Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old December 4th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 4/1/20 - Parallel

Quote:
Originally Posted by myth26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I’m planning on releasing a batch of new maps for the holidays, probably right before Christmas. I have 2 of them done, but I wanna make and finish several more. If you have any terrain combination requests let me know.

(competitive, 1 master set + 1 or 2 expansions)

Edit: They don’t have to be winter/holiday themed lol, I just want to give the community several new competitive maps as a gift!
If you are able to do a multi-expansion map, how about VW+TT+TJ(+VW)?

Edit: I just looked at the contents of those sets and realized those three are not a lot of tiles to work with... perhaps something with lava and snow next to each other but with a penalty if you use flying?
Yeah, I’m working on a Dungeon/Lava/Snow map next
Old December 5th, 2020, 12:39 AM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Would a RotV+VW+TT map suffice? I had that one on my list but I guess I could try a BftU+VW+TT one instead. Marvel’s the only set I’m not interested in; I really don’t build maps with Marvel, I don’t know maybe it’s because there’s no terrain effects and I just always think of Marvel as separate. Maybe down the road I’ll start mixing some Marvel, it does look cool with VW.

Thanks man, I get really amped for maps too
I just took a look at all the maps, and noticed that you haven't done something mixing VW+RttFF, RttFF+TJ, BftU+TJ, BftU+VW all of which I would be interested in seeing how you would adapt. The RttFF+TJ could work with both SotM and RotV as a terrain source, and the jungle itself could be the "forest" or at least wooded area. BftU+TJ could show some vegetation in the dungeon. But I think BftU+VW would make the most sense if the map was located under a volcano.

As for a RotV+VW+TT... I can't believe I never did that when I was little!
Old December 5th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

So I have 4 maps done, one of which is most likely going to have a lot of tweaking, they are a 1SotM+1FotA, 1BftU+1VW+1FotA, and a 1SotM+2TJ. I haven’t quite gotten the VW/TT map to my liking yet, I keep scrapping it, but I will have one by the time I release these.

I’m also releasing new versions of some existing maps that I’m looking forward to (Iceberg Lettuce, Grinder, Zigzag, Impasse). Some are really minor changes, but I think they were needed improvements and it got me excited working with those again. I’ll post those too, maybe earlier.

Quote:
Quote:

Would a RotV+VW+TT map suffice? I had that one on my list but I guess I could try a BftU+VW+TT one instead. Marvel’s the only set I’m not interested in; I really don’t build maps with Marvel, I don’t know maybe it’s because there’s no terrain effects and I just always think of Marvel as separate. Maybe down the road I’ll start mixing some Marvel, it does look cool with VW.

Thanks man, I get really amped for maps too
I just took a look at all the maps, and noticed that you haven't done something mixing VW+RttFF, RttFF+TJ, BftU+TJ, BftU+VW all of which I would be interested in seeing how you would adapt. The RttFF+TJ could work with both SotM and RotV as a terrain source, and the jungle itself could be the "forest" or at least wooded area. BftU+TJ could show some vegetation in the dungeon. But I think BftU+VW would make the most sense if the map was located under a volcano.

As for a RotV+VW+TT... I can't believe I never did that when I was little!
How does a RotV+RttFF+VW map sound?

Last edited by Cleon; December 6th, 2020 at 01:28 AM.
Old December 6th, 2020, 03:11 PM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
So I have 4 maps done, one of which is most likely going to have a lot of tweaking, they are a 1SotM+1FotA, 1BftU+1VW+1FotA, and a...
Quote:
Quote:

Would a RotV+VW+TT map suffice? I had that one on my list but I guess I could try a BftU+VW+TT...
I just took a look at all the maps, and noticed that you haven't done something...
You have my attention and I am interested in how you would do it!

Out of curiosity, what do you use to make your map building instructions?
Old December 6th, 2020, 08:49 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Quote:
So I have 4 maps done, one of which is most likely going to have a lot of tweaking, they are a 1SotM+1FotA, 1BftU+1VW+1FotA, and a...
Quote:
Quote:

Would a RotV+VW+TT map suffice? I had that one on my list but I guess I could try a BftU+VW+TT...
I just took a look at all the maps, and noticed that you haven't done something...
You have my attention and I am interested in how you would do it!

Out of curiosity, what do you use to make your map building instructions?
I, and basically everyone on this site, use a program called Virtualscape. You can find it in the Software section of the Custom Heroscape Creations forum.

Last edited by Cleon; December 6th, 2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old January 4th, 2021, 02:21 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Sorry for the delay in getting the maps up. Last month was crazy with the holidays and everything and I couldn’t finish all of them. I have 4 done, and I’ll start posting them this week. There’s 1 that’s almost done, and then 2 that I need to get to. I wanted to get all 7 done then post them before Christmas, but I think I bit off more than I could chew. Nonetheless, new maps coming this week!
Old January 4th, 2021, 11:33 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in getting the maps up. Last month was crazy with the holidays and everything and I couldn’t finish all of them. I have 4 done, and I’ll start posting them this week. There’s 1 that’s almost done, and then 2 that I need to get to. I wanted to get all 7 done then post them before Christmas, but I think I bit off more than I could chew. Nonetheless, new maps coming this week!
Glad you're still at it! Who knows, if there's a nice snow map up here in the next couple days I might take it along for my little cabin stay.

Happy building!
Old January 5th, 2021, 04:22 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Quote:
Glad you're still at it! Who knows, if there's a nice snow map up here in the next couple days I might take it along for my little cabin stay.

Happy building!
I just finished the 5th map and now I’m ready (I’ll find time either tomorrow or Wednesday). Unfortunately I don’t have any snow maps with these first 5, but the next 2 I’m working on are snow maps. . If I happen to crank one of them out and I’m all good with it then I’ll post it up, but I think for those 2 I wouldn’t predict within the next few days.

You never know though, sometimes you get on a roll with map building and maps just come to you. That’s what happened with Parallel, I built it in one sitting (I think I might have altered the center the next day, I don’t remember). And the first 4 maps I have ready pretty much all came to me fast, but then I was so burnt out I couldn’t tackle any more. But now I feel good after recharging over Christmas and with completing this 5th map and I think I will bust out another map rather quickly.

(Spoiler: the maps I’m about to post are 1SotM+2TJ, 1RotV+1RttFF+1VW, 1SotM+1FotA, 1BftU+1VW+1FotA, 2BftU+1TJ)
Old January 5th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: 5 New Maps! 1/5/21

Like I said I wanted to get these up right before Christmas but didn't manage to, and then I wanted to before New Years and that didn't happen either. But I still see plenty of lights around my neighborhood, so better late than never! Here's my gift to you this (last) year - 5 new competitive maps! I hope you all had a great holiday and get some games in these next couple cold months.

Bamboo: (1 SotM, 2 TJ)

Download

Domination: (1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 VW)

Download

Fishbone: (1 SotM, 1 FotA)

Download

Ironworks: (1 BftU, 1 VW, 1 FotA)

Download

Subterranean: (2 BftU, 1 TJ)

Download

There are 2 maps I'm still working on that I didn't get done in time (1BftU+1VW+1TT and 1RotV+1RttFF+TT), and some of my past ones that I've updated that I'll post next (big changes in Iceberg Lettuce, and fairly minor but needed changes in 4 others). Then I'll be back to making maps at my own pace as well as updating some more past ones that I don't think are all that great lol.

Enjoy!
Old January 6th, 2021, 02:43 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have Fishbone, Bambo and Ironworks set up, and have played games on all of them. They're all fun maps!

I built a tundra version of Ironworks that I think looks quite spiffy. This weekend I'll convert it to virtual scape and share it with everyone.

As I said earlier, the potential issue I found on Bamboo is that the hive side glyph is 11 spaces for one side and 10 for the other. I couldn't find a obvious fix, but I think it can be done with relatively minimal reworking on that side of the map.

Great work, cheers bro

Last edited by infectedsloth; January 16th, 2021 at 12:51 PM. Reason: having virtual scape problems
Old January 6th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I REALLY like the aesthetic and balance of Ironworks...I think that will be a tournament staple if people use it enough (looking at you OHS )

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 7th, 2021, 01:52 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
I have Fishbone, Bambo and Ironworks set up, and have played games on all of them. They're all fun maps!

I built a tundra version of Ironworks that I think looks quite spiffy. This weekend I'll convert it to virtual scape and share it with everyone.

As I said earlier, the potential issue I found on Bamboo is that the hive side glyph is 11 spaces for one side and 10 for the other. I couldn't find a obvious fix, but I think it can be done with relatively minimal reworking on that side of the map.

Great work, cheers bro
Thanks for the kind words dude, hope you’ve had good games on them! Like I said I don’t mind the 11/10 difference as I feel the 11 side has an easier time controlling the other glyph. Also in my games there’s been a lot of reluctance to jump on that glyph early, it’s been playing out both sides like to set up slowly on either side of the hive and wait to control/attack that glyph. But I haven’t played with several squads of rats on that one (but they’re 6 move so it doesn’t matter as much; 10/11 split only matters for 5-movers and most of them will lose to rats in glyph grabbing anyway).

How have you liked Fishbone? I’ve been liking it quite a bit in my solo games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I REALLY like the aesthetic and balance of Ironworks...I think that will be a tournament staple if people use it enough (looking at you OHS )
Thanks man! It’s a fun one. Lots of decision making near the glyphs. And I like the look quite a bit too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios