Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 6th, 2011, 01:54 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoju511 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Yeah, I'm not even embarrassed about a double post.

Come on people, it's been over 24 hours and no one's played anything new?...

Alright, just to keep you happy I'll post here....
Yesterday and today I got to play "Cut-up and remove my F'ing tree that fell in my neighbors yard due to storms."

I must say you might want to pass on this game.

I did, however, get some Nexus Ops in and plan on another round after lunch. Thanks AE for introducing us to the game. Lil hoju loves it. I can't wait you you to get a game in with him. This is his new Micro-Corp.... D'oh

I should be coming back for a visit end of this month or early September. I'll let you know. I also want to round up at least one more person and get Chaos in the Old World on the table, which I'll bring back with me.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old August 7th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just got done with a game of Defenders of the Realm. I played a couple solo games with it and this time I taught my daughters to play. Morgan had the Sorceress, Paige had the Cleric and I had the Wizard. We ended up losing though. We spent a lot of time just in me teaching them the different things they can do and killing the minions and whatnot. It took us forever to get a good enough amount of the same colored cards so we could attack a general together. We took out Sapphire but Balzarag (or whatever the Demon general is called) was one location from Monarch City. We use a special card to get rid of some Darkness Spreads cards we didn't like and then went after Balzarag but came up 1 wound short of killing him. So we lost all our Hero Cards and went back to Manarch City to heal up. We didn't have any cards to do anything and then an Orc Patrol card came out on the Cleric's turn and after placing the Orcs, the General's movement was Balzarag to any of the 4 shown locations, including Monarch City. Ugh!

It was fun and the girls liked it. Morgan and her Sorceress ended up being the Dragonslayer, so she liked that. She was smart enough to pick herself to put the final wound on Sapphire and I didn't get to attack. The game took quite awhile, but that's what happens when teaching the kids.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lots of gaming in this weekend.

Lots of Heroscape practice (which did me no good) on Friday for GenCon.

Saturday saw 4x Summoner Wars (was a blast and had my best Summoner Wars battle ever - even though I lost, it came down to only the Summoners each with only 2 life left) and 5x General Wars Heroscape (of which was my worst tourny showing ever, I couldn't do anything right lol).

Today saw 3x Gosu (bought at GenCon) and 1x 2v2 Summoner Wars from the new Master Set (also bought at Gen Con).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:46 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Been on vaca for two days (though at the moment I am home becasue I had to come back to take an exam tomorrow), and have gotten in much more than I thought we would at this point.

So far...

Thunderstone x2
Carcassonne
Lost Cities
Blokus

Didn't play but taught the nieces and nephews how to play Coloretto, then was promptly kicked from the table as 6 of them stepped in to play a 5-player game.

-insert signature here-
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

3 games of 7 Wonders yesterday. I liked it, but my wife absolutely loved it. Likely to be popular.

Also got in two MtG: Commander games in last night. Won both with great hands that let me put out a lot of early threats.
Old August 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Managed to play a pile of games while on vacation, and learned some new ones too.

1x Camelot Legends
Learned this and taught it to the little lady. Its a fun card game that reminds me somewhat of Anima the card game in which you build companies of characters, travel to different locations, and try to complete quests while using various abilities that sometimes can be triggered by alliances or the opposite sex. You try to score as many victory points in the process. The difference between this and Anima is that this is quite a bit more strategic in how you play and plan your moves. It has a "think two steps ahead" feel to it. We enjoyed this one and it will most likely see more table time. My girlfriend slaughtered me with the scores at 31 to 15.

2x Fury of Dracula
Learned this and taught my girlfriend this one. This game is a boat load of fun... I love the concept of trying to bluff or out-think the hunters when you're Dracula. There's certainly a decent amount of strategy to playing this game and even though each game took 3 hours, you never feel like it drags (which is a huge plus for me). First game we made quite a few mistakes, but it was a good learning process. My girlfriend was Dracula and I the hunters. I won defeating Dracula, and I believe its because she goofed coming after me in the day time, leaving her in a "weakened" state for combat.

Second game we reversed character roles and this played much better with only a mistake or two. As Dracula, I had 5 vampires and was waiting for the new day to win, but she managed to find me, defeat my agent and then me. So close, but she took the win...

2x Warhammer: Invasion
First game, my orcs controlled most of the match and won against her empire. Second game was very tight and even all the way through with my empire against her dark elves. I was able to pull another victory.

1x Resident Evil (Alliance)
This game was quick and dirty with my girlfriend pulling the win with the scores at 15 to 10.

1x Battleball
My girlfriend chose the Iron Wolves and I the Black Hearts. This one went into overtime and even with having more seriously injured players than I, she managed to pull a victory against me.

Finally received my package from CSI which includes (Thunderstone: Thornwood Siege, Dust Tactics, Rune Age, and Nightfall: Martial Law). I'm hoping I can try Rune Age tonight!!!

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old August 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Gen Con gaming report -

Dragon Dice x 15 - Even won the World Championship!!!!!!!!!

HeroScape x 14 - 3rd or 4th in CtF. 2nd in Tourney of Champions (I hate redcoats!!) (But I did beat both dok and Spider Poison and have a winning record against both and more tournament wins against those 2 than any other player, 2 against dok, 4 against Spider). Went 1-4 in the Main Event with Chainfighters x 20. Had 3 close losses actually and one ridiculous blow out loss.

Rune Age x 2 - I've only played the coop version so far with fomox and Scaper Dude and we lost both times.

Resistance x 2 - Good times! We had everybody thinking Crazyangel was a spy the first game. Also Raider30 in the second game was our spy that finished off the resistance.

Citadels - Had a big 7 player game. Too bad ET86 was stuck playing warlord every turn! (ha!)

Ascension - Played a quick game with Raider30.

Bang! - Scaper Dude was the sheriff and Lonewolf and Stubobj were his deputies but I think he ended up killing both of them. The outlaws won in the end.

All in all a great time! I also demoed Dragon Dice for about 7 hours total.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Congrats on your big wins, MM.

My non-GenCon weekend had more than a little gaming; we had a family gathering & it was a pleasure getting in some games with 3+ players:

Ticket to Ride (4 player) ~ I came in 3d. Maybe 4th. It wasn't pretty.

Bang! (6 player) ~ I could not get the range I needed to keep the balance going as the renegade, and the Sheriff & his deputy won. I was the last one out, though.

Family Fluxx (2 player) ~ Demo game for my brother, who games with kids, and I was giving it to him as a gift. We didn't finish.

Yomi x a million ~ This type of game is right up the Kid's alley and he beats me most of the time. I'm so ashamed. Proud, and ashamed.

Black Sheep ~ My extra-luck house rule variant with the 8 year old, who clobbered me. Good for her, says I.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

I have been playing TONS of Dust Tactics lately. Really excited for this game, as there is a ruleset coming out for playing games in the Dust universe as a full miniatures game, not just a boardgame with miniatures! I have actually quit 40k, as the rules are really lackluster, IMO.

Check this link out if you are interested> http://blip.tv/beastsofwar/dust-tact...en-con-5446082

Figures? Awesome. Axis Gorillas? Yes please!
Universe? Awesome. Alternate history WWII is the best.
Rules? Awesome. The boardgame rules are fast and brutal, and the tabletop rules sound like they are going to be really good and tactically open.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:18 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
3 games of 7 Wonders yesterday. I liked it, but my wife absolutely loved it. Likely to be popular.
Just got this for my birthday and I imagine things will go the same way they did for you.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Just got Dungeonquest for my birthday. Can't wait to play (or be slaughtered mercilessly) with my son.

Have fun, I was slaughtered mercilessly three times last night.

Stupid pit traps.
Played three games now and have managed to survive each one by the skin of my teeth. Granted, two were solo games where I chickened out and left the dungeon with paltry sums of gold. First (4 player) game was the best, as I scrambled to out-treasure another player up the last second before making it out the door right before it slammed shut in his face. Ha!

Also got Invasion from Outer Space:The Martian Game from my friends that really enjoy Last Night on Earth. Haven't read the rules yet but a quick glance at things makes it seem VERY similar in rules to LNoE.
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Just got this for my birthday and I imagine things will go the same way they did for you.

Quote:
Quote:
Just got Dungeonquest for my birthday. Can't wait to play (or be slaughtered mercilessly) with my son.

Have fun, I was slaughtered mercilessly three times last night.

Stupid pit traps.
Played three games now and have managed to survive each one by the skin of my teeth. Granted, two were solo games where I chickened out and left the dungeon with paltry sums of gold. First (4 player) game was the best, as I scrambled to out-treasure another player up the last second before making it out the door right before it slammed shut in his face. Ha!

Also got Invasion from Outer Space:The Martian Game from my friends that really enjoy Last Night on Earth. Haven't read the rules yet but a quick glance at things makes it seem VERY similar in rules to LNoE.

Very similar to playing LNOE but IFOS is more combat focused than LNOE and playing the martians has more depth than playing the zombies.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:44 PM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Gen Con gaming report -

Dragon Dice x 15 - Even won the World Championship!!!!!!!!!

HeroScape x 14 - 3rd or 4th in CtF. 2nd in Tourney of Champions (I hate redcoats!!) (But I did beat both dok and Spider Poison and have a winning record against both and more tournament wins against those 2 than any other player, 2 against dok, 4 against Spider). Went 1-4 in the Main Event with Chainfighters x 20. Had 3 close losses actually and one ridiculous blow out loss.

Rune Age x 2 - I've only played the coop version so far with fomox and Scaper Dude and we lost both times.

Resistance x 2 - Good times! We had everybody thinking Crazyangel was a spy the first game. Also Raider30 in the second game was our spy that finished off the resistance.

Citadels - Had a big 7 player game. Too bad ET86 was stuck playing warlord every turn! (ha!)

Ascension - Played a quick game with Raider30.

Bang! - Scaper Dude was the sheriff and Lonewolf and Stubobj were his deputies but I think he ended up killing both of them. The outlaws won in the end.

All in all a great time! I also demoed Dragon Dice for about 7 hours total.
Congrats on your Dragon Dice World Championship, of course that had to be pretty easy since only you and one other person in the whole world play that wretched game A win is sitll a win even if no one else is playing.

Nice finish in the Tournament of Champions. Do you think that because of your infatuation with Dragon Dice that it took away from your normal dominance of the Heroscape tournaments at GenCon? Did you even win a single Heroscape tournament while you were there or were your hands and wrists to tired from throwing all those heavy Dragon Dice? I think the evil lure of Dragon Dice is pulling you away from the true love of your gaming life. Please come back to the light and move away from the dark side. In all seriousness I would guess that for as long as you have dominated the Heroscape tournaments at GenCon, other guys are figuring out to play against you and counter-act your armies. Yes, I do realize that you can still beat the crap out of me in Heroscape 9 out of 10 games, heck who am I kidding, 99 out of a 100 games

Sounds like you had a great time and hopefully I can make it next year. What new games did you buy? Did you get to play any new games there that are "MUST BUYS"?

Before I get flamed too bad from the 1 or 2 other Dragon Dice players in the world besides Matthias, I really have nothing against Dragon Dice and enjoy throwing a handful of dice as much as the next gamer but I had the misfortune of having Matthias try to teach me the game right after he got hooked on it. Matthias is a great game player, tournament organizer, game night organizer, great friend, wonderful family man, fantastic youth pastor, BUT he is not a very good game teacher, especially when he is excited to play and really wants to start the game. Here was my Dragon Dice experience with Matthias:

Matthias: "Want to play this new game I got, it is really cool and fun and plays alot like Heroscape but with dice armies instead of minatures"

Omahavice: "sure, how do you play"

Matthias: "just pick a handful of these 500 dice, make sure some of them are the same color"

Omahavice: "ok I will pick my dice"

Matthias: "you cant use those, that is MY favorite dice army"

Omahavice: "ok, so what do we do"

Matthias: "just roll the dice you knucklehead, what do you think you do in a dice only game"

Omahavice: "what else is there to the rules of this game"

Matthias: "here I printed these off, I have not read them but you can find all the rules and meaning of all the dice symbolys in there" (Matthias hands me 47 pages of photocopied very tiny printed rules)

Omahavice: "can you just explain it to me, so I know what to do on my turn"

Matthias: "I told you already, just roll your dice"

Well I roll my dice and Matthias rolls his dice and Matthias announces "Oh no my Ferral Toads destroyed your Artic Frost Bunnies, you LOSE"

And to think I have no desire to play Dragon Dice again!

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games