Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old April 10th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Don't be fooled by the "Must have Multiples" dogma. There are units that demand mulples like drones and Zombies do to the nature of their powers, however you have a very good game with singles. Some times 70 points of 4th mass are a blast to have on the board and play very differnt than their hoading counter part.

The designers have said the price of the units is not really dependant on them being common. So single units are totally worth it. When all you have are signle squads your games become a blast to play and are usally a blast because there is so much varity.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Don't be fooled by the "Must have Multiples" dogma. .... When all you have are single squads your games become a blast to play and are usally a blast because there is so much varity.
Very true. At our next Heroscape Gameday the match is "There Can Only Be One" - i.e. you are not allowed multiples of anything. We've tried it before and it is a lot of fun. OM placement can get very exciting, and you see strange forces (Grok Riders and Romans with a few Marro Warlords for example)
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:01 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good Morning.

Last edited by J4Jandar; April 10th, 2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Q already answered.
Old April 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Don't be fooled by the "Must have Multiples" dogma. .... When all you have are single squads your games become a blast to play and are usally a blast because there is so much varity.
Very true. At our next Heroscape Gameday the match is "There Can Only Be One" - i.e. you are not allowed multiples of anything. We've tried it before and it is a lot of fun. OM placement can get very exciting, and you see strange forces (Grok Riders and Romans with a few Marro Warlords for example)
Shun the non-believers.
Old April 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM

tidus 360 Woo who?

Glyphs: If i have a figure (A) who moves onto a glyph (Erland (for example)), Do I HAVE to use the summoning ability? Can the figure just stand there without using the glyph? Same thing with other glyphs can i stand on glyphs without activating them or using their permanent powers?

Ruin's: What is the height # of the small and large ruins supplied in the first master set?
Also the ruins get smaller and bigger... like on the large it seems big at one spot and it seems like the height goes down one level on the opposite spot, does this effect gameplay? Or is the WHOLE ruin the same height #.

Special Powers: I know special powers aren't affected by gluphs, abilities, etc; But what about the target.... do his/her abilities and glyphs still affect him/her, or does the figure have to ignore things just like the attacker.

Range: When attacking across the battlefield between gaps, can you count the outside of the battlefield as spaces? Or do you HAVE to follow the long way and still consider it range spaces.

Miscalculations: If a player rolls TO MUCH dice by accident, what do you do? Make them re-roll, make it miss (What if they get 0 skulls? Should they still re-roll?). Same with defense. Also, If they roll less then listed on the army card what do you do?

Now i know it is kind of a house rule thing to determine what to do, but is there like an official way to resolve this because conflicts often pop up over this.
Old April 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

My answers are in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus 360 View Post
Glyphs: If i have a figure (A) who moves onto a glyph (Erland (for example)), Do I HAVE to use the summoning ability? Can the figure just stand there without using the glyph? Same thing with other glyphs can i stand on glyphs without activating them or using their permanent powers?

If the gylph is symbol-side up, then you don't have to activate them. If they are shown power-side up, though, they have to be used.

Ruin's: What is the height # of the small and large ruins supplied in the first master set?
Also the ruins get smaller and bigger... like on the large it seems big at one spot and it seems like the height goes down one level on the opposite spot, does this effect gameplay? Or is the WHOLE ruin the same height #.

I believe they are height 7.

Special Powers: I know special powers aren't affected by gluphs, abilities, etc; But what about the target.... do his/her abilities and glyphs still affect him/her, or does the figure have to ignore things just like the attacker.

Not sure what you are asking here. An example would be best.

Range: When attacking across the battlefield between gaps, can you count the outside of the battlefield as spaces? Or do you HAVE to follow the long way and still consider it range spaces.

When battling across gaps or edges of a battlefield, you have to count the hexes that you see for range. You can't count imaginary hexes.

Miscalculations: If a player rolls TO MUCH dice by accident, what do you do? Make them re-roll, make it miss (What if they get 0 skulls? Should they still re-roll?). Same with defense. Also, If they roll less then listed on the army card what do you do?

I would reroll, IMO. That's how I play.
MegaSilver
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:23 PM

tidus 360 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
My answers are in bold.

Quote:

*Are both the small and large 7? Also, do the heights change as the ruin gets smaller? -the size seems to decrease as you look across it.*

*Example: If Mimring uses fire line special attack against figure A who has 4 defense, mimring may not get any bonuses to his attack roll. Does figure A get any bonuses to his defense roll, such as height advantage, glyphs, aura's, etc.?*

Thanks

MegaSilver
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:28 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
My answers are in bold.

Quote:

*Are both the small and large 7? Also, do the heights change as the ruin gets smaller? -the size seems to decrease as you look across it.*

They are the same height, throughout the entire section of both ruins.

*Example: If Mimring uses fire line special attack against figure A who has 4 defense, mimring may not get any bonuses to his attack roll. Does figure A get any bonuses to his defense roll, such as height advantage, glyphs, aura's, etc.?*

The defender does get defense bonuses. Mimring does not get attack bonuses.

Thanks

You're welcome.

MegaSilver
[/quote]
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:37 PM

tidus 360 Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
My answers are in bold.

Quote:

*So, the spikey parts do not add to the height, because what if you wanted to move over it, it wouldn't seem right to not include the spiked parts as height. Also how would you move over it right?

MegaSilver
[/quote]
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:43 PM

tidus 360 Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My answers are in bold.

Quote:

*So, the spikey parts do not add to the height, because what if you wanted to move over it, it wouldn't seem right to not include the spiked parts as height. Also how would you move over it right?

MegaSilver
[/quote]

Another new question.... Can double spaced figures be on the top part of the warehouse ruin? (Marvel)
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Nope, they don't add height. It's mostly aesthetics (?). I recall reading somewhere on here that a DW9K could climb overtop it if another figure was on the Move +2 gylph. You need the appropiate height and movement to get over the ruins. If you have these, then you just place it the other side of the ruin.
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:48 PM

Another new question.... Can double spaced figures be on the top part of the warehouse ruin? (Marvel)

Yes, if they can get up there with their movement.

MegaSilver.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's