Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old September 7th, 2016, 11:42 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Personal Challenge: TGRF

And now that the editing is done, I give you:

Warmheart: A Tale of Migol Ironwill and His Nemesis
Spoiler Alert!

Epilogue
Spoiler Alert!

My thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!

And there you have it. Remember to keep the prompts coming. I'm thinking the next one might be NGS/gardening, but I have no other ideas after that.

~TGRF, noting that 4114 might soon postpone all weekly challenges.
Old September 7th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Another good story, TGRF. I thought it was quite enjoyable, especially towards the end.

~TAF, looking forward to see what you can do with NGS/Gardening

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 14th, 2017, 02:12 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So this died off during my inattentiveness I see. From what I can tell NGS/Gardening and Heirloom/Empire were the only two unanswered suggestions. Idk if you want to resurrect this or not.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:37 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
So this died off during my inattentiveness I see. From what I can tell NGS/Gardening and Heirloom/Empire were the only two unanswered suggestions. Idk if you want to resurrect this or not.
Ehh... likely not. I made this because I thought It would allow me to be constantly writing. Instead, it allowed me to be constantly developing. I need to have time to develop my novel, so that won't work.

Venoc Warlord/Rambo was next up if I recall, but I never got that one to come out right. NGS/gardening is there - I know how I would do it - but it's missing the middle and end.

~TGRF.
Old November 28th, 2019, 03:33 PM

I'm going to reboot this challenge, for the simple reason that I need practice. Currently I need practice in creating and writing character arcs, but I imagine that what I need to practice will shift over time as I focus on new things.

For right now though, I wanted to get down to that Venoc/Rambo story. I've done some cursory research on Rambo and I think I have a general idea of what the name implies as a concept. And the concept actually works pretty good when plugged into my character arc process, so I'm using it.

In the meantime, if there are any new requests, feel free to field them. Remember I'm not obligating myself to write them. When last I looked, we had these prompts:
  • Heirloom/Empire
  • Tul-Bak-Ra/Outcast
  • Ne-Gok-Sa/Gardening
I currently have no idea for any of those, but I don't think it would be hard to get some (even for gardening). So if there's one you'd rather I do instead (after Rambo), put in your challenge now.

To reiterate the OP, I want you to challenge me with a character from the HS world (so 'Drake' and 'Jandar' work equally well), and a word which can be literally anything. It's up to me to try and combine them into a story. All requests using the word 'floorwax' will be disregarded.

-------

Writer notes, which mean nothing to anybody else, but which I will include anyway because it make me feel like I'm making progress :
Rambo: 3/6 Bases, 3/12 Beats, 0/3 Stakes, no complications, no twists, no escalation. Medium interest. 1 Deviant.

~TGRF.
Old November 28th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Zombies of Morindan/Buoy
Old November 29th, 2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Zombies of Morindan/Buoy
I know exactly how to do that.

~TGRF, disregarding physics.
Old November 29th, 2019, 08:08 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I just like the word buoy. Buoy. Buoy. So good.
https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/2ba64999-0...d-3d7511915d9d
Old November 29th, 2019, 01:48 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yay so glad this is back!

Just read the Migol store and loved every minute of it! I feel you were being a little hard on yourself with your analysis. I feel you captured the heart of the Night Wind's victims perfectly. I especially liked the one of the warrior who required three assassins to take him down.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 28th, 2019, 05:14 PM

I'm back. I've been studying character arcs and the 3-act-structure, and I wanted something to test them on. I think the short stories this challenge outputs will be great for that.

I wanted to do that Venoc/Rambo story, and it's kind of there, but it has character arc issues. (For writers: the Lie is too close to being believed to allow me to solidly put the story in one of the two character arcs.)

So I went to the Tul-Bak-Ra/Outcast story. I outlined that and actually started to write it, but I quickly realized that it would be a bit longer than I anticipated, and I therefore needed more development to match its size.

I considered the Heirloom/Empire story for a bit, and I'm intrigued by it, but I feel like it too could be longer, and needs a bit more thought before I dive into the outline.

That left the zombie/Buoy story. I knew this story would be about as bare-bones-short as the 3-act-structure allowed, so it was the perfect thing to test with while I whack out how to plug details into outlines. So for that reason, here it is:

Weighing in at just over four pages and 2341 words, I give you:
Zombie of Morindan/Buoy
WARNING: While there is no blood/gore, some of the actions might be somewhat on the violent side of things. Also, this was written very quickly, and might contain typos and such.
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 29th, 2019, 01:55 PM

Bully, bully and buoy, buoy as well.
Great read. Reminds me of a Stephen King short story, The Raft I think it is called.
Well done.
Old February 20th, 2020, 11:01 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I finally got around to reading this as well, and thought it was fun. This sentence here:
Quote:
The water was behind him, lapping against his heels in a cruel imitation of fingers clutching at him.
was particularly excellent.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction