Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 25th, 2008, 11:41 PM

goodlatte is surprisingly tart
Re: South Florida April Game Day

James will be there tomorrow at 10am to help build so cool-ass battlefields! See you shortly!

goodlatte
Old April 26th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Thumbs up Re: South Florida April Game Day

Thanks to everyone who came. I hope everyone had fun--I did (even if that last game with Anthony was a personal low for me...).

Anyhow, we ended up with 12 people there, so not bad--our biggest game yet. And perhaps enough to now warrant a tournament. What do you all think?

Joey at WnP was saying that we could do a release day tournament--he could get in all of Wave 8 and Wave 8.5 (the large terrain and dragon sets--with Jungle, Spiders, an Einar Dragon, Aquilla's first non-exclusive figures, and lots more...).

They usually do like a $5 entry fee and then they could give Wave 8 product as prizes, etc.

What do you all think?

Again, thanks to everyone who came and especially those that came early and helped set up, those that helped take down, and to Blue Dane for bringing extra units and WinterIsComing for bringing extra terrain--even though we ended up needing one less map than expected...
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:40 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart

Mmirg, thanks for organizing the gameday. My family and I had lots of fun. A tournament sounds very good since we're getting more people involved. A $5 entry fee sounds very reasonable; although I'm open to any type of tournament procedures.

Again, thanks for a great gameday.

By the way, I stopped at the Walmart in Cooper city and although they didn't have ROTV, they did have SOTM for $15. So I grabbed one and a set of Reavers (can't have too many of them).

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
I also have confirmations from Blue Dane and his boys, so this is sounding good. It looks like 8 confirmed--lfvjh, is your brother coming? And there are still a few other players I know who are looking into it.

We should be able to do two 2v2 maps, plus some smaller 1v1 maps as well. If interest is high enough (i.e. people come out), then we should be able to host a real tournament soon (end of May with the Con that's coming to South Florida).

BTW, anyone else bringing a friend? Feel free to share the word a bit.
Old April 12th, 2008, 04:22 PM

lfvjh has disabled reputation
I'm going for sure but for my brother I'm not sure if he will flake on me. By that week's Wednesday I'll have a pretty good idea if he going or not.

Its looking pretty good so far!
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Adrian Monk

Just wanted to point out the Florida Frenzy 1.5 coming up this summer. I missed the first one, but heard excellent things. Check out the link if you want to find out more. I'm hoping to be there.
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:34 PM

WinterIsComing is surprisingly tart

Just wanted to Bump this Thread to see if there is anyone else here in SO FL interested in coming.

Valar Morghulis
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:37 AM

Btw I don't own the Marvel scape and was just curious on how many ppl were actually going to bring/play with them.
Old April 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Adrian Monk

Thanks for the bump, WinterIsComing.

Just so everyone knows I have 8 people for sure (perfect for 2v2 x2 ) and several other maybes still. (We have a few players who aren't active here on the site, so they don't show up on the tally here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfvjh View Post
Btw I don't own the Marvel scape and was just curious on how many ppl were actually going to bring/play with them.
Only a few of us have Marvel and we don't usually use it in these games. If someone wants to bring some and an opponent is willing to play against them, then it is okay with me. I like Marvel, though it doesn't blend really well with classic. A few work well in a classic army (like Venom).

If you want to try some out, let me know and I can bring mine.

Again, they are fun and I won't block them out, but at the same time, please don't anyone expect to play Marvel every game, since it doesn't integrate all so perfectly... (Just so you know, they are generally excluded from all tournaments that I know of.)

See you all soon.
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Adrian Monk

Just a note here: May 23-25 is Florida SuperCon at the Hyatt Regency Bonaventure in Weston (250 Racquet Club Rd).

I will be out of town that weekend (it is Memorial Day weekend) and can't make it, but Joey (owner of War n Pieces) is in charge of all the gaming events for the Con and has invited us to run a Heroscape tournament there. Again, I can't make it, but if any of you would like to work with him on this, I think it would be an excellent event (if I was here, I would definitely do it).

The Con is pretty big with lots of stars from comics and fantasy stuff (from Buffy to Harry Potter to artists, musicians, etc.): www.floridasupercon.com.

Anyhow, an FYI for anyone here. Joey and Sandy are at warandpieces@yahoo.com.
Old April 19th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Adrian Monk

I realized that we hadn't discussed maps at all.

My thought was to try the Forsaken Waters for a 2v2 game and the newly released Ch1cano map Road Rampage (see opening page or the BoV) for an extra 1v1 (for anyone not wanting to join the team battles). (For Forsaken Wasters we could just play the map roughly as is in the rule books or use the first variant here: http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...ers_Master.pdf.)

Any other suggestions for a 2v2 map? (We'll want two.)

We could use the Wellspring of Obsession map, but it is a bit large and can be unbalanced (plus, it affects army choice a bit as well--in the one scenario you don't have starting zones, it is free for all for unit placement--very fun, but quite different than what most of us are used to. In the other scenario, there are many glyphs and height can be a huge factor. (See the map at http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...ion_Master.pdf.)

Another 1v1 I was looking at was the Artic Divide (again, see BoV for these: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5725). This way we have room for plenty of 1v1 for those that want to do it (the Forsaken Waters easily doubles as a 1v1 as well).

Thoughts?
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:24 AM

Its offical my brother has flaked so its just me going. I'd love to add $0.02 to the choice of maps but since I know nothing of fun maps I'll just go with the general public choice.

Oh and a bump for justice and rolling.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events