Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 30th, 2019, 09:27 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The thought of dealing with yet another Green Wyrmling makes me throw up a little.
I knew you would say this
While I remember the mini being part of the problem, I thought the big problem was the whole fledgling counterstrike being op/too weak and their being no middle ground between the two with number of dice?

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old September 30th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Shhh. You’re going to make him upset.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 30th, 2019, 09:32 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Another large part of the problem is that the ODs tied the D&D Wyrmlings to Icarian dragons despite the fact that they're from different homeworlds. For the 3 they chose, the breath weapons in D&D match the Icarian ones of the same color. We designed Quahon to match the blue one as well. Green doesn't really fit, though, since a D&D Green Dragon has a breath weapon and Charos has none.
Old September 30th, 2019, 09:39 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Shhh. You’re going to make him upset.
Shhh...you'll blow my plan. And yeah that too, I've done D&D, forgot that complaint too was going around.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The painted part is the biggest problem. Best bet would be as an alternate for a sculpt with insufficient availability, as we did with the Wildwood Runner.

I also haven't had a great love for 3D-printed figures in general. Professional printers using high-quality plastic do a good job, but outside of that they lack decent detail.

The thought of dealing with yet another Green Wyrmling makes me throw up a little.
I could work with it being an alternate for the Green, and maybe the Bronze. (Mimring would be bronze right? or would it be gold?) The Brimstone themed one though, I have not found a wyrmling/baby dragon mini that fits his look.

I used to think exactly the same thing. I do not like 3D printed minis, mostly because the layer lines ruin all the detail. Recently though, I've found that the newer resin printers, with the right settings, don't have layer lines. I've been looking into it for the past month. see the spoiler for a video where a guy paints some up, and you can't tell they were 3D printed when he's done.
Spoiler Alert!

I'm sorry, but you might have to throw up a little, because that was exactly my plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
While I remember the mini being part of the problem, I thought the big problem was the whole fledgling counterstrike being op/too weak and their being no middle ground between the two with number of dice?
I looked through the discussion that I was able to see, and it looked like dealing more than 1 wound was considered too powerful, and then no one seemed to be working on them after that. If there's more to it that I just didn't find, I'd appreciate it if someone could link me.
Quote:
Another large part of the problem is that the ODs tied the D&D Wyrmlings to Icarian dragons despite the fact that they're from different homeworlds. For the 3 they chose, the breath weapons in D&D match the Icarian ones of the same color. We designed Quahon to match the blue one as well. Green doesn't really fit, though, since a D&D Green Dragon has a breath weapon and Charos has none.
Would it not be acceptable to follow the precedent set by the original designers, and just make a baby Charos? (Would have been neat if Charos had a special like all the other dragons. She kind of stands out in that way.)
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Would it not be acceptable to follow the precedent set by the original designers, and just make a baby Charos? (Would have been neat if Charos had a special like all the other dragons. She kind of stands out in that way.)
That's the thing: there's a double precedent. Wyrmlings in Heroscape have a Fledgling version of the Icarian dragon's breath weapon, AND they match the breath weapon of that color D&D dragon (since they are D&D dragons). Green Wyrmlings can't really follow both precedents.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:14 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Were it me I'd err on the side of ICarian dragons.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It is absolutely not allowed to have a dragon from any other worlds? Does this restriction apply to any other race?
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

To me, I can't think of a combination of powers and homeworld for a Green Wyrmling that follows established precedent.

Dragons can come from a bunch of planets, sure. But a Green Wyrmling from Toril would have to have poisonous gas breath.

If there's a specific design in question I'd love to discuss that in the Pre-SoV Workshop.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:32 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Could a wyrmling be from Icaria, or would it have to be from Toril? The solution I would use is just to have the green wyrmling be Icarian.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:40 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I wasn't aware that the Wyrmlings were from Toril. That's weird.

Personally, I'm not opposed to a Green Wyrmling from Icaria, and I'd prefer that to the alternative of not matching the "baby dragons" template.

As to the prospect of 3D printing miniatures in general, I'd prefer for a prepainted model to accompany such a submission, even if it is rarer. 3D printing is a valuable way of filling gaps, but I imagine that there are many fans who don't have access to one. I think that it's important to have some kind of an option for them, be that someone painting and selling them online or a slightly harder to find miniature.
Old September 30th, 2019, 11:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Can a dragon be from a world other than Icaria or Toril?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs