Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 20th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Arkham's Design Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Something viney...

For the record I like them with 0 for stats. Thematically it makes sense for them to be useless once Ivy/FM goes down. After that they are just plants. Still serve a purpose of being Jungle pieces and giving the defensive bonus to ranged attacks they just can't attack.
I don't think they would grant the jungle piece defense bonus, as written.

I guess my complaint here is that the 0/0/0 statline makes them feel less like shambling plant zombies (which is more or less what I've been envisioning here, but maybe that's just me) and more like regular trees, that somehow teleport.

Doesn't seem like much of a thematic stretch for them to stick around briefly after their puppet-master goes down.

Quote:
Also I'm not sure what different name you are looking for in an animated plant. Technically they are just plants but Ivy "brings them to life" though they aren't really alive...no feelings or thoughts just more like Ivy using Plant Telekinesis using the plants as her medium.
I just mean that the name could use a little more flavor, for two reasons:
1) There are a few references to Plant Animation (the special power) and mixed references to that and the Plant Animation (the actual animation) reads weirdly to me. Not like the meaning is unclear, but it just sounds a little off.
2) It feels more scapey to me for the name to be more distinctive. Heroscape didn't give us Ninjas, it gave us Ninjas of the Northern Wind. C3G doesn't have Police Officers, it has 5th Precinct Beat Cops.

It's just a little touch that would give the design a little more flavor, I think. If we ever wanted to come back and do similar units for different kinds of plants or what have you, it would help to have these guys be more distinctively named as well.

Honestly, I'd suggest leaving it as-is for now and then 'tuning' the name a bit depending on what mini we end up using.
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Something viney...

For the record I like them with 0 for stats. Thematically it makes sense for them to be useless once Ivy/FM goes down. After that they are just plants. Still serve a purpose of being Jungle pieces and giving the defensive bonus to ranged attacks they just can't attack.
I don't think they would grant the jungle piece defense bonus, as written.

I guess my complaint here is that the 0/0/0 statline makes them feel less like shambling plant zombies (which is more or less what I've been envisioning here, but maybe that's just me) and more like regular trees, that somehow teleport.

Doesn't seem like much of a thematic stretch for them to stick around briefly after their puppet-master goes down.

Quote:
Also I'm not sure what different name you are looking for in an animated plant. Technically they are just plants but Ivy "brings them to life" though they aren't really alive...no feelings or thoughts just more like Ivy using Plant Telekinesis using the plants as her medium.
I just mean that the name could use a little more flavor, for two reasons:
1) There are a few references to Plant Animation (the special power) and mixed references to that and the Plant Animation (the actual animation) reads weirdly to me. Not like the meaning is unclear, but it just sounds a little off.
2) It feels more scapey to me for the name to be more distinctive. Heroscape didn't give us Ninjas, it gave us Ninjas of the Northern Wind. C3G doesn't have Police Officers, it has 5th Precinct Beat Cops.

It's just a little touch that would give the design a little more flavor, I think. If we ever wanted to come back and do similar units for different kinds of plants or what have you, it would help to have these guys be more distinctively named as well.

Honestly, I'd suggest leaving it as-is for now and then 'tuning' the name a bit depending on what mini we end up using.
for your first point...

Quote:
Plant Animations are considered to be Jungle Pieces for the purposes of all special powers.
I wasn't exactly sure how this was interpreted but you are probably right.

For the next...plant zombies...I guess Arkham can clarify but I know you and I had complete different idea's of what they were. If plant zombies are what he was envisioning then your concerns are warranted. I was envisioning them as I mentioned earlier where she just makes the flora in the area bend to her will and do her bidding...grass reaches up and grabs you or plants attack with thorny tentacled vines...that sort of thing.

On your last point, I see what you mean and I stand corrected. A more glamorous name could be needed (especially if it's the plant zombie version)

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The mini I've always had in mind for my vague "Poison Ivy pet" design is the Greenvise Vine from D&D Minis:

It's a big expensive and a bit rare but it feels very "Batman the Animated Series" to me. That being said, it feels a bit more on the Unique side and would feel odd as a squad.

I think our best bet is the Plant Vine from Dungeon Crawler Minis:

Is it simple? Plain? A bit dumb looking? Sure. But they're simple and flexible and look like the sort of things that Ivy would be commanding.
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If it's a big vine like that, I'm cool with the 0/0/0 statline.
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
The mini I've always had in mind for my vague "Poison Ivy pet" design is the Greenvise Vine from D&D Minis:

It's a big expensive and a bit rare but it feels very "Batman the Animated Series" to me. That being said, it feels a bit more on the Unique side and would feel odd as a squad.

Is it simple? Plain? A bit dumb looking? Sure. But they're simple and flexible and look like the sort of things that Ivy would be commanding.
There was a Horroclix figure that looked a lot like your first suggestion. I don't recall what it was called right now but I did pick one up a long time ago if we need pics. Since the Horroclix line ended several years ago I'm not sure there are enough around for purchase to support a new C3G squad though. I always thought it looked more like a uncommon hero type of figure for Ivy to control/create myself.
Old December 20th, 2016, 10:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

They do look very B:TAS but the vines do look more like what I was imagining. as far as price and availability there doesn't seem to be a big difference. One I found for about 4.5 the other 3.5. If it's the viney type should be an easy custom for a proxy.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 21st, 2016, 09:45 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yeah, I was imagining closer to the second mini, hence why I suggested the 0/0/0 stats.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old December 23rd, 2016, 01:33 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Updated the wording of Zatanna's design and spells.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 02:10 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Animated Vines

Quote:
NAME = ANIMATED VINES

SPECIES = PLANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD (3)
CLASS = PLANT
PERSONALITY =

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 0
ATTACK = 0
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 75

ROOTED
Animated Vines are considered to be Jungle Pieces, and may never move.

CHLOROKINESIS
Before taking a turn with a figure you control that has the Plant Animation special power, you may place up to 3 Animated Vines on empty spaces within 3 spaces of their current positions.

PLANT REGROWTH
At the end of each round you may roll the 20-sided die once for each destroyed Animated Vine on this card. If you roll a 15 or higher, place one of your previously destroyed Animated Vines adjacent to a figure you control with the Plant Animation special power if possible.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Arkham; January 16th, 2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I've wanted to see Plan Animations for a while, so I'm excited! I like that write-up.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The figures match the art pretty much perfectly.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:37 PM

Although Ivy I has Entangling Vines, which work a bit differently than what I'm about to propose, do you think perhaps we should add a part to Rooted to make it so they can potentially lockdown an enemy figure if they try to leave engagement?

Quote:
ROOTED
Plant Animations may never move. If a Plant Animation rolls a blank against a figure leaving an engagement with it, that figure may not leave the engagement with that Plant Animation this turn.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy