Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 20th, 2022, 06:09 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

I feel like it would be a travesty to spray my old figures into mono-color.

I’ve got two kids to use as free labor. Time to teach them (and myself) how to paint.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 20th, 2022, 11:48 AM

Classicsmiley is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post

I’ve got two kids to use as free labor. Time to teach them (and myself) how to paint.

I'm starting the process now of teaching mine. I picked up a tube of small plastic dinosaurs, and we started the priming process last night.

Old October 20th, 2022, 12:06 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Those who have never painted, rarely paint or don't care for it at all (raises hand), may have an advantage here. Novice level skills and using few colors should match the classic Scape figures nicely.

-insert signature here-
Old October 20th, 2022, 12:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post

I have been having fun painting Arena of the Planeswalkers figures with my kids. Army Painter Speedpaints for the win! Much faster and easier than traditional mini paints.

Note that when painting with your kids you have to accept that they will
- occasionally make strange color choices
- may not necessarily cover the entire figure with paint (i.e. primer will show through in places)
- will use one color for more parts of the figure than you might have. For example, my 9yo son is particularly prone to covering most of a figure's clothing in "hardened leather," which makes it look pretty dark/washed out on top of the darker primers I used on the first figures he painted.

I already had multiple AotP sets, but I've bought a few more off of eBay for (among other reasons) getting additional chances to try my hand at painting and making sure each of my kids has a chance to paint a given figure if they want to (without taking away from *my* chance to paint the figure the way I want it to look).

This is one of the reasons I'm getting multiple AoA Vanguard sets too.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 26th, 2022, 03:38 PM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
While I can't answer that question myself, I can say generally that I am impressed at your restraint in contributing on the boards, old-timer. I thought, when I picked my user name in 2007, that I'd never be posting anyway, so it didn't matter if it was dumb.
Was this post a response to mine?

If so, I was more or less a kid back then. My family didn't have a computer so when my dad took us to his workplace to use his computer, the first two sites I would visit would be the orignal Heroscape site that went down years ago and then Heroscapers. Lurked ever since, and I've always been more of lurker in general anyway.

This probably should be in the intro forums and not here but my online board awareness meter is near zero
Old October 30th, 2022, 06:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Speaking of painting, I'm surprised more people don't say they've redone some of their 24 hex terrain into sand, snow, etc. Just be careful not to spray the edges!

I have both sand and snow 24 hexers, that a pal bought for us online from two different posters years ago. The sand is perfect, but I've had to work on the snow because the edges were sprayed and stick together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion