Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM

mariogolbee is surprisingly tart
Re: The "I'm new here" Thread!!!

Hello,

I started lurking on this site a month or so back just to look at stats, etc. I ended up creating an account and here I am! I hope to meet up with some of the Bay Area, CA folks for the upcoming tourney on the 15th. They have been pretty welcoming to me thus far.

I recently watched a video from Tom Vasel on Heroscape and was instantly hooked. Since then I have only played a handful of games, all with my daughter, but have picked up everything 'Scape I could find. However, collecting 'Scape is not exactly easy or inexpensive right now, as you all know.

Well, thank you for having me here. I look forward to playing with many of you, trading with some, and participating in threads and discussions in the future. I have one question to attach to this post; Is there a "banter" thread where groups or folks in general can just BS? I've searched, but can find nothing of the sort.

~Mario

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Good trades with OverEngineered, apersonwholives, and phil413ican.
Old September 26th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome mariogolbee!

Although there is no "banter thread", this is a forum that doesn't really need one. Many threads get some fun jokes in

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM

mariogolbee is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Welcome mariogolbee!

Although there is no "banter thread", this is a forum that doesn't really need one. Many threads get some fun jokes in
Thank you for the welcome, flameslayer!

Thank you for your response! I have seen some good humor here. I have also seen a lot of people getting flamed for being a little off topic, etc. I am in the early buying and trading stage of 'Scape. I get excited at certain procurements and have been trying to find a suitable place to share this excitement as well as have some general discussion. I don't know of anyone who would be stoked about me getting my first flag barer, for example.

My favorite board has banter threads for locals discussing anything and everything. This seems to me to lend to greater cohesion of the groups.

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Good trades with OverEngineered, apersonwholives, and phil413ican.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site mariogolbee. If you are looking for some general discussion among locals, perhaps try the Meet other Scapers board. I am not sure if general banter would be encouraged but this might be the place to look into it.

I like your positive attitude. Good to hear new people keep finding this great game. An epic journey awaits... peace

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey, I haven't posted here yet! Does that mean I count as new?

In that case, hi guys!
Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post

In that case, hi guys!
Get out of here and into the RoV thread.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post

In that case, hi guys!
Get out of here and into the RoV thread.
Ah, shoot. Looks like I did miss a 1st post update...
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi! I'm Samuelfrost4's brother, so I know a bunch of people here already, sort of. But since I just made an account, I guess I qualify as new.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Hi! I'm Samuelfrost4's brother, so I know a bunch of people here already, sort of. But since I just made an account, I guess I qualify as new.
Welcome to the site, here's a little posrep to help you get started. Don't lose it right away
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Welcome Evar-Scarcarver! You'll like it here, if you need any help with anything. Feal free to PM or just ask for assistance!

Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:46 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome!

So your Tobias?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 3rd, 2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Hola, btw
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Welcome!

So your Tobias?
Hey, he is... Math geniuses unite! What were you, 3 years ahead of your age for math? Same with me...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General