Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 12th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
The Assassin needs a good mini to go with it. I like it's Assassin Blade ability, there aren't enough abilities that play on order markers. What I'd also like to see is him doing more damage or attack die against Unique Heroes as Assassins usually are targeting a specific person, their "mark" you know what I mean? Maybe give it an ability called Assassin's Mark.

The Werebear seems to lack the ferocity that I always think of when I think of lycanthropes. That is what I'm trying to do with mine. Though yours is definately more straight forward and easier to interpret.

I like the way Grith turned out, though I wonder what figure you use as that one on the card is the Aspect of Moradin which is a large creature?

R~
Old January 12th, 2008, 07:07 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
To Sapper

I just put a name werebear there for now, he will have a name in the future. I did the same for the Ogre and the Dwarf too.

Thanks for the words clarification, you sometimes need someone else proofing your work before you catch errors.

To Rob:

Good suggestions on the assassin, maybe an ability similiar to the Macdirk warriors, where you choose your target at the start of the game?

As for the werebear, ive play tested him some, and hes actually pretty good, though I don't want to make him too expensive. Trying to keep him around his point cost.

Grith's figure is Aspect of Moradin, unfortunitally custom figures are sometimes hard to match up correctly using DND miniatures.

All of the images shown I have in Minis, and I will be taking high quality images and finishing up Hitzones and pictures when I have completely tested and am happy with the figure.

I am making these with the intentions of playing them in my home games.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:20 AM

Sapper has disabled reputation
Here is my advice on the Djinni:
1. Can huge figures be damaged by gust of wind? If not then state in the first sentence: Choose a small, medium or large figure to attack...

2. Some of your text runs to long: the word creature goes into the picture box and the very last word "Attack" could probably be dropped to the next line.

3. The last sentence in flying uses both he and she.

Agrax:
1. Reach- "Creatures that are 2 spaces away from Agrax...."

2. Crushing Blow- "If you roll an 11 or higher, add 2 dice to Agrax's attack."

Grith:

1. Dwarven Might- "When rolling attack dice against an adjacent figure,..."

2. This is just personnal prefence but I think that the figure should be higher in the box. Also I like it better if the Hammer would be the uppermost layer, that is it is over the top of the card frame.

3. Range of 6? Can he throw his hammer? If so that is a long way to throw. Maybe some sort of SA for a hammer throw, although you already have a lot of ability text. I think 4 is about the limit.

Grith looks good overall and fun to play.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Want to find out what a SAPPER is? Go HERE
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
It is meant to be a magical hammer, like a dwarven throwing hammer.

Ill be putting in better images when i get a chance for the figures, i have to take them with my camera and then edit them.

THanks for the suggestions though.
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:49 AM

Should be getting some playtesting in this weekend, I know you are all awaiting the results!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:28 AM

My latest creation. Unsure about point cost. Would appreciate feedback on him.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:59 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
he's got a 40% chance of inflicting a wound every turn before attacking, and a 20% chance of inflicting a wound after attacking. Both wounds are unblockable.

That, with a 7 attack, 5 defense, make me think he's a bit underpriced. I'd have to play him and see. I like him. (maybe 240?)

I do think his wings should be target areas though. Just my humble opinion.

It's a nice figure. where's it from?

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM

I tried to compare him to Jotun/Niefelm/Braxas.

Braxas flies, is 210, has 8 life and can outright kill figures. His attack and defense aren't as good as the Balrog though.

Neifhelm has 3 attacks, though only one at a chosen figure. But his melee is 6 for an attack. His defense is one less, and his life is equal.

Jotun has an extra attack dice, one less defense, one more life. Has an extra attack that is pretty powerful cause you can actually move people around the board. And has a special attack where you can hit multiple figures at once, and hes 225.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
I agree that having both the inferno aura and the whip seems a bit powerful at 200 points. All the figures you mentioned can only use one of their multiple attacks per turn, except Jotun's throw which is restricted to small and medium non-flying figures and he needs to be adjacent to use it. Otherwise he's pretty cool but instead of a point increase, I'd recommend dropping one of those powers (3 different attacks in a row seems like overkill...) I'd also like to know what figure you used for him...
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM

Well the fire whip can only inflict one point of damage, Jotuns can inflict 2, and move a figure around the board(Drop him, etc...)

Neifhelms is a very powerful ranged attack.

Braxas's too is very powerful.

I don't see his special attacks that powerful, compared to theirs. Should i drop inferno aura and make his whip more powerful?
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:16 PM

The figure for the Balrog is from D&D miniatures game(Balor from Dragoneye i think). He is 3 1/2 inches tall.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:30 PM

Carefree Games Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth
I don't see his special attacks that powerful, compared to theirs. Should i drop inferno aura and make his whip more powerful?
I'd say lower his attack by 1 die. That way you can keep the whip and the aura which can easily fill the place of the attack die. Don't change the point value.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards