Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM

$$un is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Lightbulb Quicksand Idea

While we all hope and pray for WotC to come out with a quicksand tile, we all are able to use sand tiles as quicksand, I made up my own rules for quicksand and here they are:

Quicksand works as water, when you move onto it you stop. You can't attack while in quicksand. Every turn in quicksand a non flying figure looses one hight, marked by wound markers. (Just move the ones it already has on it to the side.) When a figure's hight reaches 0 it is dead. When you jump from a ledge into quicksand you loose one hight for evrey tile that makes up that ledge. A figure's hight goes back to what it was when and if you make it out of quicksand. Clibing out of quicksand is just like clibing a ledge, you can only climb up your hight and move max. When being attacked in quicksand you don't roll defending dice. (Superflytnt thought of the not rolling defence dice one.)

Well, what do you guys think?

I <3 noobs

Last edited by $$un; August 17th, 2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old August 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Quicksand Idea

I think this belongs in the Customs section... But otherwise it sounds like a fun rule.

One problem would be keeping track of how "deep" a character is each turn. You'd have to use markers, or a die, I guess.

Also, you don't mention specifically, but can a figure climb back out? Or is it like the Pit trap Glyph where you need help to escape?

Old August 17th, 2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I think this belongs in the Customs section... But otherwise it sounds like a fun rule.

One problem would be keeping track of how "deep" a character is each turn. You'd have to use markers, or a die, I guess.

Also, you don't mention specifically, but can a figure climb back out? Or is it like the Pit trap Glyph where you need help to escape?
Oh, you can get out on your own, and I put it here because I didn't make quicksand tiles, I just used the sand tiles.

I <3 noobs
Old August 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I think that would be cumbersome to keep track if 4 or 5 guys ended up in some at different times.

Why not do this - if you land on it you have to stop, and on every turn you roll a 20 sided die - 15 or more and you may do what you wish, but 14 or less and you cannot move or attack, and take 1 damage. Also, since being trapped in quicksand would suck, you may not make any 'leaving engagement attacks' when standing on a quicksand tile, and if you leave an engagement when standing on quicksand your opponent's skulls count as an unblockable hit (hard to defend one's self when buried nuts deep in quicksand and trying not to drown)

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
I think that would be cumbersome to keep track if 4 or 5 guys ended up in some at different times.

Why not do this - if you land on it you have to stop, and on every turn you roll a 20 sided die - 15 or more and you may do what you wish, but 14 or less and you cannot move or attack, and take 1 damage. Also, since being trapped in quicksand would suck, you may not make any 'leaving engagement attacks' when standing on a quicksand tile, and if you leave an engagement when standing on quicksand your opponent's skulls count as an unblockable hit (hard to defend one's self when buried nuts deep in quicksand and trying not to drown)
Yeah but the guy attacking could be blind and just miss. How about you use the wound markers, put the ones currently on it to the side, every wound marker on it is a hight lost. Most people wont make it out anyway, but I like your ldea about the unblockable hits, i'll add that to my rules.

I <3 noobs
Old August 17th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Leo 535 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Cool, i'll be sure to use it next time I play.
Old August 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

What I think is that after every round all figures on a quicksand space roll one attack die. If you get a skull you recieve one wound. If a friendly figure is adjacent to you if you roll a fifteen or higher you can get out and be placed on any space adjacent to the friendly figure but you can take leaving engagement attacks.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion