Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old January 31st, 2008, 12:04 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Superhero Maps and Scenarios (DC/Marvel and beyond)

OK, as your resident DC lover, I've decided to start a thread with some of my ideas how to use our lovely TNT (and non TNT) customs in fun scenarios to mix up the overdone slugfest scenario with a bit of a story angle or two - inspired by the comics characters we all know in love.
I'll probably show my Batman bias with what I post here, but I want to let you all know, you're welcome to contribute to this thread as well. I don't have any map making skills, but I've got a few scenarios to share. I'd love to see your Superhero maps and scenarios as well!
See my signature for all recommended customs!

That said - on with the Scenarios:

Map Type 1: Gotham City Park
Recommended specs - Combine the asphault and concrete tiles from your Marvel Master set with grass and water from ROTV and a healthy amount of RTFF trees. The idea would be to have the cityscape on the edges, or one side, with the grass/tree oasis in the middle or dominating all but one edge.

Scenario A: Ivy's Eden

Player 1: Custom Poison Ivy and 430 point army with Wild personality.
Player 2: A 700 point army of Vigilantes and Sidekicks.

Tagline: Poison Ivy has taken over Gotham City Park! Gotham City's crime fighters must stop the mayhem she's caused.

Special Rules: Player 2’s figures should treat any grass tiles like lava field tiles for this scenario. In addition to moving figures normally, Player 1 may move 1 tree up to 4 spaces each turn. Normal elevation rules apply with this movement.

Player 1’s Objectives: Player 1 wins if all of Player 2’s figures are destroyed.
Player 2’s Objectives: Player 2 wins if all of Player 1’s figures are destroyed.

Scenario B: Bounty for the Bat

Version 1:
Player 1: 200 point army.
Player 2: 200 point army.
Player 3: Batman and a 410 point army of allies.

Tagline: Gotham City crimelords have placed a bounty on Batman’s head. Whoever kills him collects!
Special Rules: None

Player 1-2 Objectives: Be the one to destroy Batman and you collect the bounty on his head! If one of the other players destroys Batman first, you lose.
Player 3 Objectives: Keep Batman alive and destroy all of Player 1 and 2’s figures.

Version 2:
Player 3: 200 point army.
Player 4: Batman and a 610 point army of allies.

Player 1-3 Objectives: Be the one to destroy Batman and you collect the bounty on his head! If one of the other players destroys Batman first, you lose.
Player 4 Objectives: Keep Batman alive and destroy all of Player 1-3’s figures.

Version 3:
Player 3: 200 point army.
Player 4: 200 point army.
Player 5: Batman and a 810 point army of allies.

Player 1-4 Objectives: Be the one to destroy Batman and you collect the bounty on his head! If one of the other players destroys Batman first, you lose.
Player 5 Objectives: Keep Batman alive and destroy all of Player 1-4’s figures.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 31st, 2008, 01:53 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Awesome premise for a thread. Are you looking for suggestions / ideas for scenarios, or just looking to compile actual, submitted maps?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:02 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Very cool Bats! I really like the last one where Batman's head is on the line. I'd like to play that one .

You said it's open for other's ideas, so this is my partially thought out scenario that could wind up pretty cool I think. It's based off of the first scene in Marvel's Road to Civil War (the New Avengers: Illuminati). Ok here we go, bare with me on some things.

Background Scenario:
Iron Man has organized seven of the most powerful superheroes on earth in secret meeting to propose a plan of organizing all the heroes. After his initial plan is shot down as too complex, they begin to settle on keeping this secret organization to meet for the purpose of stopping large threats to the world. T'Challa is disgusted at their decision to be 'earth's protectors' and not include anyone else. Uttering his final words, T'Challa exits the room. "I'm telling you now: End this. Walk away from this table and go home. Walk away now."

"Anything else we want to talk about before T'Challa's guards have us removed? (Iron Man)" Three guards enter the room, blocking the the only door. "T'Challa has asked we break this little meeting up, permanently."

Battlefield:
I have something made up that I can hopefully get a picture of up soon. Basically it is located inside a Wakadian meeting room, with one door as the way out. However the back corner has the destructable wall section, so you can blow your way out the back.

Setup is the six heroes posistioned around a table (elevated 6 hexs) with six guards (Marro Drones) already in the room. There are 3 more drones that are placed in front of the door.

Teams:
Team 1: Iron Man, Blackbolt, Namor, Dr. Strange, Mr. Fantastic, and Professor Xavier
Team 2: Black Panther and Marro Drones x6 (T'Challa's guards)

Special Rules:
You may not fly or escape the room through any means other than the one door or destroying the destructable wall piece. Anytime a Drone is destroyed a new Drone spawns as close as possible to the door, until all 18 have been killed or present in the room. At that point when a Drone is killed Black Panther spawns as close as possible to the door.

