Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 20th, 2019, 01:58 PM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!
Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 9/27/22)

Maps are tagged with either Casual, Competitive, or Tournament

Casual - A casual map is usually asymmetric and is designed for fun casual matches or interesting scenarios. It is very likely that one type of army will fare better than another.
Competitive - A competitive map is generally symmetric and plays well at home where a team is drafted specifically for that map. One type of army may fare better than others but it usually will not be as lopsided as a casual map.
Tournament - These maps are built to ARV specifications and designed specifically with tournament play in mind. They should not favor one play style over another.

A map tagged with a capital S indicates a map with a specific scenario attached to it.

1 Master Set:

Bog 'em 'n' Bag 'em - Competitive
1 SotM

The Bone Snake Bog - Casual - S
1 SotM
1 TJ
The Bone Snake (Wo-Sa-Ga)
The Bone Snake Alert (youtu.be/UeyJ81rjl1Q) - VOLUME WARNING!

Circle the Pond - Competitive
1 RotV
2 RttFF

Crashing the Commons - Competitive
1 RotV
1 RttFF
1 FotA

The Cursed Stone Table - Tournament
1 RotV
2 RttFF
2 FotA

Cut From the Team - Competitive
1 RotV
2 RttFF

Grassland Mesa - Competitive
1 RotV

Grisly Plateau - Competitive
1 RotV

Heavy Hills - Casual
1 RotV

Hot Shot - Casual
1 RotV
2 VW

Ice Caps of Fenrael - Casual - S
1 RotV
1 TT

Jungle Blitz - Competitive
1 SotM
1 FotA
1 TJ

Marro Trash - Casual
1 SotM

Monolithic - Competitive
1 SotM

Spires in the Sand - Competitive
1 RotV

Squashtrophobia - Competitive
1 RotV
1 RttFF

They're Only Chasing Safety - Competitive
1 RotV
1 RttFF
2 VW

The Treacherous Road - Competitive
1 RotV
1 RttFF

Volcan Hills - Competitive
1 RotV
1 VW

2 Master Sets:

Corazón del Diablo - Competitive
2 RotV
2 RttFF
2 VW

Lava Plaza - Competitive
2 RotV
2 RttFF
2 VW

Meet Me at the Wellspring - Competitive - S
2 SotM

Scoria Tribunal - Tournament
1 RotV
1 Sotm
1 Fota
1 VW
1 TJ

Sunken Wastes - Competitive
2 BftU
2 VW

Swampletics - Competitive
1 Rotv
1 SotM

Undergrowth Alley - Competitive
2 SotM
2 RttFF
2 TJ

Volcanic Ravine - Competitive - S
2 RotV
1 FotA
1 VW

3 Master Sets:
Molten Grotto - Tournament
2 M:tCB
1 BftU
1 VW

Translate the Night - Tournament
2 M:tCB
1 RotV
1 FotA

4+ Master Sets:

Alcanza Ruins - Competitive
4 RotV
4 RttFF
2 FotA
2 TT

Brykranna Keep - Competitive
6 RotV
4 RttFF
2 FotA

Castles Divided - Competitive
4 RotV
2 RttFF
2 FotA

Esperanza Coast - Casual
4 RotV
4 RttFF
2 FotA
2 TT

Jungle Highway - Casual
2 SotM
2 BftU
2 FotA
2 TJ

Reach for the Skies - Casual
4 RotV
2 FotA

Volcano Island - Casual
8 RotV
4 VW
4 TJ

0 Master Sets:

Perilous Peaks - Competitive
2 VW
2 TT

Br1an's Legacy Maps:
These are a few maps that I made when I was 13 years old. Most of them aren't great, and these are just the few that were somewhat competent.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Br1an; November 5th, 2022 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added Translate the Night
Old February 20th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Br1an's Battlefields

That’s a great map...love me some crazy multiplayer fun with lots of sets. Will have to use it sometime.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 20th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That map is way cool! I'm excited to see more awesome maps!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 20th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

That looks really cool. 1 issue that could come up though, is that the connections between the 2 armies are only 1 hex wide, which means that melee armies will have a hard time getting to the other side. With a map this big, Range will always rein supreme, but you can make it a little easier for the melee figures by using road (which you've done) and by widening the pathways to the ranged pods.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 12:06 PM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!

Just added Reach for the Skies, another large 4 MS map. Wanted to make something crazy and tall with as much surface on each of the 3 tiers as possible and I think I did pretty well. Not the most stable build or balanced map, but it was fun to build, design, and play!

PDF download link
Old February 23rd, 2019, 12:08 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1an View Post
Just added Reach for the Skies, another large 4 MS map. Wanted to make something crazy and tall with as much surface on each of the 3 tiers as possible and I think I did pretty well. Not the most stable build or balanced map, but it was fun to build, design, and play!
Oh please post build instructions!! I love this!!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 23rd, 2019, 12:15 PM
The Road Not Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1an View Post
Oh please post build instructions!! I love this!!
Ah yes, forgot to say I updated the first post to include the PDF! That'll be my format from here on so they're easily accessible. I'll also post it in the update comment too though!
Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:42 PM
The Road Not Taken

Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/3/19)

Just added my first map that I will hopefully submit for the contest soon, The Cursed Stone Table! This is my 14th revision that I've made on this one map in a week since the contest was announced, in an attempt to get the most diverse, yet balanced map possible. I've finally made something I've proud of and it played well. Would love to hear others' opinions and those of the judges before submitting officially! (also I moved 3 of the pillars in the middle right after taking the above picture so please assess it based off the Virtualscape version available for download, thanks!)

@Flash
@Sir Heroscape
@Nomad
@BiggaBullfrog
@TREX

The Cursed Stone Table DOWNLOAD

"Legend tells of a dark, demented evil that used to inhabit these woods. Though none have yet seen it, many claim Utgar himself would bring captors to his sacrificial stone table deep in the heart of the Forgotten Forest. There he would offer them to the Dark Lord in exchange for corrupted powers. Sorceries that would allow him to cut down his foes no matter their distance. Long assumed to be folklore, recently uncovered ancient manuscripts reveal that this cursed table may be a more substantive fear than ever before. Unfortunately, we are not the only ones to receive this intel, as word has spread far and with haste through the mountainside... Be on your guard, for night has fallen, and we are not alone in these woods."
-Saylind

1 Rise of the Valkyries
2 Road to the Forgotten Forest
2 Fortress of the Archkyrie

3 Players

Goal: Destroy all of your opponents' figures

Setup: Each player drafts or brings a pre-made 500-point army and starts in one of the three designated starting zones. Place the glyph of Wannok where shown (If a glyph of Wannok cannot be supplied, you may proxy it with a glyph of Brandar. Rules for the glyph of Wannok will be supplied below).

Victory: When the other player/team has no figures left on the battlefield, you win. If the battle reaches the end of Round 12, then the game is over and the player/team with the most points on the battlefield wins (see Scoring, on page 10 in the Master Game Guide).

Glyph of Wannok (Wound): At the end of every round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1, the figure on the Glyph receives one wound. If you roll a 2 or higher, you may choose an opponent who must give one wound to any figure he or she controls on the battlefield.

Last edited by Br1an; March 6th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:11 PM

Love this! The backstory really sells what's going on here and I really like the crazy quick action and bloodshed that will happen on this map. The center can be reached by 6 move figures, but multi-player formats are the great equilizer for what would otherwise be too strong a position. The center for example could really get clogged by rats and things, but I think that effect will be minimized by having a third player there. This looks pretty good.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:17 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Love this! The backstory really sells what's going on here and I really like the crazy quick action and bloodshed that will happen on this map. The center can be reached by 6 move figures, but multi-player formats are the great equilizer for what would otherwise be too strong a position. The center for example could really get clogged by rats and things, but I think that effect will be minimized by having a third player there. This looks pretty good.
I agree, I think this is the same one he sent me pics to look at. What is good for a 2 player competitve isnt always good for a 3 player. Hence the power glyph on height which works great here I think.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:22 PM
The Road Not Taken

Thanks guys! In the PDF it shows more clearly there are 3-3 hex sections on same height, in range view to the center, plus the center height being 7 hexes to make the center very easy to reach, but hard to defend. So melee and range have a shot at taking down the target on the glyph. And the multitude of pillars allow for melee units to approach the center without being picked off from all sides. Just kinda what I was thinking through while designing it.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:26 PM

Very well done. I like.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios