Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

View Poll Results: Did You Vote This Election Day?
I am Registered, and I Voted! 35 50.00%
I am Registered, and I did NOT Vote. 4 5.71%
I am NOT Registered, and I did NOT Vote. 13 18.57%
I am too Young to Vote. 13 18.57%
I Don't Live in the U.S., so I can't Vote there. 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
So the Democrats owned the house and cut the Senate to a tight race (undetermined atm though).

With the potential challenges the House can pose, this is potentially great for the American economy; but I think I better cash in my savings now whilst the dollars still weak!

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:48 AM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
With the potential challenges the House can pose, this is potentially great for the American economy; but I think I better cash in my savings now whilst the dollars still weak!
I don't get it. The economy isn't good now?
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
From the New York Times I found this to be an interesting stat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT
Nearly 4 in 10 voters said they saw their ballot as a vote against Mr. Bush, about twice as many as those who said they had cast their ballots for him. It was a remarkable turnaround for a president who just two years ago emerged triumphant from his re-election campaign, declaring that he had earned political capital and intended to spend it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:41 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I would believe that statement, people were not so much voting for someone as they were against someone. The biggest problem with losing the House is that they are the starting point for appropriations. The biggest thing they could affect in Iraq is the funding. Hopefully they do not decide to play this game just to spite that same someone.
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Good job OOg, now where the heck have you been???????
Glad to be of service, Sky.

I've been a busy little Kyrie. Work, Engagement Party, Newphew's Baptism, Birthdays, and slimming 20 lbs for starters.

I'm glad to be visible again.

Enough of my threadjack.

Politik away peoples.

"I'm and I approve this message."

Recent Games Played:
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
I would believe that statement, people were not so much voting for someone as they were against someone. The biggest problem with losing the House is that they are the starting point for appropriations. The biggest thing they could affect in Iraq is the funding. Hopefully they do not decide to play this game just to spite that same someone.
Yes, my reason for putting that stat up is that I thought the spiteful nature of it was worthy of remark. I'm not sure I agree with you about the possibility for harm to our troops. I think the clear message that the voters sent was one of extreme frustration and desire for a change in strategy. I think this will ba accomplished. The worst thing you can do is throw money at a problem and expect it to solve itself.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Well it's done, I did what I could. Why couldn't I have lived in Texas, I could have just voted Kinky...,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augray
Quote:
I don't get it. The economy isn't good now?
The dollar is awfully weak, weaker than its been in decades. This is ok for internal economy as tourism and import trade are very high; but you may have noticed the vast amount of outsourcing thats been occuring in the last 6 years in the US, coupled with higher continental immigration (its never been financially better to move to the US, with it being pure consumer fodder); add to this the fact the dollar wont be the global currency by 2020 (the Euro will be), plus the 90% certainty that air travel is going to plummet towards the US for mass-transit flights (the rest of the world has a lot of CO2 issues making headway at last); all these aspects help make the holistic economy of the US pretty bad - especially when compared to the Clinton administration (far more globalistic and long term). (I should add, im not saying the Clinton admin was great or anything, but the economic security and fiscal firmament it gave americans was nothing to be ignored).

So; if you want to keep an economy that begs tourism in a world where that industry is not the future; plus insure isolationist policies by making it incredibly difficult for most Americans to even leave the country; then all is well. America will be outsourced and eventually outproduced, outskilled, and utterly overtaken globally. This might not be too bad - we didnt suffer tremendously; but in my personal opinion, I really dont think America are *bad* at the top. I dont like the current administrations foreign policy AT ALL (nor does the rest of the world and many of America's population) - but America holds certain ideals that I hold dear to me.

If America loses the top spot, I have to worry who might take their stead. Therefore, as a believer in freedom and justice, I have a vested interest in the stability of the country that can probably do the best job as "world leader".

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:03 AM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Quote:
but you may have noticed the vast amount of outsourcing thats been occuring in the last 6 years in the US, coupled with higher continental immigration (its never been financially bett
Is this really the dollar? Or, rather incredibly cheap labor overseas?
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
From the New York Times I found this to be an interesting stat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT
Nearly 4 in 10 voters said they saw their ballot as a vote against Mr. Bush, about twice as many as those who said they had cast their ballots for him. It was a remarkable turnaround for a president who just two years ago emerged triumphant from his re-election campaign, declaring that he had earned political capital and intended to spend it.
As an incumbent, he was re-elected by the slimmest margin in modern US history. The "emerged triumphant" and "political capital" things were just political spin, so this statement in the NYT is really just kind of silly. Also, for a congress and senate which has been subservient to the executive branch to a degree also unparallelled in modern US history I don't think that voting for congressional and senate races based on the performance of the executive is at all unreasonable.

Quote:
The dollar is awfully weak, weaker than its been in decades....
Good analysis and thanks for your support. Another trend to factor in is our household debt to savings ratio, trade balance, and budget deficit, all of which have nosedived during recent years. All of these factors have been pointing toward the theory that our economy has been running on the fumes of past and future success - we've cashed in all of our checks and are now burning credit (which will eventually come due). In essence, we've spent our savings and we are now spending the money of our children to keep up the lifestyle that we want today. Again this points toward an economy that is sacrificing long term stability for short term benefit.

Furthermore, I think that Euryon has dramatically understated the impact of the world currency moving from the dollar to the euro. That will have a devastating impact on the US economy if it happens, as it is one of the primary means of leverage by which we are burning credit at the international level as well as one of the main gears by which the finance industry turns (and as information and manufacturing move overseas, finance has been increasingly critical).
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:33 AM

Jotun has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushi96
I vote. If nothing more than to cancel out some liberal hippy's vote out there. It helps me sleep at night.
Bushi, sleep well knowing that you cancelled my vote, but I hope you had a few friends with you to cancel out the people I drove to the polls (which was only two).
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
The biggest thing they could affect in Iraq is the funding.
They can do a lot more than that now that they have subpoena power and control the committees. The House Judiciary and Senate Foreign Relations committees in particular could initiate some seriously ugly stuff in D.C. The next 2 years are likely to be very interesting.

EDIT: Barring recounts, it looks like the Democrats have probably taken the senate now. Montana is pretty much done and Virginia is just waiting for some provisionals but probably not enough to move a 7000 vote margin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General