Victory Conditions:
Team 1: You must have all 5 of the 6 heroes escape T'Challa's meeting room. As soon as a hero reaches a non-path space, he has exited the room. OR when all of team 2's figures are destroyed.
Team 2: Destroy 2 of the heroes on Team 1's team.

Old January 31st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
I'll share a couple of my Marvel/Superhero maps and scenarios. These are also in my Maps thread in the Maps subforum.

A Super Hero Map and Scenario using the Lexan City Block mats:
Frozen Overpass

The bottom level is not actual tiles, but represents two CITY BLOCK Lexan terrain mats. The Ruin in the file represents the Marvel Breakable Wall (I created the file before Zzzz had added the Marvel Wall) Floydski's printable roads can be used as well...or if you have enough Marvel sets, you could just build the base yourself

Team 1 starts in the Yellow Start Zone, Team 2 in the Red.
Place a Glyph in the indicated locations, this will serve as objective markers for the scenario.

Scenario:
Disaster has struck at a top-secret research lab! An experimental weather control device has malfunctioned
and exploded leaving a nearby overpass in ruin. The device has also sent out a freezing wave that has begun
to encase the city in ice and snow. The device must be recovered and delivered to scientists who can either
disable the wave or unleash its destructive powers. Two teams have been sent for to recover it, which will
win the day?

Scenario Objectives:
Recover the experimental weather control device and return it to your start zone or destroy all of your
Opponent’s units.

Device Rules:
Only Heroes may carry Device Glyphs. If a Hero figure lands on the Device Glyph, place that glyph
on the Hero Figure's card. If a Hero carrying the Device Glyph is destroyed, place the Device Glyph on the
space previously occupied by the destroyed figure. The Device Glyph may now be picked up by another
Hero Figure. A Player can choose to drop a Device Glyph at the end of the carrying Figure's turn. To drop
a Device Glyph, place it on any empty space adjacent to the carrying figure.

Sets Used
1 RotV
2 FotA
2 RttFF
1 M:tCB

PDF Here
Old January 31st, 2008, 07:26 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great stuff, guys! Keep it coming.
I just got two of those awesome city block mats from Cav, myself, so I'm eager to get more of these scenarios going. Here's a few more I've come up with:

Map Type 3: Mystic Portal
Basically you can set up the actual map however you like, but be sure to include a destructible wall from the Marvel set close to Player 1's starting zone.

SCENARIO 1: NIGHT OF THE DEMON

Player 1: Ra’s Al Ghul, Talia Head, Ubu
Player 2: 600 point army of Unique Heroes

Tagline: Ra’s Al Ghul has stumbled upon a Mystic Portal that serves as a gateway between Hell and Earth. Unless he’s stopped, he’ll rule the world with a legion of Demons!

Special Rules: The Castle Door acts like a portal. After each turn, if Player 1 has a figure adjacent to the Castle Door, Player 1 may roll the 20-sided die, adding the number of the round to the final number for the roll.
If Player 1 rolls a 10-14, place a Zombie figure on any free space adjacent to the Gate. If Player 1 rolls a 15-18, place a Minion of Utgar on any free space adjacent to the Gate. If Player 1 rolls a 19, place any Kyrie figure that follows Utgar on any free space adjacent to the Gate. If Player 1 rolls a 20 and he is not already in play, place Etrigan the Demon on any free space adjacent to the Gate.
Any figures summoned by the Gate are placed under Player 1's control and Player 1 may place order markers on the figure's Army Card at the start of the next round. Player 1 may not place multiples of the same Unique figure in the game at the same time. If the Portal is destroyed, place 3 Wound Markers on the Army Card of any Kyrie that follows Utgar or Demon in the game.
No figures from either team are allowed to be on top of the Demon's Gate.

Player 1 Objectives: Player 1 wins if all of Player 2’s figures are destroyed.
Player 2 Objectives: Player 2 wins if all of Player 1’s figures and the Portal are destroyed.

Map Type 4: Isle of Champions
An island with trees and ruins surrounded by plenty of water (Cav's water mats work nicely for this).

SCENARIO 1: AMAZON GUANTLET

Player 1: Wonder Woman
Player 2: Artemis
Player 3: Warriors of Ashra x5

Tagline: Wonder Woman and Artemis battle for the title of Amazon Champion and the right to wear the Wonder Woman costume.

Special Rules: None.

Player 1 Objectives: Player 1 wins if Wonder Woman destroys Artemis.
Player 2 Objectives: Player 2 wins if Artemis destroys Wonder Woman.
Player 3 Objectives: Player 3 wins if a Warrior of Ashra kills Wonder Woman or Artemis before one of them can kill each other.

SCENARIO 2: ATLANTIS SINKING

Player 1: Charbydis and an army of 300 points
Player 2: Aquaman and an army of 400 points

Tagline: Charbydis and his henchmen are sending Atlantis back to the deep! Only Aquaman can stop him from killing the hundreds of non water breathing innocents on the island.

Special Rules: Each time Player 1 activates a Turn Marker, Player 1 may place one water tile on the board. When the entire map is covered with water, the game is over.

Player 1 Objectives: Destroy all of Player 2’s figures or have at least one figure in the game when the entire map is covered with water.
Player 2 Objectives: Destroy all of Player 1’s figures before the entire map is covered with water.

Map Type 7: Industrial Dam
Use your Fotress of the Valkyrie pieces to build a large dam separating a high body of water from a lower one. Player 2's figure starts on top of the Dam and Player 1's figures start on lower elevation, across the body of water.

SCENARIO 1: INVISIBLE PLANE ASSAULT
Player 1: Wonder Woman and an army of 320 points.
Player 2: A villainous army of 600 points.

Tagline: Unless Wonder Woman and her allies stop them, the villains plan to blow up the Industrial Dam, wrecking havoc in the nearby suburbs and killing hundreds!

Special Rules: At the end of 10 rounds, the Industrial Dam is destroyed. Wonder Woman can use her Invisible Plane for this scenario, granting her the Invisibility and Carry abilities for this scenario. She and any figure she Carries are also granted the Invisibility power for this scenario until they are placed on any Road or Concrete tiles. The Invisibility power prevents a figure from being targeted for attacks by non adjacent figures. An invisible figure has no hit zone.

Player 1 Objectives: Destroy all of Player 2’s figures before the end of 10 rounds.
Player 2 Objectives: Destroy all of Player 1's figures or have at least one figure in the game at the end of the 10th round.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 4th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
PochoMan's Custom Marvel Scenarios (PLAYTESTERS WANTED)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
Hopefully we'll get a seperate forum for Scenarios and Maps. But until then I'll be posting my Scenarios and Maps here with links below.

Devourer of Worlds (Galactus) Nov 01, 2007 As Galactus, destroy earth's mightiest heroes and villians.
Type: Master Game; Players: 2-4; Map: 2-4 players; Points: 2500; Rounds: 12; Victory: Destroy all figures

Uni-Power (Captain Universe) Nov 6, 2007 As Captain Universe defeat earth's mightiest villian team-up.
Type: Master Game; Players: 2-4; Map: 2-4 players; Points: ; Rounds: X; Victory: Destroy all figures

Acts of Vengeance Nov 10, 2007
Type: Master Game; Players: 2; Map: 2 player; Points: NONE; Rounds: NONE; Victory: Destroy all figures

PLAYTESTERS tell me what you liked, disliked, and any improvements that you made while playtesting.

Custom SuperHero Army Cards My MARVEL created Army Cards for charactrers, units, glyphs, equipment, etc...
Custom SuperHero Figures Repainted and MODDed of Official Marvel'scape, ReBased HeroCLIX, etc...
Custom SuperHero Additions Custom terrain, buildings, obstacles, and other misc. additions, etc...
Custom SuperHero Scenarios Custom scenarios based off of events of the Marvel Universe.
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Breach!

A containment tank and a chemical facility has ruptured spreading a deadly chemical around the facility. Swamp Water spaces use Molten Lava rules.

Old March 7th, 2008, 12:58 AM

Cool stuff, Cav. It would be interesting to get some sort of scenario where human figs had a chance to turn into superheroes after contact with the chemicals. That's how it usually works in the comics, right?

Old March 7th, 2008, 01:17 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I think you mean breach.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 7th, 2008, 01:25 AM

Nah, he meant breeches. It was an offhand reference to Jotun's ripped pants of awesomeness. Gees, necro, get with the program here. :P

Old March 25th, 2008, 07:19 AM

TheMedic has disabled reputation
I've been thinking about scenarios that don't require that all figures on one side are destroyed to secure victory.

ie - A scenario whereby the criminal element have to steal a particular glyph and remove it from the board to win..... OK, OK, so as you can tell, I haven't worked out any specific details at the moment.

maybe there is already soemthign along these lines posted somewhere?
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMedic
I've been thinking about scenarios that don't require that all figures on one side are destroyed to secure victory.

ie - A scenario whereby the criminal element have to steal a particular glyph and remove it from the board to win..... OK, OK, so as you can tell, I haven't worked out any specific details at the moment.

maybe there is already soemthign along these lines posted somewhere?
http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...=484165#515916

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion