Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 17th, 2018, 03:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Surgecoil Thrall 12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
I love this figure and was going to get it to do something with it, but I decided to defer to you and let you run with it (then I can just buy the figure and use it and don't have to do any of the work ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like where you're at now, but I have to wonder--what exactly is the theme of this figure as it relates to the other undead Thralls?
I agree with caps, I like where you are at with it, but am curious as to your initial design thoughts on where it fits in the faction.

[old-man-back-in-my-day voice] When we first started the Thralls in the C3V we tried to make each one unique in use and theme. I agree with PK that I like a ranged Thrall. The common thread, however, throughout the Thralls is the self-destructive nature of them. Each one had a strength that acted as destructive weakness as well. Now, this is your custom, not a VC unit, so go with what you really like, but it is missing the self-destructive nature of the other Thralls so it doesn't feel quite as Thrall-ish as I think it could. Now, I am so far removed from my time in C3V that there may be a Thrall coming down the pipeline that breaks from this mold so take what I say with a grain of salt. [/old-man-back-in-my-day voice]

Ninja'd
The self-destruct thing is a big deal for Thralls, I agree. All 4 Thralls we have have some power that causes them to die (Blood Hunger, Return to the Grave Special Attack, Engorge, and Pounce). This continues the pattern with Unstable Surge, which is arguably the most likely to cause death of any of those powers (since it triggers every time you take a turn). I think you probably missed the fact that you have to roll to kill your own Surgecoil Thrall every time you take a turn with it.

They also fill a different role than any other Thralls by having the potential to wound multiple figures on their turn. Most other Thralls are anti-hero.

All that to say, I agree with your analysis of what Thralls should be, and I made a conscious effort to fit that mold.

Still not 100% sure that I'm sold on my own theme explanation, but I think I'm like 90% sold. If Nicholas can turn an elf into an undead dog, I'm sure he can make these guys.
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Still not 100% sure that I'm sold on my own theme explanation, but I think I'm like 90% sold. If Nicholas can turn an elf into an undead dog, I'm sure he can make these guys.
Fair enough.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:12 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
The self-destruct thing is a big deal for Thralls, I agree. All 4 Thralls we have have some power that causes them to die (Blood Hunger, Return to the Grave Special Attack, Engorge, and Pounce). This continues the pattern with Unstable Surge, which is arguably the most likely to cause death of any of those powers (since it triggers every time you take a turn). I think you probably missed the fact that you have to roll to kill your own Surgecoil Thrall every time you take a turn with it.
I'm a dink. After reading your reply I went back and re-read the card. Yep, it is in there.

Nothing to see here, move along...

So, I like it
Old December 17th, 2018, 06:25 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

You could easily say it was Esenwein using forbidden science to Frankenstein a corpse back to life with the power of electricity.

Also, it might be cool to have the Surge be able to "leap" to further figures as a semi-ranged ability.
Old December 17th, 2018, 06:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
You could easily say it was Esenwein using forbidden science to Frankenstein a corpse back to life with the power of electricity.
Yeah, that's a good way of expressing what I had in my mind

Quote:
Also, it might be cool to have the Surge be able to "leap" to further figures as a semi-ranged ability.
I'll consider that if I ever feel these guys need a boost. Right now, I'm content for the Darkprowl to be a "ranged" option for the Thralls.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 11:33 PM
This is merely a joke.

A little lasso action for the Lawmen.

Some inspiration from @Astroking112 , especially for the personality.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 11:36 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yessssss. Love this. So simple, so thematic...just awesome.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 22nd, 2019, 11:44 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Levi Wade 3/22

Quote:

A little lasso action for the Lawmen.
That miniature is great cowboy for this lawman. You may need to update your post.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; March 23rd, 2019 at 12:38 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 11:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

Why do I need to update my post?

Thanks for pointing me to this miniature, by the way.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 11:48 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Why do I need to update my post?

Thanks for pointing me to this miniature, by the way.
Just the title which is still covers the Surgecoil Thrall not Levi Wade.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 12:00 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's a rootin' tootin' cowboy right there! I like your reuse of Wrangle from the coatl competition.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 12:16 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Huh. We talked about this in the discord, but I honestly didn’t think it would turn out this good.

I’d still probably rather give him a 2 at range and just assume he has a gun, but the ability set is perfect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards