Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Old August 28th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Rulebooks and FAQ

Can you summon the Blazing Firecats, play an enchantment on them, and then resolve your haste attack with one of the firecats?

When you summon Blazing Firecats you must immediately attack with one of the Firecats if you want to. You cannot summon the Firecats, then play spells, and then attack with using the haste ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 19th, 2015, 04:17 AM

starman54 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Spells and end of Turn.

It looks like they developed the spell cards before they decided that instead of having each player have a "round" per game turn, they would have each player end a game turn and advance the Turn marker.

or some similar mess up in development.

This is why the Spells with end of turn conditions often don't make sense e.g. Inspired Charge , the defence bonus is useless. However if the same spells last until the begining of your next turn and are then discarded to the graveyard they all seem to work.

So I propose on spell cards the End of Turn condition ,means they last from when played or revealed(hidden enchantments) to the start of your next turn.

The first action of each Turn should be to discard to your graveyard any spells that last until the end of your turn.

Hopefully someone can take this up with the designer.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 01:26 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

While I appreciate Jim's scan, I've been occasionally checking to see if the PDF eventually shows up on wizards.com or hasbro.com.

For the German speaking players, here it is
https://www.hasbro.com/common/docume...31A75FFA32.pdf

I've sent an email to Hasbro Customer Service, asking if they would also make the English version available.

Edit: Wow, fast response. They sent me an email with the following attachment:
https://glasq.com/gary/heroscape/rul...neswalkers.pdf

No idea why they gave me this "landscape" version with two portrait pages on a single landscape page.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 19th, 2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old October 20th, 2015, 11:39 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
While I appreciate Jim's scan, I've been occasionally checking to see if the PDF eventually shows up on wizards.com or hasbro.com.

http://www.hasbro.com/common/documen...31A75FFA32.pdf

I've sent an email to Hasbro Customer Service, asking if they would also make the English version available.

http://glasq.com/gary/heroscape/rule...neswalkers.pdf

No idea why they gave me this "landscape" version with two portrait pages on a single landscape page.
Thanks for the info! Although the english pdf you linked doesn't work.
Old October 20th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:

Works for me...
Old October 20th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

I just now was replacing the raw version I got from Hasbro with a cleaned up version of it, done by member @ctaylor. Instead of two rulebook pages on each PDF page (landscape), he made it one for one (portrait), plus he removed the trim marks.
Old October 20th, 2015, 11:47 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:

Works for me...
Wait, now it does for me, lol. It doesn't work if I try to open it in another window. It works just clicking on it.
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Just an FYI on the Eldrazi Ruiner:

Quote:
Ok I have a question regarding the new expansion: Here is a link to the picture in question: http://postimg.org/image/gv4dhmivt/

It's on page 5 of the new expansion thread on the heroscapers.com website.

But anyway, my question is about the Eldrazi Ruiner for the 4 player scenario. It has 2 abilities that have me confused.

The first is Relentless which says "Whenever Eldrazi Ruiner destroys a figure in combat, it may attack again".

And then immediately after it has an ability called Lay Waste, which says "If no Planeswalkers are adjacent to Eldrazi Ruiner at the end of its attack, deal 1 damage to all figures your opponents control up to 6 clear sight spaces away".

I am wondering how this works? Does the Ruiner Lay Waste after every single attack, or just once? If a figure is destroyed by Lay Waste does it get to attack again? What counts as the end of an attack? Is it the end of all the attacks, or each individual one?

Thanks in advance!

***UPDATE***

"Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the long wait.

The ability Lay Waste”should trigger at the end of the Eldrazi Ruiner’s turn – not at the end of its attack.

The instructions will be updated to reflect this.

Again, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

I hope you have a fun day!"
Old March 29th, 2016, 12:18 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I encountered that in my first game with the Eldrazi Ruiner scenario. It's completely broken with the as-written intepretation. The vagueness of the wording has me wondering how much CVN was involved in this expansion, after the wording in the master set improved on Heroscape wording with greater clarity.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 2nd, 2016, 07:22 PM

NstephenH is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Does anyone have a PDF of the new rule manual in Shadows Over Innistrad?
Old August 3rd, 2016, 01:58 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NstephenH View Post
Does anyone have a PDF of the new rule manual in Shadows Over Innistrad?
I might be able to scan my manual later tonight, we shall see.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:11 PM

Rainmaker10 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I cant find the rulebook of Shadows Over Innistrad, anyone can share the pdf?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs