Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old August 12th, 2013, 10:50 AM

Tigerscaper Woo who?
3D printers.

With the increasing popularity and affordability of 3D printers, has anyone ever considered scanning the Heroscape figures for a library of figure templates. That way, if anyone is missing figures, they can just download a 3D template and print the figure out. This would be incredibly useful for all the rare, expensive, or hard-to-find figures (ie. Aquilla’s Alliance). I do realize that 3D printers are expensive now, but I do see the prices dropping enough in the next 2-3 years to the point where it's possible for many people to have them in their homes (or at the very least, have access to one at school or work).
Just throwing this idea out there. Anybody with any thoughts? Comments?
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 3D printers.

It's a good idea. One that's been tossed around quite a bit here recently.

Here's a recent thread on the topic: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49077
Old September 12th, 2016, 06:43 AM

ray_davies is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I love this idea. I have a lot of figures and terrain which are considered rare, but there are also figures and scenery which I am missing. I would have no problem with people copying my stuff and would hope that people would do the same for me.

I hate collectors (The ones who collect games simply to make money off them and never play them) You know who you are.

Games are there to be played.

My example is Ticala Jungle. This is a set I really want, but will have to pay an extravagant amount for if I want it. It's only a toy after all. I don't really care about boxes (Although all of mine still have their boxes) I just want to play the bloody thing.

The game isn't made anymore. If the publishers have a problem with this idea, maybe they should consider making the series again. It looks like it would be popular.
Old September 14th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerscaper View Post
With the increasing popularity and affordability of 3D printers, has anyone ever considered scanning the Heroscape figures for a library of figure templates. That way, if anyone is missing figures, they can just download a 3D template and print the figure out. This would be incredibly useful for all the rare, expensive, or hard-to-find figures (ie. Aquilla’s Alliance). I do realize that 3D printers are expensive now, but I do see the prices dropping enough in the next 2-3 years to the point where it's possible for many people to have them in their homes (or at the very least, have access to one at school or work).
Just throwing this idea out there. Anybody with any thoughts? Comments?
We've already started this.

See this link: Hexscape

Up to Wave 5 has been completed with bases (cleaned up, ready to play). See the links for those.

Some other units have been scanned, given bases, and are ready for integration (such as the figures from the Swarm of the Marro), but they need finale integration to be ready for Hexscape.

Most of the other figures have been scanned and are awaiting cleanup and bases.
(see Autodesk library)

The figures that have not yet been scanned include:
Einar Imperium
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Ashigaru Yari
Ashigaru Harquebus
Rechets of Bogdan
Iskra Esenwein
Kyntela Gwyn
Gurei-Oni
Wo-Sa-Ga
Sujoah
Agent Skahen
Mohican River Tribe
Capuan Gladiators
Marro Dividers
Protectors of Ullar
Granite Guardians
Quasatch Hunters
Death Knights of Valkrill
Ogre Pulverizer
Frost Giant of Morh
Death Chasers of Thesk
Forever Valiant Samuel Brown

Also, I've scanned some C3V figures and some HoSS figures but not all of them.

Last edited by White Knight; September 14th, 2016 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fixed Forever Valiant
Old September 14th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Who is Forever Valiant?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 14th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Who is Forever Valiant?
Samuel Brown (see here)
Old September 14th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Right on.
Thanks.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:48 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

The Tabletop simulator mod for Heroscape has some additional units beyond what is in the current HexScape releases. So we do have Samuel Brown, Einar Imperium, Agent Skahen, Granite Guardians and Quasatch Hunters.

Which leaves the following missing:

Marvel Master Set:
Captain America
Spiderman
Iron Man
Silver Surfer
Incredible Hulk
Thanos
Dr Doom
Abomination
Red Skull
Venom

Wave 6:
Shades of Bleakewoode
Tagawa Samurai Archers

Wave 7:
Ashigaru Harquebus
Ashigaru Yari
Iskra Esenwein
Kyntela Gwyn
Rechets of Bogdan

Wave 8.5:
Gurei-Oni
Sujoah
Wo-Sa-Ga

Wave 9:
Capuan Gladiators
Marro Dividers
Mohican River Tribe
Tul-Bak-Ra
Protectors of Ullar

Wave D2:
Blue Wyrmling

Wave D3:
Death Chasers of Thesk
Death Knights of Valkrill
Frost Giant of Morh

Also we only have a single model scanned for most squads.

The tabletop simulator mod assets are actually hosted in the cloud, the Steam workshop download is simply metadata for the game specifying the URLs of these assets and how they are used. Here is a link to a text file which should contain the URLs for every asset in the tabletop simulator mod. A large portion of it will be the terrain tile, props and army card assets but line 523 onwards lists the assets for the figures. Each entry is in the format:

Name of diffuse mesh (generally in the region of 4k triangles)
URL of diffuse mesh (Wavefront .obj format)
URL of diffuse texture host 1
URL of diffuse texture host 2
Name of collision mesh (a <255 triangle non-convex collision mesh)
URL of collision mesh (Wavefront .obj format)
URL of army card advanced side host 1
URL of army card advanced side host 2

Last edited by Dissonance; November 2nd, 2016 at 02:46 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software