Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker
Anyone still have vinyl?

Hey, I was just wondering how many people here have a nice record collection? I have maybe 20 or so old rock albums, like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Rush, etc.
So, anyone else with me in the record boat?
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Anyone still have vinyl?

Oh yeah, I got Boston, the Who, Van Halen, Creedence, Dio, Ozzy AC/DC, etc. Oh yeah, I love the vinyls and search to improve my collection as well.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:08 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I have quite a few old records; John Cougar, CCR, Willie Nelson, Skynyrd, the Grease soundtrack. My favorite isn't even music, George Carlin Seven Dirty Words- the best stand up act ever.

I have more for 8 Tracks
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:59 PM

Cthulhu1979 is surprisingly tart

My wife and I have a growing vinyl collection, some old, some new. We have most of the albums by The Beatles; in addition, I have some Iron Butterfly, Donovan, Jim Croche, and both albums released by HP Lovecraft (The band, not the writer ). As far as newer albums go, I have a bunch by the Mountain Goats, and some by The Mars Volta, They Might Be Giants, The White Stripes and Johnny Cash.

Since I'm living in the digital age, I have a lot of music on my computer. As such, I avoid buying CDs. However, in order to support the bands I enjoy, I typically buy their vinyl albums instead. I like the larger format of the artwork, and I also like the tactile sensation of putting a record on.

I used to be able to pick up old vinyls at my local Salvation Army thrift store (Which is how I managed to get a copy of Herman's Hermits "On Tour"), but recently they've cranked up the prices, which doesn't sit well with me.

~Cthulhu1979

Visit my short fiction and photography site by clicking here.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Of course ....lots from the early and mid 70's....however I don't have a turntable anymore

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:30 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

I was a DJ in College oh so long ago and my wife played keyboard in a band. Between us we have about 6 milk crates of vinyl. My most precious ones are Beatles red and blue on red and blue vinyl, and a Billy Idol picture disc (Rebel Yell).

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:49 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have about 25-30 albums and just as many 45's, but my turntable took a dump some years back.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:03 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

More than I want to think about, somewhere between 2 and 3 hundred 33 long plays, around 50 or so 45's. These are mostly 70's and 80's rock and metal. Then theirs the old stuff, about 200 more albums of blues, jazz and big bands collections some are 33 and other are 78's.

Yes I'm old.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old April 4th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread had me checking out my vinyl collection.
I'd forgotten I own the 4-record collection of Philip Glass and Robert Wilson's opera, Einstein On the Beach!

I first encountered Einstein on the Beach in college during a art history class. I had to get the music. Due to time constraints of the format, the vinyl presentation truncates the work by about 30 mins. Regardless, it's an amazing listen. Wish my turntable still worked.

The CD version features the full version, so I may need to purchase that someday, but the quality of the record - ! Will be missed.
Old April 4th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro View Post
More than I want to think about, somewhere between 2 and 3 hundred 33 long plays, around 50 or so 45's. These are mostly 70's and 80's rock and metal. Then theirs the old stuff, about 200 more albums of blues, jazz and big bands collections some are 33 and other are 78's.

Yes I'm old.
78's! That must have been what my parents had .... I forgot the speed but that sound right. Those things were like 1/4" thick! I think the diameter was larger than a 45 but smaller than LP/33. I forgot about those they were obsolete by the time I was born (1957).

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do still own and actively listen to vinyl. The last thing I bought NEW on vinyl [yes, they're still making it!] was Radiohead's In Rainbows, which sounds great on the ol' turntable. I also picked up a copy of The Velvet Underground's Live double LP on eBay for a sweet price. Anytime Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds put out a new single, I try to pick it up on 45 single.

My girlfriend is a HUGE vinyl maniac, and has every Beastie Boys album and single on vinyl, plus about 300 records. We often hit the thrift stores for strange old obscure records, and we've found some real gems.
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

My dad still has some records that he plays. You will hear La Bamba and I Fought the Law occasionally in my house.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music