Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old October 9th, 2019, 03:56 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Storm Design

I like her a lot. I'm not sure about the sentence, "If you roll at least one skull, you may move any defending small or medium figures that do not roll any excess shields up to 1 space for each skull rolled in the attack.". It seems a little convoluted. Is it derived from official verbiage?

Maybe something like this with a little tweaking...
Quote:
For each chosen small or medium figure, if you rolled more skulls in the attack than shields rolled in defense, you may move that figure up to 1 space for each skull rolled.
Old October 9th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For each skull you rolled against a figure that does not roll more shields in defense, move that figure up to 1 space.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 9th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Two of my favorite people (and Scape Legends) already checking out my post and offering excellent points. This is great, it feels like old times already. Enough so that you guys inspired me to jump on here during work hours... shhhh.

Yes, I agree with you both that the current sentence is rough and really appreciate the help in making it better. And no, there is not an official wording precedent so we are good to get creative. The mechanical idea was to use the same trigger moment as Counter Strike. Counter Strike refers to excess shields and is an easily identifiable situation to recognize. The theme aspect is that if you have more defense dice, or double your shields, or have automatic shields, you're less likely to get blown back than a figure with really light defense. I did, however, want a figure who blocks the attack to still possibly be blown back. Think of it as any excess shields are used to hold your ground against the winds.

So the question is, how do I word it so that once the dice are rolled, you easily know how to play the situation? Using Bat's suggestion:

"For each skull you rolled against a figure that does not roll any excess shields in defense, move that figure up to 1 space."

One thing I didn't think about, and may need a playtest, is a defending figure like Dr. Strange who blocks all damage with only one shield. He could get blown a lot more often than other people. The TMNT also, but watching any squad figures get blown back is both thematic and funny. Dr. Strange has got my head scratching.

Thanks again for helping me out guys, I miss the old days and wish my life was a little more stable with enough time to chat all night like we used to.

EDIT: Hmmm, if Dr. Strange or TMNT roll two shields, isn't that enough to prevent the blow back? 1 shield to block all damage, the second shield is excess. Hm, may not be so bad after all.
Old October 9th, 2019, 11:45 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That’s an interesting interaction where having excess shields isn’t necessarily the same thing as having more shields than skulls. I definitely think you are translating it correctly, based on established precedent.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2019, 12:07 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That’s an interesting interaction where having excess shields isn’t necessarily the same thing as having more shields than skulls. I definitely think you are translating it correctly, based on established precedent.
Thanks, Bats, I changed the Storm post to reflect your suggestion with the "excess shield" wording used.

On a side note, I has some family over tonight and although my nephew is way too busy living life in Brooklyn, both of his sisters brought over their boyfriends. Both of them saw our board set up from the weekend and said, "What the heck is that?!?!?"

I would have never guessed that the 30 year old played Warhammer and Heroclix many years ago and the 23 year old loved board games like Risk. My sons asked if they wanted to demo with us and instantly I had two nieces a little annoyed that their boyfriends were playing with their cousins rather than chatting it up with the ladies.

We ran a quick skirmish game and got to playtest more of my new designs. The good news is that my boys absolutely loved the way the new figures played. They each have a new favorite for their armies. The better news is that both boyfriends asked if they could come over sometime and play again... even if the girls didn't want to come over. I guess I better stock my fridge with more beer.
Old October 10th, 2019, 12:32 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That's awesome! Glad to see your're still designing and testing your great designs. I always loved how elegant and flavorful all of your designs felt.
Old October 10th, 2019, 06:23 AM

Heh. You're doing the good work and spreading the word, sir!

Old October 10th, 2019, 06:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The power of Heroscape just from a visual perspective is impressive.
Old October 11th, 2019, 10:58 PM
Captain Underpants

Clearing out the chest of designs that have been in the works literally for years. Continuing with the X-men...

MARVEL

JEAN GREY

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
PSYCHIC
REPRESSED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 4
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

TELEPATHIC LINK
Before revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with any figure you control, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may move one unrevealed Order Marker from any Army Card you control to any other Army Card you control. Jean Grey may only use Telepathic Link once per round.

PHOENIX FORCE
When Jean Grey is attacking or defending, and isn't already affected by Phoenix Force, before rolling combat dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each wound marker on this card. If you roll 19 or higher, all figures adjacent to Jean Grey immediately receive 1 wound and Jean Grey is affected by Phoenix Force for all remaining rounds until Jean Grey is destroyed. When affected by Phoenix Force add 3 to the Range, Attack and Defense values on this card and Jean Grey cannot use her Telekinetic Link Special Power.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Jean Grey's movement, ignore elevations. Jean Grey may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Jean Grey starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER-STRENGTH

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 14th, 2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old October 12th, 2019, 01:53 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Another great MH addition.

In my opinion you shouldn't need the "(s)" as "any" would cover single or many figures.

I don't recall "triggered" as a term used in HS. I believe the only similar term I have seen in HS is "use". As in, "... may use Stealth Leap...". Having said that I don't know if you can make the "use" work in this case to achieve what you are after so you may just have to accept that you are creating a new term in your household HS that isn't part of the official HS.
Old October 12th, 2019, 11:10 AM

Thematically is what she's doing really "flying"? Or just a mechanically similar but thematically different thing (telepathic levitation?)

You don't roll "attack" dice on defense. Maybe use "combat dice"?

Old October 12th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Captain Underpants

You guys are so good. Thanks for jumping in the 'verse with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Another great MH addition.

In my opinion you shouldn't need the "(s)" as "any" would cover single or many figures.
So I'm glad to hear you say that. I don't like using the "(s)" but wasn't sure if I needed it to account for squads. I guess even activating squads start with a single figure first and the word "any" is there as you say. I would be happy to get rid of the "(s)" if it's not needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I don't recall "triggered" as a term used in HS. I believe the only similar term I have seen in HS is "use". As in, "... may use Stealth Leap...". Having said that I don't know if you can make the "use" work in this case to achieve what you are after so you may just have to accept that you are creating a new term in your household HS that isn't part of the official HS.
This I struggled with for a long time so I'm looking for help. For a while I used "activated" and "active" in the power but I know that Heroscape specifically calls out "activate" as in on your turn you "activate" a figure. It's not used in Special Powers. I did find the word referring to a power as "triggered" in an official Hasbro FAQ somewhere so that's what made me settle on that term. I'll gladly change it with a little help if there is something more official.

What about:

PHOENIX FORCE
Before Jean Grey rolls combat dice, either for attacking an opponent’s figure or for defending against any attack from an opponent’s figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll a 19 or higher, all figures adjacent to Jean Grey immediately receive 1 wound and Jean Grey is affected by Phoenix Force. Add 3 to the Range, Attack and Defense values on this card for all remaining rounds until Jean Grey is destroyed. When Jean Grey is affected by her Phoenix Force Special Power, she may no longer use her Telekinetic Link Special Power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Thematically is what she's doing really "flying"? Or just a mechanically similar but thematically different thing (telepathic levitation?)

You don't roll "attack" dice on defense. Maybe use "combat dice"?
"Combat" dice, right! Nice catch.

As for Flying, I may be open to a change to Levitate. Mechanically though, I don't really see a difference and when she does "trigger" Phoenix Force, thematically she flies more than levitates, doesn't she? With that said, Levitate does intrigue me because then Storm wouldn't have an advantage when fighting her and any other figure that can negate Flying wouldn't be able to affect Jean Grey... And that might be a fun thing.

Ultimately though, I'm not sure if the complication is worth it. Just like the Invisible Woman "flies", Jean Grey may do the same.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations