Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 23rd, 2015, 09:57 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Advice on custom point costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Very helpful, helps a lot with comparing stats to other characters.
Thanks!

I would point out that similar stats alone are not enough when looking for an official unit to compare one's custom with. Just as important, if not more so, is finding a unit that falls into a similar category. Obviously, heroes get compared to heroes and squads to squads, but beyond that I break Heroscape units down into four broad categories:

• Walking Melee
  • Walking Ranged
  • Flying Melee (or some other similar ability like Leaping, Teleporting, etc...)
  • Flying Ranged

The nice thing about the 10 official Marvelscape units is that they covered the range of (at the time unprecedented) point costs from the mid-200s to the high 300s pretty well, with Iron Man (240), Dr. Doom (245), Abomination (320), Silver Surfer (320), Thanos (360) and Hulk (370). Those units gave us a pretty good idea of what balanced figures in those ranges should look like, but unfortunately none of them are Walking figures, so costing Walking customs in that point range took a lot more effort, at least on my part until I got a good feel for it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations