Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 17th, 2019, 11:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Lost Land T-Rex ( Public Playtesting )

Sounds like this should just be an 2000AD design then. Dinos hunting/running in packs says Raptor to me, T-Rexes are more often seen in a solitary or small family roles in my experience. While I wouldn't even think to describe a T-Rex as fodder. They tend to be portrayed as a fearsome and formidable encounter, rather then something easy to dispatch 1 on 1, but capable of overwhelming you with sheer numbers. I'm no dino expert though, just going based on what I've seen of T-Rexes in different pop culture mediums.

I think that is where the confusion is coming from, they just have a much different portrayal in 2000AD then they do in other places. No big deal, just hard for non-2000AD readers to understand the vision here and contribute.

I say stay the course, change the tag to 2000AD, name them after something from that world, continue to test 5 life/5 attack and see if that pulls them down to where you want them. If someone really wants a fearsome T-Rex card from the Savage Land or somewhere else, they can always LD their own card.

Just don't be surprised/shocked/upset when people who don't read 2000AD comics don't get the card and choose to play (or test) one of the other many cards we have to choose from that they do relate to. Everything doesn't need to be for everyone. There are many DC & Marvel cards I have no interest in playing, and I'm sure there are several C3Gers who will never use a Transformers card in one of their games. To each their own.
Old June 17th, 2019, 11:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree with that take.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 18th, 2019, 12:02 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Can we start a Dino faction thread so we all can see the eventual plan? That would help too.
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:55 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Sounds like this should just be an 2000AD design then. Dinos hunting/running in packs says Raptor to me, T-Rexes are more often seen in a solitary or small family roles in my experience. While I wouldn't even think to describe a T-Rex as fodder. They tend to be portrayed as a fearsome and formidable encounter, rather then something easy to dispatch 1 on 1, but capable of overwhelming you with sheer numbers. I'm no dino expert though, just going based on what I've seen of T-Rexes in different pop culture mediums.

I think that is where the confusion is coming from, they just have a much different portrayal in 2000AD then they do in other places. No big deal, just hard for non-2000AD readers to understand the vision here and contribute.

I say stay the course, change the tag to 2000AD, name them after something from that world, continue to test 5 life/5 attack and see if that pulls them down to where you want them. If someone really wants a fearsome T-Rex card from the Savage Land or somewhere else, they can always LD their own card.

Just don't be surprised/shocked/upset when people who don't read 2000AD comics don't get the card and choose to play (or test) one of the other many cards we have to choose from that they do relate to. Everything doesn't need to be for everyone. There are many DC & Marvel cards I have no interest in playing, and I'm sure there are several C3Gers who will never use a Transformers card in one of their games. To each their own.
This (though I'd still be perfectly happy to play a lower level T-Rex, as long as we eventually get a big, scary, proper T-Rex at some stage ).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:51 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Doesn't seem like they behave that way in the comics outside of 2000 AD.
That is because Old One Eye, Satanus and Golgotha only exist in 2000AD.

That is like saying ants only follow commands from a human in Marvel.

So what conclusion did we come to here? If they are named Sauron Valley T-Rex, everything is OK?
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You've scanned comics before. Do you have any for these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Doesn't seem like they behave that way in the comics outside of 2000 AD.
That is because Old One Eye, Satanus and Golgotha only exist in 2000AD.

That is like saying ants only follow commands from a human in Marvel.

So what conclusion did we come to here? If they are named Sauron Valley T-Rex, everything is OK?
Yeah, but Fire Ants aren't big scary creatures in one universe and dispensible fodder in another.
I'd be fine with them being called Sauron Valley or Mars T-Rexes, being given a class of Juvenile, having their stats dropped a bit and a smaller figure found, and moving ahead at 60, yeah - as long as the door remains open for a bigger, scarier T-Rex.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Yeah, but Fire Ants aren't big scary creatures in one universe and dispensible fodder in another.
Exactly. You can't say that this version of T-Rexes is based on comics, not reality, and then both not have a clear version of comics you're actually basing them on and go against how they're portrayed in 90% of comics without causing some consternation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 18th, 2019, 01:52 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The point is the ants are the same in Marvel or DC. The reason they act differently is because of Ant-Man, not the ants.
I think the same would hold true with T-Rex. If Old One Eye was put in a DC crossover, I would be surprised if they did not have her leading a pack of DC T-Rex.

Can Squirrel Girl only control Marvel squirrels? DC squirrels do not follow a person into battle but I think they would still follow her.
I think T-Rex from any setting would follow Old One Eye but that is only going off of what I have read in comics.
Old June 18th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

But T-Rex in Marvel, DC, and pretty much all other media are at a different power level than these. It seems that’s what Bats and LO are saying.
Old June 18th, 2019, 02:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

You want to make these guys fit into a faction that doesn't exist yet - that's the problem. We have a disconnect because we don't know what's in your head.

If the super dinos lead smaller dinos in 2000AD, make all your designs 2000AD. If other outliers fit in too, that's great, but not necessary. This is your baby, so make it all fit together.

Plus I don't see why the main T-Rex army can't be more than 1000 points. If the main hub fits into a 1400 army, I honestly think that massive dinosaurs are the army to do so. 1000 is a nice even number, but I'm not sure any of us test exclusively there anyway. I've done plenty of tests with larger point armies. I could totally see an Asgardian army throwing down with dinos. That'd be awesome. I really don't see Alfred and Robin being more powerful than a T-Rex - even a juvenile one.
Old June 18th, 2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
But T-Rex in Marvel, DC, and pretty much all other media are at a different power level than these. It seems that’s what Bats and LO are saying.
Then why is Beast Boy T-REX 60 points?
It looks like to me that they are exactly the same power level.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library