Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 6th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Videtta is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Caves???

I was looking through the hundreds and hundreds of battle fields for a big deep cave with no clear line of sight through them and to short for the big figures. Is there any cave system in battle field? And how would you determine line of sight for some figure deep in the cave that you could not see from the outside? or would it only be able to attack figures butting up against it? And what about things like lava in a deep cave, could you then inadvertantly push your figure onto lava because you could not see around the corner?

so my question is has anyone designed a cave battlefield that i just did not see?
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Caves???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videtta View Post
so my question is has anyone designed a cave battlefield that i just did not see?
I'm not sure, but you could make your own, and they aren't that difficult.
Quote:
And how would you determine line of sight for some figure deep in the cave that you could not see from the outside? or would it only be able to attack figures butting up against it? And what about things like lava in a deep cave, could you then inadvertantly push your figure onto lava because you could not see around the corner?
If you can't see them, you can't attack them.
You can only attack figures that you can see in any case.
It is treated as if your figures know where everything is.
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
And how would you determine line of sight for some figure deep in the cave that you could not see from the outside? or would it only be able to attack figures butting up against it? And what about things like lava in a deep cave, could you then inadvertantly push your figure onto lava because you could not see around the corner?
All those problems are exactly why there aren't many cave battlefields out there.
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm... I thought this was someone who didn't know about CoN... oh well.

Anyway, my advice for making a "Cave" is that you build a seprate map to represent the cave and have figures be able to move into it when they move onto a designated entrance square from the main map.

Finally, as far as I can tell, your questions all have to do with a very large, completely enclosed cave that you cannot see into... if I'm correct then you'll just have to take the top off.
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:27 AM

LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker

I made a big cave a while back, but it used so many pieces that I didn't record instructions:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...045#post952045

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion