Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 29th, 2018, 02:15 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Death Knights of Valkrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Is there any squad more boring than the Death Knights?! They have always left me cold..... The Mezzodemons are a great example of how to create a two-'man' squad that nonetheless offers great interest. The Death Knights, however..... <yawns>
I actually find them really fun, and they get drafted pretty regularly when I bring them along to my school's gaming club. I only have two squads of them, but the relentless heroes they work well with are a lot of fun to play
Old December 31st, 2018, 09:50 PM

Radidactyl Woo who?

The Death Knights go great with Khosumet and Taelord.

Not to mention half of the squads in the game basically have 0 defense against them.

I would hardly call them boring.
Old March 1st, 2019, 01:43 PM

ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker

Kon-Tar-Na should be added as a synergy for unholy bonding

ScapeRaider is currently the only Marro Warrior...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old December 25th, 2019, 01:23 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

In an online game with a friend last night I drafted 3 squads of these guys as a counter to my friend drafting 2 squads of sentinels. I usually use marrden hounds or black wyrmlings against the kyrie, but he knows that trick well enough that he had already drafted brandis and was "taunting" me to draft hounds because he was just gonna draft some soulborgs.

I tricked him up with the death knights and they performed flawlessly. I feel like a lot of people don't take them seriously because they aren't in the feared category of "le epic 3-man squads," but they truly don't need it. He flew out his sentinels to tie me up and hold down glyphs, and tried to run and gun with brandis and some krav.

Before he could even position his range, I was ripping holes through his sentinel screen using the death knights. These guys literally strip sentinels of their redeeming ability. Plus, he was having a tough time bringing any of them down with most of his attacks being attacks of 3.

TL;DR: Death knights are sentinel slayers lol. I imagine they could really put some hurt on the WoA as well as a counter-screen. If you are playing against them, make sure you have a can-opener or two handy as well.

Last edited by DoomCarrot; December 25th, 2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 08:44 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

I too love these guys! Arguably my favorite DD classic units. I use them often with Sir Hawthorne, and while they can get mowed down by ranged units over open terrain, they are great if you can get a squad or 2 up on a hill for high ground, or if you can manage to clog a choke point! 5 defense is nuttin' to sneeze at. (And if they manage to grab height, you're in for a world of hurt!)

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 4th, 2020, 08:14 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I used these guys in general wars this one time. I think the point limits were 330 for one general and 150 for another and Utgar and Vakrill were considered the same so I brought Sir Gilbert, 3x Knights of Weston, Sir Hawthrone, and a squad of Death Knights. Although the blue knights won most of the glory being able to switch bonding to Sir Hawthrone and if need be the Death Knights by the end of the match for cleanup was no joke.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old August 11th, 2020, 04:07 AM

Suzashi Woo who?

The card soul weapons ability says that the opponent subtracts 2 from their defense dice. Does this mean that an opponent with 3 defense only rolls 1 defense dice or does it mean the opponent rolls all 3 defense dice and subtracts any defense rolled. For example, a death knight rolls 2 attack dice and 1 lands on a skull, the opposing character has 3 defense, rolls all 3 defense dice and 2 land on a shield. Would the opposing character then have 2 defense - 2 (for soul weapons) = 0 defense and take 1 damage. Or would the opposing figure instead just roll 1 defense dice?
Old September 1st, 2020, 04:38 AM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzashi View Post
The card soul weapons ability says that the opponent subtracts 2 from their defense dice. Does this mean that an opponent with 3 defense only rolls 1 defense dice or does it mean the opponent rolls all 3 defense dice and subtracts any defense rolled. For example, a death knight rolls 2 attack dice and 1 lands on a skull, the opposing character has 3 defense, rolls all 3 defense dice and 2 land on a shield. Would the opposing character then have 2 defense - 2 (for soul weapons) = 0 defense and take 1 damage. Or would the opposing figure instead just roll 1 defense dice?
The opponent rolls two fewer die. In your example your opponent would roll one dice.

Last edited by superfrog; September 1st, 2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old December 7th, 2020, 03:46 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Smile Re: The Book of Death Knights of Valkrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Synergy Imposed
  • GOTHLOK: Aura of Despair
    As a figure that follows Valkrill, Azazel the Kyrie Warrior is immune to the affects of AURA OF DESPAIR
  • VAN NESSING : DIVINE MISSION
    As an Undead figure, Death Knights of Valkrill provide Van Nessing an attack bonus when using DIVINE MISSION.
Gothlok's Aura lists Azazel instead of the Death Knights
Old December 8th, 2020, 10:05 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Updated (you can tell I copied and pasted). Also I find it interesting that "Synergy Imposed" lists both helpful and hurtful "reverse synergy". Not sure if the same heading should be applied to both. I could see the helpful synergy imposed (such as immune to AURA OF DESPAIR) be listed as "Synergy Benefits Received" as I have noticed some other C3V books have listed, but official books do not. The Book of Grok Riders has "Synergy Benefits Revoked" but I don't see that being better for either of the above "Synergy Imposed" scenarios.
Old December 18th, 2022, 12:05 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man I'm pissed! 4-5 years ago at a Gen Con past I bought enough loose DK for $2 a pop to have 4 squads worth. Now when I go looking for them for the first time since I bought them I cannot find them

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old March 1st, 2024, 06:24 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Bonding with evil Raelin means -3 defense dice for the enemy! I have always liked these guys, but been disappointed with their output. This could really change things!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units