Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2022, 04:52 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Yes, so glad they changed the colors in time for it to be reflected in the video. They look a lot better.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 05:09 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Backer rate has increased since the video was posted, so thats good to see
Old November 2nd, 2022, 05:16 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was personally a fan of the vibrant colors but I’m definitely in the minority here. Still, I’d love to see an orange faction down the line (maybe when Valkrill makes his eventual return?).
Old November 2nd, 2022, 05:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Pretty good video of two guys having fun playing the game. They clearly both enjoyed it and some of the new units had interesting powers. I believe a few rules mistakes were made, but not a big deal. The comments about how sweet the terrain is and a desire to own it just for use with other games is one I've heard many times before. Just imagine if the 420K subscribers he has that play those other games could throw down ~$100 for a terrain only pledge option. Might have got a million or more raised just from terrain sales.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 06:13 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

But they're not selling terrain, they're selling HeroScape. The more I think about it the more I agree that they made the right call and didn't parse things out. They're trying to relaunch the game. Have it stand on it's own two feet. Once it's established, they've said they can offer terrain packs and such. Having the game fund because 75% of the backers grabbed terrain doesn't bode well for the health of the game.

I realize most of this is coming from just wanting it to fund and let the chips fall where they may. But I would like Scape to be back for the long haul.

What if a terrain only pack ended up telling the powers that be, they should just make a lot of terrain and the heck with the game part of things going forward?

-insert signature here-
Old November 2nd, 2022, 06:14 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
What if a terrain only pack just told the powers that be, they should just make a lot of terrain and the heck with the game part of things going forward?
Then we would get a lot of cool new terrain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 2nd, 2022, 06:36 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
What if a terrain only pack just told the powers that be, they should just make a lot of terrain and the heck with the game part of things going forward?
Then we would get a lot of cool new terrain!
They're sitting on a goldmine (terrain) and insisting on selling a whole game (HeroScape) is holding them back from making a ton of money.

They should sell the terrain separately. Then they can sell a figure/card/order marker pack later for people who want HeroScape and not just the terrain.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 06:43 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
But they're not selling terrain, they're selling HeroScape.
Avalon Hill wants to sell the game of Heroscape. Hasbro should just want to sell product, whatever that product happens to be. If they had run this campaign with three tiers (tier #1 the whole shebang, tier #2 just the terrain, tier #3 a dozen pizzas) and the pizza tier made up 85% of the backers, they would be well advised as a company to fire up those ovens.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 07:32 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
But they're not selling terrain, they're selling HeroScape. The more I think about it the more I agree that they made the right call and didn't parse things out. They're trying to relaunch the game. Have it stand on it's own two feet. Once it's established, they've said they can offer terrain packs and such. Having the game fund because 75% of the backers grabbed terrain doesn't bode well for the health of the game.

I realize most of this is coming from just wanting it to fund and let the chips fall where they may. But I would like Scape to be back for the long haul.

What if a terrain only pack ended up telling the powers that be, they should just make a lot of terrain and the heck with the game part of things going forward?
What would tiered offerings have done to the logistics of production and delivery? I’m no marketing expert, but I reckon tiered offerings where one tier might be significantly more attractive than the others would’ve taken the $2,000,000 jumping off point where they just need to make 8,000 copies of one product, higher, due to, as your example said, 75% of backers only wanting terrain.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 07:40 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
I was personally a fan of the vibrant colors but I’m definitely in the minority here. Still, I’d love to see an orange faction down the line (maybe when Valkrill makes his eventual return?).
I actually liked the bright colors too. I like the new colors too though. I do wonder why they chose to go with two different shades of green instead of making one of them a totally different color.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; November 2nd, 2022 at 08:04 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 07:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm very excited for you guys to get to see some more designs. I'll repost this quote here; you can tell your grandchildren this bit of trivia about power names:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
The "Hire Crew" power is very thematic and fun. Crimson Widow could give the hired unique squad an extra attack die with "Pirate Commander" (melee only) and move them with "Midnight Raid", and Bok-Bur-Na could help their attacks with the "Intimidate" power.
I was working on that concept and trying to come up with a good name for it. "Pressgang" didn't seem right, because that was used to add poor folks to the *navies*, and not to pirate crews.

So I did some research, to figure out how pirate captains actually added crew to their ships. It turned out, the answer was as old as recorded history: they paid them. Sailors wanted to be pirates because it was the best way to make a living on the open seas.

Hence the power name: Hire Crew.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 2nd, 2022, 08:13 PM

Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
I actually liked the bright colors too. I like the new colors too though. I do wonder why they chose to go with two different shades of green instead of making one of them a totally different color.
There aren’t really any new colors left. Red, orange (prior to Revna’s change), yellow, green, blue, and purple are already spoken for.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion