Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:14 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
WotC Patent on CSGs...

Just announced:

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Press/?doc=20070522

Wonder how this will affect other CSG lines?

Newb.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:19 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No more Pirates? The death of Wizkids?

EDIT - Here is a picture of the Transformers game mentioned in that press release

Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
No more Pirates? The death of Wizkids?

EDIT - Here is a picture of the Transformers game mentioned in that press release

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:33 AM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My guess is the patent deals with "transforming" CSGs since it deals with game units taking on different shapes throughout the game. I'm just curious if and how WK will respond after their lawyers get a chance to read the official patent.

Newb.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here is the abstract of the Patent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patent 7,201,374
Method and article of manufacture for collectible game

Abstract

A game, toy or article of manufacture includes a set of rules and at least one model. The model has multiple movable parts, where under the rules of play, the model begins in an assembled configuration. As the model loses points under the rules of play, at least some of the parts are removed from the model, or replaced with substitute parts. The model may be formed from a panel or other substantially planar member, with the individual pieces formed therein. Methods of game play, computer-implemented games, and other aspects of the invention are described herein. Many other options are possible, as described above.
That red part seems to contain things that Pirates does, removing the masts from damaged ships...

Here is the link to the Patent if anyone is interested...I tiny'ed it because it was really long.
http://tinyurl.com/2ns5tb
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
My thoughts exactly, the Robot form looks absolutely horrible.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
My thoughts exactly, the Robot form looks absolutely horrible.
I agree. The vehicle form doesn't look too bad (wonder if they scale with Racer Knights?) but the Robot form looks lame.

Newb.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I don't know whether I'm more sick to death of patent law in general or Wizards of the Coast for all of their absurd BS patents.
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:16 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, the Transformers game is gonna bomb in a bad way. WotC seems to have lost it of late.

This could also affect the Star Wars CSG that WK has planned.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, this is pretty absurd. Neither WizKids nor Wizards could possibly claim to have invented the CSG. Anyone remember about five years ago when you could get these little packs that would have motorcycles, or dinosaurs, or superheroes in them? And they were all credit card plastic, all punched, and you put them together, just like Pirates of the Somedamthing? They even had a game, but not until they had been out a while.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:08 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Yeah, this is pretty absurd. Neither WizKids nor Wizards could possibly claim to have invented the CSG. Anyone remember about five years ago when you could get these little packs that would have motorcycles, or dinosaurs, or superheroes in them? And they were all credit card plastic, all punched, and you put them together, just like Pirates of the Somedamthing? They even had a game, but not until they had been out a while.
I remember those. Really, though, will this affect anyone? I wasn't aware anyone actually played those dumb things.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think there are still people playing Pirates. And WizKids has made several of these build-a-game-from-credit-cards games. But seriously, I think they're probably just getting a patent on transforming games. No way the patent office would award a patent to someone when it could so clearly be overturned. I mean, it would be easy. WizKids could destroy that patent in a week, and if they could (and there was a reason) you can bet they would.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games