Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Point caps in Valhallascape

Why does this hypothetical 500 point character have to be so massive?

Why cant it be normal dragon size(or even smaller)? Superman would be a good example.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I agree with lefton4ya and Bats that upping the Life on certain pre-existing templates would be a simple (but not the only) way to achieve balanced, high-cost heroes. Nilfheim is a great example of a figure that can hold his own against both heroes and squads.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

185 isn't exactly a high point cost, though. The higher the points get, the more difficult it gets to feel like you're getting a true "return on investment."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:06 PM

Delph is surprisingly tart

How about a beholder? 300 pts? 350?

Life-8
Move-4
Range-6
Att-5
Def-2

MAIN EYE
You may choose any opponent’s Unique figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Beholder. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1–10, nothing happens. If you roll a 11–20, place a Negation Marker on the chosen figure’s Army Card. All of that figure’s special powers are negated for the entire game.

9 OTHER EYES SPECIAL ATTACK
Roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll a 1-3, nothing happens.
• If you roll a 4–5, move affected figure to another hex no more than 3 hexes from current location.
• If you roll a 6–10, remove all turn markers from army card.
• If you roll a 10–15, destroy figure.
• If you roll a 16–20, take control of the chosen figure and that figure’s Army Card. You now control that Army Card and all figures on it. Remove any Order Markers on this card..

FLYING
When counting spaces for Beholder's movement, ignore elevations. Beholder's may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Beholder's starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's cool how he gives Su-Bak-Na the power to fly.

Edit: And, no, even with his offensive potential, that 8 life and 2 defense would never make him a good draft at 300 points.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delph View Post
How about a beholder? 300 pts? 350?

Life-8
Move-4
Range-6
Att-5
Def-2

MAIN EYE
You may choose any opponent’s Unique figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Beholder. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1–10, nothing happens. If you roll a 11–20, place a Negation Marker on the chosen figure’s Army Card. All of that figure’s special powers are negated for the entire game.

9 OTHER EYES SPECIAL ATTACK
Roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll a 1-3, nothing happens.
• If you roll a 4–5, move affected figure to another hex no more than 3 hexes from current location.
• If you roll a 6–10, remove all turn markers from army card.
• If you roll a 10–15, destroy figure.
• If you roll a 16–20, take control of the chosen figure and that figure’s Army Card. You now control that Army Card and all figures on it. Remove any Order Markers on this card..

FLYING
When counting spaces for Beholder's movement, ignore elevations. Beholder's may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Beholder's starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
I was about to say that this was a bit overpowered. But with 2 Def and 8 life, it might balance out. Hmmm...still thinking.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I would say an ultimate helper Raelin The Kyrie Warrior v.X:

Life-6
Move-5
Range-1
Attack-4
Defense-4

Supreme Aura: All figures you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior add 1 to their attack and defense dice, add 2 to their move and 2 to the range of any figures with a range of 4 or more. Raelin the Kyrie Warrior’s Supremel Aura does not affect Raelin the Kyrie Warrior.

Hero Bonding. After Taking a turn with Raelin the Kyrie Warrior, you may take a turn with any other unique hero or squad.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Raelin the Kyrie Warrior’s movement, ignore elevations. Raelin the Kyrie Warrior may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Raelin the Kyrie Warrior starts to fly, if she is engaged she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Another option would be healing ala Kelda instead of bonding, but either way - this makes "Taelord Costs too Much" irrelevant.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM

skye is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
The thing is, whose standard is this? I think a lot of people accept "the" standard a bit too easily around here. 500 points, BoV, 24 start zones is a nice tournament standard, but tournaments shouldn't be the standard. I mean, it's a game designed for casual drafting and at home fun before all else! A standard game for me runs 600-1500 points on a regular basis.
I don't necessarily disagree with you on any particular point, but the tourney scene gets the greatest press on the site. When someone asks about which packs to buy, how many, or what armies they should field; the responses almost always seem to come back with a tourney in mind. To me, it merely seems to be the way many approach the game and it doesn't seem to readily open to high-cost heavy-hitters.

That said, most games played in my house range around 1000 points, and a couple more power houses would be more than fine by me.

insert signature here --> _________
Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think expensive heroes still have a place in tournaments. Braxas, Nilfheim, ad Major Q9 are not cheap, but lots of players, myself included, play them competitively. I definitely think that having a big, bad, expensive unit would be neat, especially in dungeon scenarios. Maybe the blue wyrmling's big brother...Even with a huge base you could give it zero move, but some sort of teleport type ability so it could still move around. A 300 point dragon sounds appetizing, as you could still fit some units in there for 500.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:54 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm still waiting for the squad that bonds with Jotun. Then he'd be worth the points.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 3rd, 2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Obelix would work around 400 and Asterix around 350 :)
Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:19 PM

Delph is surprisingly tart

Do you have an idea of theme for that squad? What kind of remora would attach themselves to him?
Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"How do you land an airplane on an aircraft carrier?"
"Very carefully!"

I think the designers have answered you by making a number of powerhouses in D2 that are below that point threshhold. The Generals themselves would be that powerful, but you and many others don't want them in the game. But I'd expect to see one or two more characters in the high count eventually. Not because someone was aiming for them to be there, but to solve a specific design problem/requirement. You can check out my Beholder on my customs thread--he qualifies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion