Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old February 1st, 2021, 08:04 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Uruk-Hai Scouts - Rough Draft

NAME = Uruk-hai Scouts

GENERAL = UTGAR
SPECIES = URUK-HAI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD (4 figures)
CLASS = SCOUT
PERSONALITY = MERCILESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 100

URUKS OF THE WHITE HAND
When an Uruk-hai Scout rolls an attack against a human figure add 1 additional attack die.

TRACKING
While moving, the Uruk-Hai Scouts may add 2 to their Move number. If they do, the Uruk-Hai Scouts cannot attack this turn.

URUK SCURRY
When an Uruk-hai Scout you control is destroyed by a normal attack from an opponent's figure, you may move all remaining Uruk-hai Scouts you control up to 4 spaces each, and all Uruk-hai Scouts you control no longer have any visible Hit Zones for the duration of the attacking figure's turn while they remain unengaged. Uruk-hai Scouts will never take any leaving engagement attacks when using Scurry.
Old February 1st, 2021, 08:04 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Uruk-Hai Scouts - Rough Draft

[Reserved]
Old February 1st, 2021, 08:07 PM

I basically just copied this from the fellowship thread it was previous in, but I quite like the design as-is.

I really like the notion of a unique squad having a scurry/scatter power. This squad I feel starts quite powerful, but that goes down quickly given their unique status.

I also like the focus on fast movement as it is quite the thematic fit of this squad of uruks.
Old February 1st, 2021, 09:13 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Honestly, it's a good unit. There is a ton of versatility and power rolled into this squad but it is warranted for being a unique unless we dont want them to see play.

Huge potential for movement, board presence but they can live a bit longer than a standard melee squad with their defensive ability.
Old February 2nd, 2021, 02:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm going to post my thoughts on these guys.
First, the physical stats. Everything looks pretty decent except their defense is quite low for what they are, I do realize it may be that low because of trying to combine it with the third power. It should come up to at least 3. Uruks are bigger and badder than regular orcs which is what I would say grut orcs would be, and at least have similar stats to Heavy Gruts. The price tag of 100 pts is a little high for what they do.

Uruks of the White Hand ability is exactly what I would give an Uruk. The cards in my personal collection that I was making had a power that did exactly what you have here. The only difference was I called it Hatred of Men.

Tracking: I would seriously just borrow the ability from the Blue Samurai and allow them to charge in and attack if they can reach their target. They are already a Unique squad that will be subject to failing more and more as their numbers dwindle.

Uruks are brutish larger orcs that are very aggressive. I see what you are trying to do with the Uruk Scurry power, but it seems thematically off to me. Scurrying and running away/around is something that a goblin would do, not a big orc. As far as stats go, these guys shouldn't be any different than that of a common Uruk Hai squad. Unless they won't be wearing nearly as much armor, etc.

Overall. I would go the route of making these guys a cheaper option, rather than trying to prolong their lives with the third power. Really these orcs aren't any more special than the regular ranks of Uruk Hai. I don't see the reason in making them Unique either, but that is just me. Having a big orc lose its hit zone cause the guy next to them died doesn't make sense for the unit. Uruks aren't sneaky. When they do get caught by Eomer and the riders of rohan, they don't do any shennanigans like this. They straight up get slaughtered.

If you want to make a more mobile version of Uruks, I would just make them available as a more mobile unit, that is common, and has a little less defense than their armored counterparts.

Keep in mind. I'm testing the waters here. In group projects, there is a discussion, a give and take. A not all my or your way approach. That is what makes these different than a personal customs thread. The big parts of making these established characters is Theme: Does it fit how the characters are, balance: Are the point costs within a reasonable area to reflect what they can achieve. Fun: Are they fun for the parties using them or getting used against them. If there is an overwhelming consensus that none of my points are valid, I'll let myself out. A big part of custom creation for me when designing characters from pre established worlds is getting the theme to reflect the character.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs