Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 9th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Re: Annerios' Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
OK Annerios it is months...maybe years later and I finally got around to printing and making the AvP figures and cards and play tested them.
Wow, it has been a while.

Quote:
Where did you get the skull figure from? It doesn't come in the AvP box set.
That one was sold separately in the second wave. You could get a partially cloaked one that was neat.

Quote:
At the end of a round the alien player could place one previously destroyed alien figure next to a column.

Lets just say the predators got owned 2 times fast.
Well, those non-facehugger generated reinforcements have to hurt.

Quote:
I think the Aliens are a little under priced for how evil they are in my opinion. So far I only tried Aliens vs Predators against each other and the game is heavily unbalanced in that scenario.

I'm going to try and lower Aliens attack to 3 and bump up their price to 75 and see how that plays out.
The Aliens are deadly to the Predators, but they should be, because they can see through their cloaking. I don't know if you used the Predators that did not have ranged attacks, but those that do can often take down the Aliens before they can reach them. On a jungle map, the Aliens are deadlier, because they can use cover to their advantage. The Elder Predator is a bit of beast and can kill quite a few Aliens on his own, even if he is unable to boost the other Predators.

If you let them surround you, then with the high attack and the acid splash you can be in trouble quickly. The Aliens were one of the first customs that would give the opportunity to wound an opponent when dying, so I remember having to play carefully when used against me or moving them for maximum damage when using them against others.

The fun part is throwing some humans in there to see who survives.
The AT-43 human soldiers work well for this purpose.

I have a jungle planet scenario in mind with a squad of marines going in to rescue some medics that will be done AVP style. It has been a while since I've used them, so it will be a good chance to look at them again.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:40 AM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

Hey glad to see you still posting.

All trials where on a combo map with jungle, lava, road + a couple of shadow.

I nerfed Grid to only give him a +1 max attack roll within 4 clear sight and bumped the aliens to 100 points.

I put them up against 600 point random armies a couple of times and they still dominated. Braxas was in one trial and his acid breath was no match for their acid blood. They are just mean hit hard and fast.

Reminds allot of the gene stealers from Space Hulk how they play.

I'm want to play test them more with them at 100points and the nerfed Grid but the wife got a little demoralized with all the stomping they did.

My next idea was if only they killed a small or medium figure they had to carry it back to the "vent" and then at the end of the round you can replace the figure with a newly gestated alien figure instead of a random location instant respawn. I think the onslaught just needs to be slowed down to give oppsing range a chance.

Even the ranged Predators got destroyed. They where able to take a few with them but never won. I haven't tried the Predators against classic scape yet that is on the list of things to try.

Thanks for the ideas I have had fun tinkering with them.

I'll keep ya posted on how things turn out

Biggest problem is now I want some face huggers and a queen
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:00 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

Played once with "incubation"

Where if the Aliens killed a small or medium figure they had to drag it back to a Pillar/vent/underground access. Place a blood marker on top. At the end of the round removed the blood marker and add an alien from the "hive" next to the piller. The Hive is basically out of site and contains the aliens for an even point total.

Worked great!! Aliens still won but the game was much closer.

I can't wait to try them again I think I have a well balanced alien game mechanic now.
Old September 17th, 2010, 04:42 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

These are the best customs on this site.

I'm in awe, especially of Elric!

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old April 5th, 2012, 09:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just came across this thread (along with your map thread) and wanted to say you have some really awesome stuff on here. It looks like you have not posted in a while though so here's to hoping you are still playing the game, making custom figures, and epic maps. If you ever do see this, I'd love to know where you got some of the minis you used for customs and how you modified them. Send me a PM and I'll go into more detail.
Old July 4th, 2013, 04:44 PM

Duljen Woo who?

I feel that the zombies should be devourers, Stormshadow should be Utgar, and Snake eyes should be vydar.

Mercy is something the weak beg for and the strong lack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards