Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 15th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Badgermaniac's Custom Mods/Repaints (Master Man-new/improved

Warrior Woman

This Invaders villain was a very simple mod of a Horrorclix figure. It simply required a few snips and changing the corpse under her foot to a rock.

Spoiler Alert!

And the corresponding card:

Spoiler Alert!

Agent Axis

Another Invaders villain. This was a simple repaint of a Question Heroclix figure (minus the stone pillar).

Spoiler Alert!

And the card...

Spoiler Alert!

Master Man

New and improved. After my first epic fail, someone suggested an alternate figure and it worked wonders. I am happy with the new and improved version. He is a very simple repaint of the Earth Man HC.

Spoiler Alert!

Card...

Spoiler Alert!

Goliath

I have had a couple Pym as Yellowjacket Heroclix figures sitting around forever, so I finally decided to take the plunge and convert one to Pym in his Goliath attire. I used a dremel to shave away his wingy things on his shoulders. The rest was a basic repaint. On the actual costume, he has some extra zig zaggy things where his boots and gloves meet the rest of his suit, but they didn't look right with the the style of gloves/boots on the figure, so I went with what looked better. There is a light wash on him that I actually was not all that happy with. Normally, drybrushing and washing adds a lot, but I didn't think the added grittiness fit the paint job and in fact, it may have highlighted some of the leftover dremel marks. Still, it will serve its purpose.

There is also a custom stone terrain piece that I made from an old lego-type block I found (dremeled off the connecting dibs on the top).

Spoiler Alert!

And his corresponding custom card...

Spoiler Alert!

Hulk and Maestro

These are just Handful of Heroes paint jobs. The bad part about these is that I think the scale is really really off. The Hulk figure in particular is WAY too small. He is maybe half the size of the official Hulk figure. It was a quick fun paintjob, but I can't ever see myself using him. On the other hand, the Thor figure (which I will post soon) is really too big. As with all my pics, I apologize for the quality. They were just quick shots taken on the table with my cell phone.

Spoiler Alert!

Thor

Another Handful of Heroes paint job. I really liked the post and wanted to use it to replace my Clix version, but man, he is BIG. He does fit in well with the Dum Dum Dugan figure though.

Spoiler Alert!

Alkhema

I am very happy with how Alkhema (Avengers villain) custom turned out. She is simply a Jocasta body with a Mockingbird head (Alkhema was based on the brainwaves of Mockingbird) and then a simple paint job.

Spoiler Alert!

And the corresponding card:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by badgermaniac; August 21st, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom Terrain/Game Mechanic-Containment Pod

Very cool idea!

This would also help in a Marvel/Regular HS mixed game, giving a couple rounds of henchmen battle before the high-powered hero gets into the fray.

+rep

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

That is way freaking awesome. Best non-fantasy-ish custom terrain/object I've seen. Great idea.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Pretty cool idea, Badger and great looking terrain piece!
Maybe for simplicity sake subtract half the cost of the unit in the Pod when drafting armies?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That might be a good idea, as obviously putting Thor out of action is very different than putting Wasp out of action.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

That is awesome, Badger. Where did you get it?
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Exactly! And how cool would it be to get to draft Superman for 200 points and then spring him on the bad guys at the mid point of the game. Of course, you also have a 5% chance of killing him if you attack the pod, so you'd better bring in an agent or a scientist to help him out ... Sounds like a lot of fun.
Any instructions on how you built that thing you wanna share?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 15th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Theme Nerd

My wife was throwing out the clear containers. I think they were spice containers. I always grab interesting pieces of junk and throw them in a box for use in custom projects.

1. Paint the bottoms (I made 4 of them) black.

2. The control panel is just a piece of foamcore that was painted and hot glued to the side of the container.

3. The power cord is just one of those standard twist ties that come with just about every kid's toy, used to tied the toy to the card back.

4. I stuck it into the control panel and then hot glued it into place. Then, I drilled a hole into the top of the container and hot glued the other end of the power cord to the top so that when I remove the top, it stays attached to power cord.

5. The support thing on the side is a little trinket that was on a toy drum that my kids had that was falling apart. Rather than throw it out, I pulled off about 8 of those pieces. Obviously, it is just glued to the side.

Voila. Very, very easy. It took me about 30 minutes to make a set of four.

I was inspired by the Avengers issue where they were captured by The Collector and put into these clear cylinder pod thingies.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:03 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's awesome! All your mechnaics to give the bad guy the edge are always so interesting.

Old June 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Theme Nerd

Thanks, though just to clarify, I don't want to give them the "edge", I want to give them a chance to be able to have an even matchup with a team of 5 or 6 heroes.

I am getting to the point where I think I can take one of my epic villains (say Nefaria), put a couple heroes in containment pods, give the villain a few henchmen, and draft a limiting effect card (say, Surprise Attack or Hero Alruism or Gyrich) which limits the heroes and have that villain take on a team of X-Men or Avengers in a great epic battle.
Old August 4th, 2009, 03:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Very cool idea for a custom! Looks playable and fun.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

That is very cool. I'll have to see if I can find anything that will work for one of these.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations