Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 14th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Portland/Vancouver Spring Charity Event APRIL 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Venom View Post
I just have one question. How much is an expansion pack? I needs one for the prize table and Id like to purchase one ahead. I think its around $12?
I don't think Bahde has any more but I can sell you one for $12. I have an extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 15th, 2011, 02:25 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Karat, I will update the list. Will be good to see you there again.

Quozl/Grand Moff, it is true - I have none left to sell at this time, thank you for stepping up Quozl.
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:43 PM

Grand Moff Venom Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Venom View Post
I just have one question. How much is an expansion pack? I needs one for the prize table and Id like to purchase one ahead. I think its around $12?
I don't think Bahde has any more but I can sell you one for $12. I have an extra.
Thanks. I dont really care what set it is. Preferebly a common set.
Old April 17th, 2011, 03:29 AM

First off, thank you all for coming today...and for those that have come to all of our events. You have been a wonderful group of friends that we were proud to do fundraisers with. Thank you.

Second, thank you for throwing me a bone today lol.....the final standings for the day:

Paul (aka Bahde)
Road Rage
Jeremiah
Longy418
Quozl
Howard
Nomad
Master of Disaster
McLeod
Heroscapeguy
Madilynn
Grand Moff Venom
Karat
Riley
Jody
Louisa
Brian
E Warrior

Top to bottom, this was a very competitive event - and our second go around without a "Youth" bracket....and I think everyone had fun. Hopefully Quozl finishes his second game soon though....
Old April 17th, 2011, 04:16 AM

Battle Report (to the best of my recollection...)

My core army consisted of Kumiko & Raelin 2.0

Option 1: 10th Foot x5 & Swog Rider
Option 2: Microcorps Agents x4
Option 3: Brunak, Finn, Ninjas of the North Wind & Krav Maga

Game One (Peril Pass) vs. Riley
(Tol Bak Ra, Me Burq Sa, Stingers x4, Nagrubs x2 & Marro Warriors)
I used my 10th Foot x5 + Swog army, I really enjoyed the benefit of 4 shots per turn and the versatility they offered me almost from the beginning. I sent Swog out to grab a quick glyph, I forget which one it was but I held it the whole game, and positioned Raelin forward before sliding some 10th forward to start the fight. Riley began with an advance of Nagrubs first, moving on what turned out to be the Common Attack glyph as well. The majority of the game took place in the center of the map before slowly edging towards his side as my numbers held serve allowing me to continue a slow crawl across the board. Riley tried valiantly to find a way to reverse the flow, keeping me on my toes each turn, but once I held the glyphs and had Raelin boosting it was a matter of attrition.

Result: Win 1-0

GameTwo (Ticalla Sunrise) vs. Karat
(Cyprien, Sonya, Drones x4, Hive & Deathreavers)
With the water/swamp and height, I opted to bring out my Microcorp...and it proved to be a good option. I was optimistic at first when he moved out some Drones to fill the short field in front of him, and move quickly to the lower elevation glyph, but my inability to fire straight allowed him to move Cyprien in quickly behind them and start working me over. A small miscalculation on my part left Raelin vulnerable to Cyprien...and it cost me quickly and I was suddenly looking uphill at a powerful army that controlled the board. I risked two turns with weaker positions as I moved a couple of extra Agents forward before grabbing the height (by the elevated glyph position) and putting their +2 to use knocking Cyprien out. Once the vampire was gone I quickly turned to pushing the boundary forward and pulling forward an extra agent before targeting the Hive itself from height. It took two rounds to knock it out, but once it was gone it became a matter of choosing the right figure to target with and keeping my height advantage. Karat came out with a great start but a single round of great rolls on my part really saved the day when Cyprien fell, with only 14 offensive figures in his army it put a lot of emphasis on the two big targets (Cyprien & Hive) for me. Though the final two rounds spiraled out of control quickly, before that it was a very close affair in which one or two good rolls either way could have made all the difference.

Result: Win 2-0

Game Three (Shady Oasis) vs. Nomad
(Gilbert, Raelin, Alastair, Highland Warriors x3 & Marro Warriors)
Again I brought my Microcorp out, with the water and height I felt it was the best choice once again. The fight immediately kicked off on my right as we fought for control of the Common Attack glyph, the struggle was very difficult as his bonding allowed him to send forward so much more firepower supported by a better Raelin. Nomad pushed Alastair forward with the Unique Attack glyph under his control and quickly knocked my Raelin out in two successive attacks. Fortunately for me, my Agents proved to be exceptionally resilient when on the glyph (x2 Def armor) despite their d20 rolls for stealth armor being pointless most of the day. I managed to hold on long enough to get three free agents uphill from Alastair, who had pushed into my starting zone by this time, and emphatically finished him off with the advantage of height & glyphs and a significant improvement in my rolls. For the second straight game my agents were late bloomers but again, once they came to the table they were extremely effective. Once Alastair was removed and Gilbert was placed on the unique attack glyph it was a matter of fighting it out between his Raelin boosted MW and my Microcorp -- this fight took two rounds to settle but in the course of events I managed to move up to engage Raelin directly and clear the way to my next stage after the MW were finally removed. With Raelin engaged and about to fall and Gilbert down hill from my agents it was essentially over at this moment. I tip my hat to Nomad, he never once left a piece out of position as he played probably the most mistake free game I watched/played in all day.

Game Four (Come Get Some) vs. Longy418
(Atlaga, Raelin 1.0, Guilty, Minions x3, Zetacron & Isamu)
Ah, an open map with room to move and plenty of opportunity for 10th Foot.....He quickly moved Zetacron forward and killed my Raelin (again, she fell in the first four turns of nearly EVERY game) and once again I was facing a literal and figurative uphill fight right out of the gate. I managed to secure the glyph (Attack +1) with my Swog before I set about the slow march of Redcoats in a tough slog with his Minions. An errant attempt to breakout led a single Brit across the map to the other unrevealed glyph in the third round, and what turned out to be a pit trap cost me a numerical advantage for what amounted to be five turns but thankfully I had enough men in place to hold my position while I recovered with a fresh wave of 10th Foot...and when I finally managed to knock out his Raelin & push his Minions back from my glyph it again quickly turned to my advantage when his slower (mostly melee) army couldn't recover from being displaced on that hill. This game turned out to be a relatively decisive victory for my 10th Foot but the actual rolls and moves on the board were much closer than the final score, as he was outnumbered in total figures and in total number of attacks....right up to the last two rounds he had a chance to seize the glyph and hammer me back into my starting zone. Was a real good match up but in the end the greater number of attacks and versatile range on the 10th proved to be the deciding factors.

Result: Win 4-0

Game Five (Fire Isles) vs. Jeremiah
(Zelrig, Stingers x2, Death Reavers x2, Raelin & Otonashi)
I failed to notice that his core was Zel & Oto....and I took 10th Foot & Swog. His very first move resulted in Majestic Fires living up to its billing...and so did his second move...and third...and....well...he finally ran out of targets just before I managed to wrestle him down with a few well placed shots but the damage was done. I was reduced to desperately trying to earn as many points as possible by killing the most point value of his I could....Jeremiah did a great job with Zelrig. :/ I wish we could have run this one back again, with me using my third army option. lol

Result: Loss (4-1)
Old April 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Thanks again Bahde for one last pow-wow it was great. My crew and I all had a blast. Great format it worked out even better than I'd previously thought.

I'll try and get some battle reports up later .
Old April 18th, 2011, 02:38 AM

Cool cool, and if you talk with Jeremiah....let him know I am still kicking myself for not going with my lava army option in that last game.

*wanders off mumbling about that dang'd Zelrig*
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:14 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks Paul for the final tournament. My best wishes for your family and home remodeling. (Been there, done that, don't ever want to do it again! )

Hope to see you at a future tournament!

I'd post some reports but they'd be very short:

Game one: Got whupped.

Game two: Couple of good hits in the first round, then got crushed.

Game three: Not even close. My army evaporated like vampires in the sun.

And so on...

Me and my son had lots of fun-- it's really great to get to play HS with a bunch of other folks. I always learn so much in terms of strategy and tactics.

See you all again soon.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:17 PM

DerrylTheHero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I cant believe I missed this, I live in Forest Grove and haven't been to one tourny yet, i would love to go to one, and if there is anything going on as events go i would love to know
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:41 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm sorry that I couldn't make this one. Paul held the first tourny I went to and I will defintly miss makeing the trip down there every three months for a day of fun and frustration I hope everything works out for you Paul God bless.
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:19 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidicul View Post
I'm sorry that I couldn't make this one. Paul held the first tourny I went to and I will defintly miss makeing the trip down there every three months for a day of fun and frustration I hope everything works out for you Paul God bless.
Be on the lookout for an upcoming tournament in Salem, still working on the details.

Are you back from the Dakota's Hidicul, how's it going, how's the job. Hopefully you can make the next tourney we have .

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events