Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old September 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Marvel Super Hero Teams

It seems intuitive to think that super hero teams should be able to work together as a unit, but how do you think they'll handle it and still be compatible with the Heroscape system?

When I've tried making super hero customs, the biggest liability with any super hero team, when pitted against a Heroscape team composed largely of squads, was their inability to move as a single unit.

So far in regular Heroscape, heroes don't bond with other heroes. We have common squads that bond with general heroes, and we have unique squads who have movement bonding with name-specific common squads.

So do you think they'll introduce hero-to-hero bonding? Or do you think they'll figure out a way to make hero squads without them all having the same powers? Or will they not do anything at all with bonding? Maybe that's why they don't recommend mixing the two sets, as the heroes just won't be able to stand up to the squads of Heroscape.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody has any guesses on this.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:53 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
special power bonding moves

I think there should be bonding of a sort, like:

Fastball Special
Before or after moving, but before you attack, you may throw Wolverine up to 6 spaces. Wolverine must end the movement adjacent to an enemy figure. All intervening height levels are ignored for the purpose of this movement. Wolverine may immediately attack after being moved with the fastball special.

(Whew-I never realized how difficult it is to word a fairly stright forward idea into heroscaperulese.)

OR

Leader Among Men
Before moving Captain America/Cyclops/Reed Richards you may take a turn with one of the Avengers/X-Men/Fantastic Four

I guess I see more potential for specific team dynamics or inspiring leadership than complete bonding, "We're a team so we all get to move... "
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Although...

I can't believe I'm posting twice in a row but I just thought:

Modok would make a great bond with a squad of AIM,
Nick Fury could bond with Agents of SHIELD,
Elektra could bond with a squad of the Hand,
and Viper could bond with squads of Hydra.

Although Viper could have some sort of bonding with Silver Samaurai as well.

Some other good Dynamic Duos might be:

Captain America and The Falcon
Powerman and Ironfist
Spiderman and The Black Cat
Cloak and Dagger
I'm sure there are a ton I am missing...

I would put the bonding on one of the duo, but not both. Probably Falcon, Black Cat, etc. (Although if falcon bonds with Cap then Cap could bond with an Avenger...this could get messy...)

I guess, as I see it, a hero type could bond with a squad of shmatties or a hero could bond with 1 other hero, but I don't think it would be balanced/feasible to let an entire group of heroes bond.
Old October 4th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
There could be a squad card; let's just say the Fantastic Four. The squad card counts a certain amount of points, so there is a cost to activating more than one fig. Then you fill in the 4 squad slots with heroes; let's get real crazy and have the FF be the Thing, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, and Dr. Strange. You essentially draft 5 cards to get a 4 man squad.

OR

Have a squad card with combo specials for teaming up, a la the throwing Wolverine mentioned above, and then the individual unit cards that go with the squad members. There could maybe be two versions of the figure's stats to reflect them in a squad vs a stand alone hero (more for point balancing than anything).
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:28 AM

CriesJuggernaut Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
There could be a squad card; let's just say the Fantastic Four. The squad card counts a certain amount of points, so there is a cost to activating more than one fig. Then you fill in the 4 squad slots with heroes; let's get real crazy and have the FF be the Thing, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, and Dr. Strange. You essentially draft 5 cards to get a 4 man squad.

OR

Have a squad card with combo specials for teaming up, a la the throwing Wolverine mentioned above, and then the individual unit cards that go with the squad members. There could maybe be two versions of the figure's stats to reflect them in a squad vs a stand alone hero (more for point balancing than anything).
That sounds like a really cool idea. I know this post doesn't really contribute to the thread, but I hope that's ok. I just wanted to give you props for a cool idea.
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:58 PM

phrost Woo who?
bonding with marvel is a bad idea...
Old October 2nd, 2007, 12:04 AM

CriesJuggernaut Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrost
bonding with marvel is a bad idea...
Care to go a bit more in depth?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:12 AM

Well, since they decided to make the Marvel Heroes much more powerful than I was expecting, it probably would be overwhelming to give them some sort of standard bonding-- though the limited bonding they gave Dr. Doom and Red Skull seems about right.

Still, the heroes need more squad killers, but at a lower price, if they want to stand up to normal Heroscape armies. Captain America is great against melee units, I think, but they could use somebody like Hawkeye with a triple attack and more range-- the Tactician ability would help Cap and Hawkeye work well in tandem.

But, yeah, I think they just need to come up with more multiple attack options for the Marvel Heroes, and that'll probably solve the Squad-scape vulnerability.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb

Still, the heroes need more squad killers, but at a lower price, if they want to stand up to normal Heroscape armies.
Why would you need squad killers when there are no squads in Marvel.

Also, its not like the classic squads do that much to Marvel figures, or at least 40% of them.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakysak

Why would you need squad killers when there are no squads in Marvel.

Also, its not like the classic squads do that much to Marvel figures, or at least 40% of them.
Well, Marvel Heroscape is still Heroscape, and in Heroscape there are squads. In the comics, Super Heroes can take out whole armies of figures, but not quite so much in Heroscape. I still think Marvel Heroes are vulnerable to squads-- which 40% are you thinking of? If you were to use 320 points of Arrow Gruts versus the Thanos, yes, I think they'd have a good chance of beating him. They'd almost definitely beat the Hukl, and I don't mean because they're using Krug or Mimring, either. I suppose I can't test this, because I don't have 300+ points worth of Arrow Gruts, but that's 32 Arrow Gruts (if my math is right, in my drunken haze), and if you keep hitting at the Hulk, I think there's a good chance he'll whiff 8 times before the game is over. If you split the Arrow Gruts up enough, it'll take the Hulk 32 turns to kill them all, and the Gruts have 3 attacks per turn, so that's potentially 96 shots taken at the Hulk before the Hulk kills them...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion