Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 27th, 2017, 04:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Bolt - Initial Playtesting

Personally, I'd prefer something more like Thor's power (d20 roll to do multiple points of damage) but at least this version forces you to lose a bunch of figures before killing all the low life units.
Old June 27th, 2017, 05:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Personally, I'd prefer something more like Thor's power (d20 roll to do multiple points of damage) but at least this version forces you to lose a bunch of figures before killing all the low life units.
A D20 roll with +1 per wound marker on black bolt to sell the last hope theme perhaps.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 27th, 2017, 06:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't like the d20 idea at all. Leaves it open to d20 manipulators and now what is to stop you from using in on R1, T1?
Old June 27th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I don't like the d20 idea at all. Leaves it open to d20 manipulators and now what is to stop you from using in on R1, T1?
I don't think dok is objecting to the dynamic where you need some Inhumans to go down first before you can use the power, just the part where wounds are being dealt by rolling several unblockable dice instead of a lump sum of 2-3 wounds based on a d20 roll.

The d20 roll does open the door for d20 manipulators, but since the power requires Black Bolt and a few other Inhumans (all fairly high-cost figures, bar Lockjaw), it wouldn't strike me as too concerning. It's not like it'd be easy to throw Batman and a bunch of JL Marker figures into an Inhumans build.

The big difference between piecemeal unblockable damage and the d20 lump sum of damage is that rolling a bunch of unblockable dice is much more punishing for Commons/Squads. 1 Life figures only care about whether they took damage or not, and rolling several unblockables gives them a very small chance to make it through unscathed.
Old June 28th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I like how the unblockables bypasses some defensive powers (particularly anti-D20 powers), since Black Bolt's voice is supposed to be super powerful. And if it's balanceable, Black Bolt being good against squads seem pretty thematic; him getting angry and leveling an entire army has happened before.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old September 17th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
So our first priority is getting Black Bolt ready so that we can have the Inhumans ready. @Viegon I'm assuming you were just waiting on his initial so that you could have Karnak finalized beforehand, but let me know if you need help running it. I'm working on setting up a map now, so I'll be back in testing action imminently.
I was at first, but I just haven't had the time or energy for playtesting lately. If someone else wants to take up his Initial, I'd appreciate it.
Picking this up from the wave planning thread - I can get his initial. Where did you want me to start him on cost? Anything specific you're looking for me to test?
Old September 17th, 2017, 04:06 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I think I was going to try him in the 360-400 points range to start. He really just needs tested in Inhuman heavy builds, obviously; probably have to go with pretty big armies.

Old September 17th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Symbiotic

Alright, cool. I should have some results up for you soon.
Old September 17th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Black Bolt

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Black Bolt @365, Medusa, Karnak, Lockjaw (1075) vs Ms. Marvel, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Doctor Doom (C3G) (1075)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Black Bolt @370, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon (1200) vs Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Superboy (Kon-El), Red Robin, Cyborg (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Black Bolt @390, Medusa, Karnak, Lockjaw (1100) vs Mister Fantastic, Human Torch (Johnny), Invisible Woman, The Thing, Ragdoll (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Floated the points up and down a bit here, and two of these matches turned out very close. I think 380 would probably be a safe place to start, but I could run a couple more games if you want to be on firmer ground before going into public testing.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Feels very Black Bolt-y. I didn't find myself leaping to A Whispered Word, but some of that was down to match-ups (and it's not unthematic for him to favor a normal attack anyway). He has an interesting dynamic with Medusa - she's a slightly softer target and taking her down is the quickest way to shut down Inhuman bonding, but Black Bolt is such a big gun that he can still draw fire away from her.
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:16 AM

Thanks Ronin!

Looking pretty set to me. I like seeing that his voice powers got used but only minimally, that's pretty themey. I think we could go ahead and send him forward at 380.

Old September 18th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Symbiotic

Yeah, I felt like the voice powers are in the right place. Voice of Destruction is very likely to be used if he outlives his team. I ended up thinking of Whispered Word mainly as a way to get some offense out of him, but still keep him adjacent to Medusa, when he didn't want to leave her side for a normal attack.
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:52 AM

That was my hope, so I'm glad it played that way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library