Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old December 12th, 2017, 08:58 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Deadpool & Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post

My favorite part of making these was the chance to use a photo of the Marvel warehouse and some Heroscape hexes in Deadpool's card as a nod to the idea that Deadpool is fully aware that he's a plastic figure in a miniatures game.
This quote here completes the greatness...hilarious and completely Deadpool.
Thanks! Deadpool's habit of breaking the fourth wall is my favorite element of the character. I'm glad he's taken that role in the comics since She-Hulk hasn't done that sort of thing in a while.
Old February 20th, 2018, 08:53 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 12/10 - Black Panther

Watching the excellent Black Panther movie this weekend reminded me of an old post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Yeah the IC Black Panther mini has a more upright, "Heroscapey" stance, but I prefer the old-school costume for the Black Panther. I've never liked him with a cape. The rule is supposed to be: DC capes, Marvel no capes.
I'm very glad Marvel Studios and I see eye to eye on how T'Challa should look.
Old February 24th, 2018, 09:02 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I like your Deadpool and Cable cards. I had a ? on Cable though. What is the difference between clear sight and line of sight rule wise? I think you have inspired me to redo my Cable card my 1st attempt was a fail.
Old February 24th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Clear sight is any part of the figure and LoS is sight on their target zone.

For some figures it may be the same thing.
Old February 26th, 2018, 11:29 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Super Skrull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I like your Deadpool and Cable cards. I had a ? on Cable though. What is the difference between clear sight and line of sight rule wise? I think you have inspired me to redo my Cable card my 1st attempt was a fail.
Like Tornado said, line of sight refers to seeing the hitzone - the red part of the target mini - and is generally what is used for normal and special ranged attacks. Clear sight refers to any part of the mini, even the gray parts, and is found on powers like Raelin's aura and Sonlen's Dragon Swoop. Cable's power lets him target a mini's weapon or shield, but mainly it's designed to be used against minis with small hitzones, like the Zombies of Morindan, or no hitzones, like C3V's The Varja or my Wasp, Ant-Man or Invisible Woman customs. Speaking of which, I recently finished working on another such custom, a card for Super Skrull:

I don't know if I ever saw your first Cable, Drewman, but I look forward to checking out the new version.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; October 10th, 2021 at 06:27 AM.
Old February 27th, 2018, 10:22 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Nice relatively simple take on a complex character, as per usual!
Old February 27th, 2018, 01:10 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that is really cool.

Totally stealing the 'no hit zone' to represent invisibility.

There is a giant invisible alien in Nemesis that would be perfect for.

No powers, just no hit zone.
Old February 27th, 2018, 08:44 PM

Thanks guys!

My initial drafts for Super Skrull included a fourth power to represent the Thing's strength and toughness, but in the end I decided it would be best to hide those qualities in the stats. I have to admit the idea of four powers on a character who mimics the Fantastic Four was very tempting, though.
Old August 15th, 2021, 06:33 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Grim Reaper

I was recently going through my basement and found my old "To Do List" box of customs miniatures. There weren't too many figures left in there, so I decided to flex some old creative muscles and finish off my list. I started with recurring Avengers villain Grim Reaper:

Scythe Deflection represents the way he spins his scythe to block bullets and other projectiles. Reaper's Touch is meant to be a catch-all for all the various gadgets built into his scythe, or even the more supernatural attacks he eventually gained if a player is so inclined.
Old August 15th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Looks great!

Old August 16th, 2021, 01:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hey, I still have my Walkman--and it still works!
Old August 16th, 2021, 07:16 AM

Nice

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations