Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 25th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Tul Bak Ra - What's your army idea?

I'm thinking some of these new guys deserve seperate threads

Now that Truth has even more anticipatory juices pumping with his blog post revealing Tul Bak Ra's card

I'm eager to see everyone's ideas for 400-600 point armies involving him. I'll go first with a 500 point army:

Tul Bak Ra 130
2xGrok Riders 260
Me Burq Sa 50
Zetacron 60

What a BEAT Stick! Tough stats, crazy mobility and the chance to bring five units up to him over time. This build hits very hard and very fast using TBR to rapidly bring up Grok reinforcements.

So what Overlordly thoughts have been percolating through YOUR mind?

~Aldin, undividedly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 25th, 2009, 10:47 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Tul Bak Ra - What's your army idea?

Okay, if one highly-mobile beat stick is good, how about three?

Nilfheim 185
Zelrig 185
Tul Bak Ra 130

Hide your Women and Heroes!

~Aldin, who thinks TBR's most effective builds may not have any Marro Squaddies at all

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 25th, 2009, 11:08 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's mine:
Tul-Bak-Ra
Marro Stingersx3
Marro Dividersx2
Raelin (RoTV)
Isamu
500 points
Use Isamu to claim a glyph, and then assassinate a hero with Tul-Bak-Ra (preferably an opponent's Raelin), teleporting away afterwards if possible. At the same time, set up Raelin where you desire. Use the damage inflicted on Tul-Bak-Ra to summon Dividers behind enemy lines and split turns up between them and the Stingers, with the Stingers being backed by Raelin.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old May 25th, 2009, 11:23 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

540 points

Tul-Bak-Ra 130
Kelda-80
Dividers x 6-300
Guilty McCreech-30

This army just looks tough to kill. TBR charges forward attacking and bringing Dividers with him. He teleports back when he has too many wounds and then slowly makes his way back up while the Dividers kill and cell divide. Rinse and repeat until everybody's dead. Guilty's cleanup.
Old May 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I personally feel that Tul-Bak-Ra will work best with very slow moving Marro Units! Since their isn't to many of them... Grouping units! aybe units that groups well... such as the Marro Drones!

Tul-Bak-Ra-130
4x Marro Drones-200
Su-Bak-Na-160
Isamu-10
No range but pretty good none the less!

I also thought about this one...

Moriko-110
Tul-Bak-Ra-130
2xGroks-260

Or maybe a variation

Tul-Bak-Ra-130
2xGroks-260
AE-110

Fast win or fast lose!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Last edited by Shades fan; May 25th, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:08 PM

TemplarMaster has disabled reputation

I feel like TBR works best with a hive and a healer.

TBR - 130
Marro Hive - 160
Kelda - 80
2x Stingers - 120
Isamu - 10
Total - 500

TBR - 130
Marro Hive - 160
Kelda - 80
3x Stingers - 180
Marro Warriors - 50
Total - 600
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Tul-Bal-Ra 130pt.
Isamu 10pt.
Marro Stingers x6 360pt.

Tul-Bak-Ra is an extremely good glyph grabber to me. Have him grab your glyph and go from there. He can also be a blocker for units that may danger the Stingers like Zelrig, and he can always help your units spread and move out too. (Isamu makes it all Utgar for General Wars )
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Tul-Bal-Ra 130pt.
Isamu 10pt.
Marro Stingers x6 360pt.

Tul-Bak-Ra is an extremely good glyph grabber to me. Have him grab your glyph and go from there. He can also be a blocker for units that may danger the Stingers like Zelrig, and he can always help your units spread and move out too. (Isamu makes it all Utgar for General Wars )
That is an excellent idea! On some maps, he might be able to pop onto a glyph first turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Tul-Bal-Ra 130pt.
Isamu 10pt.
Marro Stingers x6 360pt.

That is an excellent idea! On some maps, he might be able to pop onto a glyph first turn.
Sorry, guys - he can only teleport to an empty space.

~Aldin, glyphlessly

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Tul-Bal-Ra 130pt.
Isamu 10pt.
Marro Stingers x6 360pt.

Totally. He's going to be rediculous for this idea. He can maybe gain you a glyph first turn. He not only has a special attack, with range, but doesn't have to worry about LOS so if the glyph is behind a ruin or something he doesn't have to move into sight, although it is only 3 range but it still makes it a deadly aura. Because he's on a glyph, you opponent will try to attack him to either take the glyph or at least remove you from holding it. This involve wounds on Tul-Bak-Ra, which activates his Teleport Reinforcements ability. He'll just teleport in units to surround the glyph and overcome enemy figures trying to attack the glyph. Not to mention he has 6 Life with 4 Defense. He can also teleport away if the heat gets too much for him. Sick.

EDIT: Darn it, Aldin, I really liked the first turn glyph grab move! . I also forgot he has to teleport on a same level (empty) space. It can still work a little bit, it will just take more order markers. . I still like it though.

Last edited by Cleon; May 25th, 2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Tul-Bak-Ra is an extremely good glyph grabber to me.
I would say many maps, actually, but the height issue may calm that a bit. (Both start zones and glyphs often seem to be on level one, though.)

EDIT: Aldin quickly put an end to that! (Here's a link to an "empty space" discussion.)

--
I think I like
TBR - 130
Dividers x3 - 280
Stingers x4 - 500

Last edited by fomox; May 25th, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:06 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Tul-Bal-Ra 130pt.
Isamu 10pt.
Marro Stingers x6 360pt.

Sorry, guys - he can only teleport to an empty space.

~Aldin, glyphlessly
None the less he can get next to a glyph and when he comes under fire teleport some marro to help him control it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion