Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 14th, 2007, 03:45 PM

guns_linger has disabled reputation
Fortress Door house rules?

Hi everyone! We've been playing on a custom map with a castle. After a few games without the door going down, we began to discuss possible house rules to make it easier to knock down. We thought about dropping the free shields to 1 for medium or smaller figures, and 0 for large+. Any thoughts? Do you guys just keep the door as-is?
Old November 14th, 2007, 04:39 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fortress Door house rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_linger
Hi everyone! We've been playing on a custom map with a castle. After a few games without the door going down, we began to discuss possible house rules to make it easier to knock down. We thought about dropping the free shields to 1 for medium or smaller figures, and 0 for large+. Any thoughts? Do you guys just keep the door as-is?
I keep it as is but you could also drop the auto shields all together.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 14th, 2007, 04:56 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Re: Fortress Door house rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_linger
We thought about dropping the free shields to 1 for medium or smaller figures, and 0 for large+. Any thoughts? Do you guys just keep the door as-is?
Hi guns_linger, and welcome to the Heroscapers community!

Your house rule will certainly help cut that door into kindling much faster!

But, I'll offer up an alternative:
As a part of my Hive Cavern scenario, I specified that the Door start the game out with 4 wound markers placed on it. (Due to the dampness of the underground sewage cavern environment.)

I chose to place the wound markers to modify the Door's strength because it leave the rules in effect just as printed on the card.
Players do not have to remember any rules modifications as the wound markers are visible right on the card.
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Welcome to the site, g_s!

In my house, the door only has 5 life.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:02 PM

guns_linger has disabled reputation
Thanks for the welcomes. I'll try reducing the door's life before dropping its free shields. It just seems to me that its game purpose is to be broken down, at much cost, and after much effort, no? If you can't get it down, you just sort of have to plan on flyers and ranged characters. Where are the epic ladder-hopping fights then?
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, guns_linger!

On behalf of our persistantly firearmed and door busting community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, you keep on knocking but you can't come in

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions