Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 1st, 2009, 08:03 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Rulebooks and FAQ - PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevdarg View Post
I've got a rules question that maybe someone can answer. Is Krug's Wounded Smash considered a special attack or a modifier to his normal attack?

The joy of winning a long-fought campaign rests on your answer...
fixed

Does the trainer of you give you the joy of a long campaign,
Or the feeling you cheated?

Last edited by yamissflash; December 1st, 2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: clarification
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:12 PM

gevdarg Woo who?

Maybe I'm missing something because you're making no sense. All I'm asking is whether or not Krug's Wounded Smash is regarded as a special attack or a normal attack? We need to know so we can determine whether or not Counter Strike comes into a play if he attacks a hero or squad who has the ability. Anyone else?
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something because you're making no sense. All I'm asking is whether or not Krug's Wounded Smash is regarded as a special attack or a normal attack? We need to know so we can determine whether or not Counter Strike comes into a play if he attacks a hero or squad who has the ability. Anyone else?
And I answered you quite clearly. No it is not. If it were it would be called "Wounded Smash Special Attack". Further more, it would have a specified Range and Attack value.

Examples:
Krug, Wounded Smash and Double Attack-Not Special Attacks

Mimring, Fire Line Special Attack-A Special Attack

Notice how it has a Range and Attack value that are independent of Mimring's normal attack. Also, how the words Special Attack are part of the tittle. Those things are the defining characteristics of a special attack. If a power doesn't have those characteristics, it is not a special attack.

Last edited by Cavalier; December 1st, 2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:30 PM

gevdarg Woo who?

Cavalier, sorry if I offended you, but I was responding to yamissflash's reply and not yours. That was the first one I saw when I checked for a reponse.

Thank you for your replies. This will go into the FAQ section of my rulebook, and ny wife will not be happy about this one.

Thanks again for the clarifications. Very helpful.
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:31 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Cavalier, sorry if I offended you, but I was responding to yamissflash's reply and not yours. That was the first one I saw when I checked for a reponse.

Thank you for your replies. This will go into the FAQ section of my rulebook, and ny wife will not be happy about this one.

Thanks again for the clarifications. Very helpful.
No worries, it's all good. And I agree that yamissflash's post made no sense.
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:38 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey netherspirit!

If you are still around, could you update the FAQ link on the OP of this thread to link to the latest FAQ (9.4)? You are still linked to an old version (8.3).

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old December 27th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Any chance of the new D&D Master Set rules being scanned in soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 27th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Any chance of the new D&D Master Set rules being scanned in soon?
Probably we'll have to wait until the 4th.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:40 PM

Maxaman24 Woo who?

Okay. My computer won't download anything, so I need to ask a question.

Me and my brother have a big disagreement. I am sure I am right. Every time we play we get into a fight about it and he ends up quitting. It doesn't say anything about it in Ticalla Juncle Rulebook and we lost our Swarm Of The Marro and Rise Of The Valkyrie Rulebook. *Ooops* Anyway, Here's the question.

If a Marden Nagrub is in the water, and another Marden Nagrub is on land right next to it, The Marden Nagrub on land DOES NOT HAVE HIGHT, Right? You know that land is a little higher than water, but not high enough to be counted as hight advantadge.

PLEASE PLEASE answer this question. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Maxaman24; January 2nd, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Water tiles never count towards height. So if you have the table, and put a land tile and water tile on the table, the land tile has a height of 1 and the water tile has a height of zero. So, if I understand right, the Marden Nagrub has height advantage.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Crusher is right, in this example the grub on land has height.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM

Maxaman24 Woo who?

Oh. Dangit. Now my brother thinks hes the heroscape master or something. Thanks Anyway!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's