Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dalek Armor power do you like best? (See the OP)
Armor Option 1 0 0%
Armor Option 2 1 11.11%
Armor Option 3 0 0%
Armor Option 4 5 55.56%
Two Shield Defense 2 22.22%
Tough 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

All solid feedback there.

Do you have any other ideas for Aikido representation, Yodaking?

It might be worth dropping either that (and rolling it into stats) or the Vehicle thing (so you don't have to mess with Vehicle rules compatibility).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2018, 09:51 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yes. One of the things our CRB (Competitive Review Board - @dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer ) tends to focus on in feedback is avoiding "negative play experiences." If I'm in a situation where my Android or Cyborg or whatever is the focus of my army and I'm playing Doctor Who, he can easily reduce my card to just its stats for the majority of the matchup, barring initiative switches. Which basically means I'm reduced to playing basic Heroscape against him and he doesn't even have to hit a D20 roll for the privilege.
Okay, that makes sense.

I liked having it negate until your next OM so you could negate end of the round effects like Cyber-conversion, but changing to ending at the end of the turn would be okay by me. So would adding a D20 roll, or even both if needed. My main goal right now is to keep the text in the power down, so if we start doing a lot of that, maybe we should go back to it being an e-glyph?
The cleanest, easiest thing would be to make it just last for his turn. So Doc can negate and get in his damage that way and they'll be back to full function by the opposing player's turn.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
On the Sonic Screwdriver I'd prefer the negation ended at the end of the Doctor's turn, so it basically negates defensive powers rather than everything. Otherwise, you win initiative, Dr. Negates Red Tornado or Cyborg on OM3, they get negated for that OM, for their OM3 reveal, then if you lose initiative for their OM1 as well. That's a lot of negation taking place at no cost, plus negating Cyber Repair X is kind of cruel as it's not a very strong power to begin with.
Okay that sounds like a reasonable change.
Quote:
So Akido is MMA + figure switch then? That seems off to me. It should be more distinctive than just a figure switch tacked on to MMA or even CCE.
His fighting mostly consisted of karate chops and flips. How could that be represented? I tried to show flips with the Zangief-style figure swap.
Quote:
Just a head's up, 4 power cards often meet a lot of resistance. If you made 6 doctor cards each with 3 powers and then felt like the next doctor card really needed to have 4 powers to properly represent that character you would most likely be given a green light, but making every doctor a 4 power card will never fly and if the plan is only for this one doctor to be a 4 power card then I wouldn't make him the first doctor I tried to LD.
Thanks for telling me. I think a lot of Doctors might end up in the 4 power range, but I'll try to avoid it when I can. I think it's agreed the First Doctor should be the first one made, as he's the one without regeneration.
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
It might be worth dropping either that (and rolling it into stats) or the Vehicle thing (so you don't have to mess with Vehicle rules compatibility).
Okay, we could probably drop Adept Operator, although it's already a power that exists with Lady Blackhawk. I think his space karate is probably the biggest thing that needs to be on there.

One big element of the 3rd Doc's tenure was that he was stranded on Earth and worked for the military organization UNIT as a scientific advisor/general wold-saver. I represented that in my original drafts by giving the leader of UNIT a way to "deputize" him in a sense so the Doctor could have his own adventures without being tied into a synergy web. However, a small soldier synergy would be highly thematic and be a good choice for a new 4h power if we wanted one.
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:10 PM

Hmmm ... lemme think a minute.

Old September 6th, 2018, 10:18 PM

NAME = THE DOCTOR
SECRET IDENTITY = III

SPECIES = TIME LORD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WANDERER
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

IMMORTAL GENIUS

Start the game with the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver on this card. At the start of the game you may place The Doctor on this card instead of your start zone. If another Doctor you control is destroyed and this Doctor has not yet been placed on the battlefield, before destroyed that Doctor you may switch that Doctor with this one.

LEADER OF UNIT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, after taking a turn with The Doctor you may (something, something Unit bonding).

VENUSIAN AIKIDO
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with The Doctor's normal attack, you may attack one additional time. If The Doctor inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent small or medium figure with his normal attack, you may switch The Doctor and the chosen figure. Switched figures never take leaving engagement attacks.

This combines the basics of each Doctor into a single up top power and leaves you design space for two unique powers for each Doctor.

With the way the screwdriver works, it'd be really nice to take advantage of it offensively, so I went all in on the offensive front here with the streamlining of the Aikido and idea of the Unit Leadership power being after taking a turn with The Doctor.

I'm hoping that turning the Aikido into a double attack with each attack potentially causing for switching will help it feel more active, unique, and dynamic. I could almost see making the switch a "must."

Old September 6th, 2018, 10:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Do you have any other ideas for Aikido representation, Yodaking?

I was trying to think of something to suggest when I first posted but it's getting hard to come up with new martial arts stuff, especially when you're not an expert on Akido or at least how it's portrayed in that show. Lazy has a different Martial Arts power on Splinter, I've got one on Bronze Tiger, both of which are not yet released so I'm trying to stay away from what they do without spilling the beans.

If it's mostly chops and flips then I'd maybe let him flip away after being attacked (ala Nightwing/HQ without the 1 shield defense), or maybe flip over the person before attacking to grab high ground away from them. The Warforged from classic have a switch power that might be worth looking at. I don't believe you need to deal a wound for their switch, it just happens before the attack roll.
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
If it's mostly chops and flips then I'd maybe let him flip away after being attacked (ala Nightwing/HQ without the 1 shield defense), or maybe flip over the person before attacking to grab high ground away from them. The Warforged from classic have a switch power that might be worth looking at. I don't believe you need to deal a wound for their switch, it just happens before the attack roll.
I guess I didn't describe it right; he doesn't flip around, the actor was in his 50s. I think the word I was looking for was throws. Bad guys come at him and he flips them around so they end up lying on the ground. I'll see if I can find a video.

Give me a little bit to absorb IAmB's take and I'll comment on that.
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
NAME = THE DOCTOR
SECRET IDENTITY = III

SPECIES = TIME LORD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WANDERER
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

IMMORTAL GENIUS

Start the game with the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver on this card. At the start of the game you may place The Doctor on this card instead of your start zone. If another Doctor you control is destroyed and this Doctor has not yet been placed on the battlefield, before destroyed that Doctor you may switch that Doctor with this one.

LEADER OF UNIT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, after taking a turn with The Doctor you may (something, something Unit bonding).

VENUSIAN AIKIDO
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with The Doctor's normal attack, you may attack one additional time. If The Doctor inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent small or medium figure with his normal attack, you may switch The Doctor and the chosen figure. Switched figures never take leaving engagement attacks.

This combines the basics of each Doctor into a single up top power and leaves you design space for two unique powers for each Doctor.

With the way the screwdriver works, it'd be really nice to take advantage of it offensively, so I went all in on the offensive front here with the streamlining of the Aikido and idea of the Unit Leadership power being after taking a turn with The Doctor.

I'm hoping that turning the Aikido into a double attack with each attack potentially causing for switching will help it feel more active, unique, and dynamic. I could almost see making the switch a "must."
I think the idea of a single "Doctor" power is a good idea. The only reason I kept them separate is because some Doctors shouldn't have screwdriver, but maybe those Doctors can just have their own powers, or maybe we can just bend the rules and give all of them after One screwdrivers. Six is the only other one who absolutely never had a screwdriver, although Five and Seven are usually considered "screwdriver-free Doctors" as well. It wouldn't be too outlandish.

I would maybe like a rename though. Time Lord Adventurer, Wanderer in the 4th Dimension, Time Lord Renegade, anything like that I personally think would fit him better.

Once again, maybe I muddled what I was saying a bit; The Doctor himself isn't the leader of UNIT, more of a hired hand. Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart was the leader of UNIT and I had a power on his card to bring the Doctor into the Soldier/UNIT synergy web.

The Doctor probably shouldn't be a leader of Soldiers, but something that allows him to do the Doctor thing and then have some soldiers run in and shoot the enemy dead would be cool. Maybe like;
Quote:
SCIENTIFIC ADVISOR
Enemy figures adjacent to the Doctor subtract 1 from their defense when attacked by a Soldier you control.
The martial arts I'm very open on, anything that works and feels cool would be awesome.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:06 PM

I typed about four different power names before arriving on that one. Getting "he invents cool stuff" and "he regenerates" under one thematic umbrella was a tough one. But I'm certainly open to other names.

For the ones that don't use the screwdriver, just don't use that power. Should be easy enough to use the Regeneration power instead or use whatever's appropriate instead.

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't think I'd include any defense subtraction powers on the Doctors since the last Dalek design I saw had them with just 2 defense die.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:14 PM
Just A Head

Here's a general example of his style of combat. Maybe a better alternative would be a defensive power?
Quote:
VENUSIAN AIKIDO
If an adjacent figure attacks the Doctor with a normal attack, you may add an automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If the Doctor does not receive any wounds, you may place the attacking figure on any space adjacent to the Doctor.
So an enemy attacks them, but he deflects the attack and throws them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy