Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old January 9th, 2011, 12:33 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dominion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
I played a LOT of standard Dominion (mostly on BSW, but plenty face-to-face). But apart from the Intrigue cards that made it to BSW, I've not played much Intrigue, very little Seaside, some Alchemy and no Prosperity. I didn't get bored with the game - I just put it to one side until I found a carrying solution that could handle more than 35 Action cards (the limit on my shop-bought carycase.

This week should see me finish - after about 6 months of work - an oak carrying case. Almost ruined lots of work last night when I discovered that you really, really have to drill pilot holes if you're screwing into oak (because otherwise you shred brass screws, and if the heads shred before they are fully in, you've got a HUGE problem). But all that's left to do now is to screw the top half on square, then add the catches and handles.

I have two photos of the work progress here (together with pics of the prototype, big enough to hold just the base game):
http://picasaweb.google.com/RDewsber...eat=directlink

The finished case will be big enough to hold everything up to and including Cornucopia (if you don't know, I'm not authorised to tell you), but no expansions past that. So I'll have to stop buying (but 130+ different actions will be enough, won't it?).

I've also been supplying people with perfectly-sized sleeves. I think I imported almost 100,000 card sleeves from Korea (and have just 2,000 left).
That's a beautiful box! But how do you find the card set you're looking for without labels?

Old January 9th, 2011, 02:13 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation

The slots are separated by about 6mm, and the cards stand vertically. As all the cards have their title printed across the top, it's simply a matter of looking down into the box at approximately 45 degrees. Much better than the usual "tabbed dividers" solution.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old January 15th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Better pictures of the finished box:

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Still needs some trimming on half a dozen of the slots (not *quite* wide enough, so some elbow grease with a small file required), I want to put on some sort of restraining strap to prevent the lid opening by more than 95 degrees, and I want to try to use my bandsaw to cut some fine veneer that will hide the magnets used on the compartments in the top right.

Which I should have done today, instead of just lazing round the house.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

Old January 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Wow, this is a beauty. I wish I had the patience and skill required to do something similar. Kudos on a stunning case.
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:33 PM

In all honesty I don't think I'd over-emphasize the "skill" part. Everything I've done I have learned either from the woodwork lessons I had at school aged 11 and 12 (here in the UK we don't teach youngsters useful stuff like woodwork any more), time spent on the internet and actually *trying* stuff over the last 12 months or so.

A good 80% of the end result is all about going slowly and carefully (the old carpenter's maxim being "measure twice, cut once", because Foxtrot Uniforms are hard to fix), and being prepared to be patient with the finishing - lots of coats of Danish oil with lots of sanding before and during. I spent a lot of time on this (having graduated from pencil boxes with sliding lids only a few months before) but I'm really pleased with the end result.

I've done all the fettling now (apart from a strap/chain to stop the box opening too far - still trying to work out how to attach one when I made no allowance for it in the design), and have used it a couple of times too. Having all 100+ actions arranged alphabetically makes selecting the required ten for a game that much easier. Though IF I was doing it all again, I'd probably make a few changes to the layout (as well as making the whole thing 20mm shorter).

My next project is trolley/butcher block for my kitchen. Oh see how quickly my projects become mundane once 'er indoors gets a say in what I make!

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:55 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just found out there is an Android Ap for dominon. It is called Androiminion.
Old February 20th, 2011, 02:07 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

I just played my first game today. Bought it hoping that 50 bucks would be well spent and it didn't disappoint! This game easily reaches my top 5 list. Even if you are hesitant on getting it because of price it is well worth it. Can't wait to get some of the expansions.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old February 23rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Just started playing this 2 weeks ago and I love it. Great, fun game. I also discovered the online game and who did I run into there... Necroblade! It was nice to play with someone from this community there (although he trashed me pretty good )

Scapers are everywhere!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:06 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

I have two questions. With 80 dollars, which sets should I get? How do you play online in english?

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I have two questions. With 80 dollars, which sets should I get? How do you play online in english?
I'd go with the base set, and Seaside, however I haven't tried Alchemy yet. When we've had set ups with alot of Intrigue cards people tend to get annoyed with how many attack/pseudo-attack cards show up.

Though there is also this option . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 20th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

See, the more interaction the better, though if you have no defense cards the game can drag on.

I wouldn't recommend the Big Box simply because Alchemy is probably the weakest set - it doesn't mix well because you have to add a resource card for many of the kingdom cards to work.

Regular + Intrigue is really fun though as they blend very well with random mixing.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Anybody know what the Walled City card is. I suck at browsing BGG. I saw it over on Isotropic. Rumor has it that it's a new promo card.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games