Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old October 15th, 2016, 03:07 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Virtualscape sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddityoverseer13 View Post
Hello heroscapers,

I hate to dig up an old thread, but this seems like the best place to put this.

I read through the thread, and noticed (as far as I can tell), that nobody ever created a repository for this stuff to live in. I went ahead and did that, here: https://github.com/oddityoverseer13/virtualscape

I would love to contribute to this project myself, but I am very bad with C/C++, so I'm not sure I will be able to. If anyone is interested in contributing to the project, go ahead and clone the repo and send me a pull request when you're ready. To quote Xotli from earlier in this thread, if the above is gobbledygook, you aren't ready to contribute to the project. Look into how git works.

I can tell you now, I probably won't be watching this thread very closely after maybe a day or two, but I do consistently watch github, so if you send me a message through there, I'll probably get back to you.

Also, I'm thinking of creating something akin to VirtualScape, but using HTML and Ruby, using TideSDK (which I am brand new to). The goal is to make something that will work cross-platform and uses some newer technologies. I'll post news about that when I get something usable.
@oddityoverseer13 did you happen to upload the changes necessary for it to compile with VS 2012 and later?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 15th, 2016, 09:06 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
@oddityoverseer13 did you happen to upload the changes necessary for it to compile with VS 2012 and later?
I have it compiling with VS2015 on Windows 10. I think you can see some of my work on a branch of the project that @oddityoverseer13 listed above. My progress in fixing warnings has been stop-and-go, and will continue at that pace.

--
--
--

--
Old June 4th, 2019, 10:47 PM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

Hi capsocrates, maybe I can help out with some bugfixes, I haven't used OpenGL but this would be a nice hobby project. Is the repo public for pushing changes, ( I haven't used github since my university project days...)
Old June 17th, 2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakeraistlin View Post
Hi capsocrates, maybe I can help out with some bugfixes, I haven't used OpenGL but this would be a nice hobby project. Is the repo public for pushing changes, ( I haven't used github since my university project days...)
It may be open to pull requests.

However, it looks like I did not commit my fork. I will try to have a look at the computer the code should be on and see if I still have it locally. It would be nice to be able to get it to compile in VS2015 if you're going to work on it!

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software