Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 17th, 2010, 06:36 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Seattle, WA - NHSD

** THIS IS the (old) 2010 THREAD **

The Greater-Seattle area will hold our National Heroscape Day event on Saturday, October 16th, at:

Third Place Commons meeting room
Lake Forest Park Towne Centre
17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park, WA 98155

Directions
Reserved Time: 1pm to 10pm

Please RSVP.

Hey Gang,
We are about TWO weeks away from National Heroscape Day on October 16th!!!

I've been a little busy lately, but I promise that we'll have a grand event for Seattle's 'Scape Day. I have some personal prize support that I am donating, and I am trying to track down more.

The event will be held at Third Place Commons in Lake Forest Park. We'll start set-up at 1:00pm, and start matches by 2:00pm PST. The Event will run until 10:00pm PST.

National Heroscape Day in Seattle

NHSD Schedule
There will be two events for Seattle’s National Heroscape Day 2010. Both events will be tournament-style play, where participants will play a 500-point army in three matches. The first event will run from 2:00 – 5:00pm PST and the second event will run from 6:00 – 9:00pm PST. Since the events are separate, players may switch armies between events. Prizes will be award for the first event at 5:15pm, and prizes for the second event at 9:15pm. An official tournament Grand Champion will be crowed at 9:30pm.

Set-up (map building) begins at 1:00pm, and tear-down at 9:00pm. Help with set up and tear down is much appreciated.

ENTRY FEE & PRIZE SUPPORT

There will be no required entry fee for the event. Show up, play and have a great time.

Any player can bring one Wave Pack or some Heroscape product to contribute to a Pool of Prize Support. Players that contribute to our Prize Support will get a choice of Product from the Pool, with first choice going to the top player in each event.

As tournament Organizer, I will be supplying the following Prize Support (all New in Box):

Volcarren Wastelands (Top Prize for 1st Event)
Road to the Forgotten Forest (Top Prize for 2nd Event)
Two Wave Packs (one for 2nd Place for each Event)

Donations: Wizards of the Coast could not provide prize support for us this year, so prizes are provided by the organizer and other sponsors. Any donations of cash or extra Heroscape product as prize support, would be appreciated.

EVENT FORMAT

Each player should bring at least one 500-point Army for NHSD. Since there are two events, players may bring two Armies, and play one in the first time-slot and the other Army in the evening time-slot. Events follow the standard Master Game Rules for Heroscape, with the following notations:

24-Hex Start Zone
No Marvel figures

House Rule – Gifts of the Arch-Kyrie
To encourage players to field a more diverse array of figures, the following Unique Heroes will be given one Treasure Glyph at the start of each match. The Treasure Glyph will be chosen at random and is placed face up on the Army Card before initiative is rolled on the first round. If a player has more than one of these Heroes in their army, one at a time they will name a Hero and draw a Treasure at random for that Hero. Once the match begins, these Treasure Glyphs follow all standard rules. A different Treasure Glyph is drawn at the start of each match.

Acolarh
Agent Carr
Brandis Skyhunter
Deadeye Dan
Deathwalker 7000
Deathwalker 8000
Deathwalker 9000
Dund
Empress Kiova
Erevan Sunshadow
Greater Ice Elemental
Gurei-Oni
Hatamoto Taro
Iskra Esenwein
Jotun
Kee-Mo-Shi
Khosumet the Darklord
Kumiko
Major X17
Master Win Chiu Woo
Moriko
Morsbane
Parmenio
Pelloth
Runa
Saylind the Kyrie Warrior
Sharwin Wildborn
Shiori
Sir Dupuis
Sudema
Sujoah
Tornak
Tul-Bak-Ra
Valguard
Warden 816

Note: If the Treasure Glyph duplicates a power already possessed by the Hero, a new Glyph may be drawn (ex. Shiori draws the Disengage treasure).

PERMANENT TREASURES ~

Heroic Rune:
This figure adds 1 additional attack die when making a normal attack.

Talisman of Defense:
This figure adds 1 additional defense die when defending.

Holy Symbol of Pelor (Attack +2 vs. Undead)
This figure adds 2 additional attack dice when attacking an undead figure with a normal attack.

Brooch of Shielding
This figure is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

TEMPORARY TREASURES (One-Use) ~
Potion of Healing:
This figure may drink this potion after revealing an order marker on its Army Card. Remove up to 3 wound markers from that figure’s Army Card.

Elixir of Speed (Move +4)
This figure may drink this elixir before moving. This figure adds 4 to its Move value this turn.

Ring of Protection (Defense +3)
This figure may use this ring after an opponent has rolled attack dice for a normal or special attack against it, and before rolling defense dice. When rolling defense dice against that attack, this figure adds 3 additional dice.

Whetstone of Venom (Poison)
This figure may use this whetstone before rolling attack dice for a normal attack against an adjacent figure. If that attack inflicts at least 1 wound, you may add 2 additional wound markers to the defending figure's army card.

Bracers of Teleportation
This figure may use these bracers before moving. Instead of moving normally, you may place this figure on any same-level space(s) within 10 spaces of its current location. If this figure is engaged when it starts to teleport, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Cloak of Invisibility
This figure may use this cloak at any point during its turn. This figure has no visible Hit Zones until the end of the current round or until it attacks with a normal or special attack, whichever comes first. This figure will never take any leaving engagement attacks while invisible.

Belt of Giant Strength
This figure may use this belt before rolling attack dice for a normal attack against an adjacent figure. This figure adds 2 additional dice when attacking with a normal attack this turn.

SPECIAL TREASURE ~
Mysterious Item (Yellow, Marvel Glyph)
When this treasure is revealed, the player choses one of the Permanent or Temporary treasure glyphs from the list above. This Mysterious Item duplicates that treasure exactly. A Hero may not possess the Mysterious Item treasure at the same time as the treasure it is duplicating.

MATCH ASSIGNMENTS

At the start of the first event, Players will be randomly assigned to one of two teams – Red and Gold. Players that are related or that arrived together may request that they be assigned to the same team, so that they do not have to compete against each other. After teams are formed, players will be randomly assigned to a map for their first match. For the second match, Red team players will move to the table to their right, and Gold team players will move to the table to their left. The third match follows the same rotation. The Top finisher from each team will be awarded a Prize.

Each match will be 50-minutes in length. A match cannot begin until all figures and order markers are placed on the battlefield. If there is a Rules question requiring a neutral party that cannot be resolved in 2-minutes, that match may be granted additional time by the Judge.

When time is called, if a player is in the middle of a turn the match ends when they complete actions with that order marker. When time is called, if figures are on a Lava Field, and it is the last round, roll possible damage following standard rules.

At the start of the second event, players with the highest ranking from the first event will be assigned to compete against each other in the first match. Player will then rotate as before (Red to the right, Gold to the left).

SCORING

At the end of each match, players will determine their score.
1.) Each player counts the point value of figures on the board under their control from their initial army. [Points Remaining]
2.) Each player counts the point value of figures not on the board and those which they lost permanent control of (ie, Mind Shackled) from their initial army. [Points Lost]

We are using Fractional Scoring, which using the following method:

Heroes – divide the Hero’s Life by their point value to determine ‘points destroyed’ if they are still alive at the end of the match. (ex. Kaemon Awa is worth 120 points and starts with 4 life, but ends the game with only 1 life remaining, so the opponent destroyed 90 points).
Squads – divide the Squad’s points by the number of members of the squad if some squad members are still alive at the end of the watch. (ex. Marro Stingers are a three-person squad worth 60-points. If two members of the squad are killed, the opponent destroyed 40-points).

3.) Players will record their Points Remaining and Points Lost on the Tournament form provided.

SCORING

A player is awarded a Victory (or Full Win) if they have destroyed all of their opponent’s figures.

For matches that go to time --> compare the Points Remaining for each army -

A player is award a Win if they have 100+ Points Remaining greaterthan their opponent.
(ex. Red player has two full squads of Aubrien Archers remaining (140 pts) while their opponent only has one squad of Deathreavers (40). The Red player is awarded a Win, and their opponent is awarded a Defeat.

Each player is awarded a Tie (Draw) if the match went to time and the difference in Points Remaining between the two armies is less than 100.
(ex. Gold player has 80 points of Nakita agents, and 90 points of Gorillinators remaining (170 pts) and the Red Player has Iskra and Sonya at full health (95 pts) = 75 pt difference. Both players are awarded a Draw).

A player is awarded a Loss (Full Loss) if all of their figures were destroyed(meaning they have no Points Remaining).

Players will be ranked in order by number of:
Victory (Full Win)
Win
Tie
Defeat
Loss (Full Loss)

Points Remaining minus Points Lost will be used as tie breakers, when needed. If there is still a tie for first, Strength of Schedule will be a tie-breaker.

SPORTSMANSHIP

Players will exercise good sportsmanship throughout the event. Our host’s from Third Place Commons remind us that we are in a family-friendly environment, so please be mind of your language. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to ask any disruptive player to leave the event.

That's all for now. Mark your calendars and spread the word to your fellow 'Scapers.

Peace,
*Kai

RSVPed Attendee list:

1. obfuscatedhippo (Kai)
2. Nomad
3. Son of Nomad : )
4. odbo255
5. agent_dex
6. felnar
7. r_murkee
8. knuth sluth
9. flavius maximus
10. + possible guest
11. + possible guest
12. + possible guest
13. passive assassin
14. +1 guest
15. crazycory
16. jahosaphat (evening session)
17. cornpuff
18. + 1 guest
19. bunjee
20. joe5joe7
21. Stephen (beginner)
22. Abe (beginner)
23. odbo255 guest # 1
24. odbo255 guest # 2

Tentative:
1. jandarsunstar (+ 1 possible guest)

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; October 9th, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Seattle, WA - NHSD

Nomad and Son of Nomad are in.

I can help with planning for the event and bringing maps.
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:27 PM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

I'll be there!

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:48 AM

Knuth Sleuth is surprisingly tart

Thanks for the fun introduction yesterday.
I'm planning on attending.
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:25 PM

felnar is surprisingly tart

I'll be there
and I can help plan on the 2nd
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:26 PM

AgentDex Woo who?

I'll be there!

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:22 AM

Flavius Maximus is surprisingly tart

I'll try my best, if classes allow. If I do come, I will most likely have two others with me. Thanks for taking this on!

AF

Edit: Make that three tag-alongs.

Last edited by Flavius Maximus; September 23rd, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old September 30th, 2010, 07:51 PM

PassiveAssassin has disabled reputation

I'm in!

Darren
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:28 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Added more details and special rules about the Event.

Thanks! *Kai
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:12 AM

Craziecory is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I should be there
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:04 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK, I'll bite - hook, line and sinker.

Great idea on the treasure glyphs for our under performing heroes, ob-hippo.

I've got a few funky armies in mind that have never seen a tournament in their collective lives, ever.
Old October 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hey all, I'm in town for this event, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to play. I'm working to get my house ready to go on the market, I'll have to see how things go.

I'll post later this week when I have a better idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day