old September 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Nicholas Esenwein

His overextend attack makes him amazing. Cause in one turn he could heal two wounds (including the one taken from overextending), and revive two previously destroyed thralls. He's a studmuffin.
Old September 17th, 2011, 05:57 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe it's worth to copy in the bio spoiler the text you'll find here: C3V Highlight May 22nd 2011
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
Maybe it's worth to copy in the bio spoiler the text you'll find here: C3V Highlight May 22nd 2011
I got it I didn't know that was there, thanks again!

**General Update 1-30-12
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Nicholas Esenwein/Preyblood Thrall army has this to it that I didn't pick up until actually playing a game with them:

Each Preyblood Thrall you create is another potential wound you can heal from Nicholas, as he can destroy the Preybloods that he revives. So if there's a lull in the battle where the opponent is moving in reinforcements, Nicholas can attack a Thrall or two to recover wounds/fuel a future revival.

Sooooo cool.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
The Nicholas Esenwein/Preyblood Thrall army has this to it that I didn't pick up until actually playing a game with them:

Each Preyblood Thrall you create is another potential wound you can heal from Nicholas, as he can destroy the Preybloods that he revives. So if there's a lull in the battle where the opponent is moving in reinforcements, Nicholas can attack a Thrall or two to recover wounds/fuel a future revival.

Sooooo cool.
That would be great, but I think their Undead status prevents this. Bloodborn Rising specifically requires a non-Undead figure. At least, as I interpret the card - I am frequently wrong...

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Nicholas could destroy a Thrall to heal a wound, but could not create another Thrall, because it is Undead.

You can look at Bloodborn Rising in two Parts

Bloodborn Rising
1)Each time Nicholas Esenwein destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.
--Nick destroys a figure and heals a wound.

2)If the destroyed figure was small or medium, and not undead, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Thralls. Nicholas Esenwein may not use Bloodborn rising on destructible object.
--The figure was not Undead, and was small or medium...you may, if you have any destroyed Thralls, replace said figure with a Thrall.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I have to say, that Nicho and the Thralls are one of my favorite releases from C3V so far--they're topped only by Van Nessing in my book.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:34 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

In his first turn Nicholas could move to one of his Thralls, attack and destroy it to regain a wound, then overextend, recieving a wound, destroy an opponets non-undead, small or medium figure to remove a wound and revive the Thrall you destroyed on the first turn.

Basically using your own thrall as a bridge to get to an enemy figure that you could not reach in one turn.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old September 24th, 2011, 03:31 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nicholas Esenwein is Undead, you should add the following in "Synergy Benefits Offered".

Zombie Hulk: Paralyzing Fear
As Undead, Nicholas Esenwein may benefit from the Zombie Hulk's Paralyzing Fear defense penalty when attacking other figures.
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM

Thanks dalu. I also added a link to all the other Books and I added dock's power rankings, C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

**General Update 1-30-12
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:12 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Minor card error: the term "Undead" should be capitalized, as it's referring to a Species type.
Quote:
Bloodborn Rising
Each time Nicholas Esenwein destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. If the destroyed figure was small or medium, and not undead, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Thralls. Nicholas Esenwein may not use Bloodborn rising on destructible object.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs